Dreger: Sens sitting Ceci and Boedker

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
What is dorion’s plan? Make sure Colorado definitely gets Hughes? These guys are still under team control and they have 20 games to play- they need bodies. Trade them at the draft if people are interested

At this point trying to make sure Colorado doesn't "definitely get Hughes" is kind of a sunk cost fallacy. From the perspective of the team today other than being embarrassing whatever pick Colorado gets no longer has an impact on the team.

Reactions: klabob

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Next season Melnyk will start selling roster spots to fans who want to try NHL action.
Isn't there already a rumor out there that he sold a 7th round draft pick to a rich dad? Or was that another team. I think there were rumors about Brad Peltz (Dad is a billionaire), and Cody Rosen who got drafted by the Islanders.

Sens With Benefits

Feb 4, 2010
Canada
Isn't there already a rumor out there that he sold a 7th round draft pick to a rich dad? Or was that another team. I think there were rumors about Brad Peltz (Dad is a billionaire), and Cody Rosen who got drafted by the Islanders.

Yep it was Brad Peltz. I think his dad owned Snapple. Melnyk was doing him a favour lol.

Edit: He's runs Wendy's.

Edit: He used to own Snapple.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
It's important to note that Ceci and Stone are dating sisters. They are also really close friends. I can see whatever team going after Stone, inquiring about Ceci too.

I could see this as a means to trade Ceci with Stone to a team that will be giving up a defender currently on their roster (Andersson/Valimaki/Niku?)

LOL. Winnipeg? That would be funny. Some ppl will flip.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
What is dorion’s plan? Make sure Colorado definitely gets Hughes? These guys are still under team control and they have 20 games to play- they need bodies. Trade them at the draft if people are interested

Rather have Hughes out west then in the east. So why not? We can't get him, might as well make sure he goes as far away as possible

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
Imagine being the guy that paid a ticket to see Ottawa tonight and drove to that arena in the middle of nowhere.

"GOLOUBEF? WOHOOOO!"

How about the dad who bought his son tickets for Christmas ....

So he could see his idols play: Duchene, Stone, Dzingel, Boedker & Ceci.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
And thevgoals against are atrocious. Every year.

Well it was in reply to hm having no offensive skill.

And the goals against are likely due to him playing historically tough minutes that few in the league have ever done (post lockout since when that is when they started keeping certain stats).

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Sens locker room tomorrow at noon:
tenor.gif
Congrats on winning the internet for the day

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Is there a deal to be made around Ceci and Zaitsev with futures coming from the Leafs?

There has to be. Sens have to hit the cap floor and either they are going to sign worse deals than Zaitsevs to hit that floor or they will take on a deal that has less term than anyone they'd get as a UFA.

They need draft picks and solid NHLers.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
They don't count because the Oilers didn't have Erik Karlsson on their team as their top unit PPQB.

Again. Are you implying that but for Karlsson Ceci would have
1. Been on the 1st powerplay unit
2. Been successful on the powerplay?

I disagree with 1 alot and 2 completely.

Ceci doesn't have that skill set. There is no circumstance in which he'd scored 15 pp points a year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad