Player Discussion Evgenii Dadonov (RW)

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I'm afraid there is no way Anisimov gets scratched. They'll be looking to raise his stock so he can be traded at the deadline.

Very possible as it's last year on his contract so it will be a non issue at the deadline for a team acquiring him. Well unless teams are really against the cap but that won't be the case for most teams.

Anyway, Anisimov should be useful this year. Shelter the rookies a bit, provide some veteran depth, cover for injuries and maybe even garner an asset at the deadline.

Not if he puts up 40+ points. In any case, the best players will play. If the prospects are ready there is no way DJ holds them back.

He has somewhat been injury-prone the last few years so we'll see if he can stay healthy first.

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
I'm afraid there is no way Anisimov gets scratched. They'll be looking to raise his stock so he can be traded at the deadline.

The Senators aren't going to worry about getting a 6th or 7th rounder for him if they can improve their young players by scratching Anisimov. He'll be a hard guy to trade regardless of how he plays because of his cap hit.

Reactions: Sweatred

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

They waived glue guy Zack Smith
AnotherUnsungJaguar-max-1mb.gif

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Anisimov was on a 20g pace last season and if he gets a bit more playing time could be flipped for a decent asset if injuries happen to a team that needs some depth scoring, especially if we retain a bit of salary

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
They waived glue guy Zack Smith
AnotherUnsungJaguar-max-1mb.gif

Bought out Ryan. Let hometown hero Boro walk. Karlsson, Stone, Pageau ect ect. Traded all of Bouchers boys when he got fed up.

If theres one thing that you can be sure about with Pierre Dorion, its that he has no problem being ruthless or with letting emotions effect his business decisions. Which is sort of what a small market team like this needs to not handcuff itself even further.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

His feet aren't moving on any of his goals by the looks of it. Great shot and release but he looks like a player that needs to play with a puck distributer that can drive the play from a possession stand point. Which Stuetzle might be the only player in the organization that thrives playing that way. Maybe Norris but I think you'd want a play making winger who is pass first to play with them. Batherson?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
His feet aren't moving on any of his goals by the looks of it. Great shot and release but he looks like a player that needs to play with a puck distributer that can drive the play from a possession stand point. Which Stuetzle might be the only player in the organization that thrives playing that way. Maybe Norris but I think you'd want a play making winger who is pass first to play with them. Batherson?

Stuetzle-Brown-Dadonov ?

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

Brown... but it will probably be White, Arti, Gal, or Tierney. I hope he gets a left handed distributor like Brown.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
The Senators aren't going to worry about getting a 6th or 7th rounder for him if they can improve their young players by scratching Anisimov. He'll be a hard guy to trade regardless of how he plays because of his cap hit.

"regardless of how he plays"? If he plays a solid two-way game or starts scoring, he could be a valuable addition to a SC contending team at the TDL that seeks to add a quality forward for the playoffs. I doubt that happens though.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Brown... but it will probably be White, Arti, Gal, or Tierney. I hope he gets a left handed distributor like Brown.

This would be my guess as well, Tkachuk - White - Dadonov as the top line, followed by a Galchenyuk - Tierny - C. Brown line, these are some of the most experienced players on the team now. The third line could be interesting that is where I expect that L. Brown could get a start with Batherson on one wing & Paul the defensive conscience would play on the other side. One would think if Stuetzle stays to play in Ottawa this yr that either Galchenyuk or Paul will drop a line.

A Paul - L. Brown - Batherson line would reunite a pretty good AHL scoring line that were quite successful in Belleville. On the 4th line is where we should find, Anisimov, Watson, Chlapik or Balcers. Any way we slice it, it just doesn't look like much of a forward group with these players yet, unless a few of them surprise in a big way.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
"regardless of how he plays"? If he plays a solid two-way game or starts scoring, he could be a valuable addition to a SC contending team at the TDL that seeks to add a quality forward for the playoffs. I doubt that happens though.

He's well passed being a quality forward. He's a depth player these days. He's not going to bring in much in a trade and with his cap hit, teams will have a hard time fitting him in. You don't play him to increase his trade value. You play him if the young players aren't ready.

Reactions: JD1

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
He's well passed being a quality forward. He's a depth player these days. He's not going to bring in much in a trade and with his cap hit, teams will have a hard time fitting him in. You don't play him to increase his trade value. You play him if the young players aren't ready.

I certainly do not expect much back in a trade.

Reactions: Sweatred

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
This would be my guess as well, Tkachuk - White - Dadonov as the top line, followed by a Galchenyuk - Tierny - C. Brown line, these are some of the most experienced players on the team now. The third line could be interesting that is where I expect that L. Brown could get a start with Batherson on one wing & Paul the defensive conscience would play on the other side. One would think if Stuetzle stays to play in Ottawa this yr that either Galchenyuk or Paul will drop a line.

A Paul - L. Brown - Batherson line would reunite a pretty good AHL scoring line that were quite successful in Belleville. On the 4th line is where we should find, Anisimov, Watson, Chlapik or Balcers. Any way we slice it, it just doesn't look like much of a forward group with these players yet, unless a few of them surprise in a big way.

I keep seeing one timers from the high slot from left handed Dadonov - that’s a tough pass from the right or left side of the ice for a right handed Center (white).

If the Sens are going to use Dadonov in that slot they are going to need a left handed left winger or Center puck distributing player. That feels like Brown, Stutzle, CT, or maybe Brady. I think Brady is a better passer than what he gets credit for but a White / Brady pair with Dadonov could struggle getting Dadonov the puck in his seam.

I think we see one of CT, Brown, TS, Brady with Dadonov.

It could be TS & CT but I’m not convinced TS plays with the team this season.

Reactions: Que

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I keep seeing one timers from the high slot from left handed Dadonov - that’s a tough pass from the right or left side of the ice for a right handed Center (white).

If the Sens are going to use Dadonov in that slot they are going to need a left handed left winger or Center puck distributing player. That feels like Brown, Stutzle, CT, or maybe Brady. I think Brady is a better passer than what he gets credit for but a White / Brady pair with Dadonov could struggle getting Dadonov the puck in his seam.

I think we see one of CT, Brown, TS, Brady with Dadonov.

It could be TS & CT but I’m not convinced TS plays with the team this season.

I'd like to see a video of those one timers.

I assume by one timers you mean off wing. That one timer can happen off a rush but it's not easy, it requires the shooter to pivot while moving to open up. And ya it's easier for a left handed center to make that play to a left handed off wing shooter. On the rush only. But most one timers are not scored that way.

Once inside the O zone, that pass is coming across the ice and it's easier to make that pass as a righty. How many Karlsson to Hoffman goals can you remember? How about Spezza to Heatley?

On the PP, you want that guy on the left half wall to be a righty. It opens up your peripheral view and you see better.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I'd like to see a video of those one timers.

I assume by one timers you mean off wing. That one timer can happen off a rush but it's not easy, it requires the shooter to pivot while moving to open up. And ya it's easier for a left handed center to make that play to a left handed off wing shooter. On the rush only. But most one timers are not scored that way.

Once inside the O zone, that pass is coming across the ice and it's easier to make that pass as a righty. How many Karlsson to Hoffman goals can you remember? How about Spezza to Heatley?

On the PP, you want that guy on the left half wall to be a righty. It opens up your peripheral view and you see better.

He sets up in the high slot. I’d say they are a mixture of off the rush and PP time, but the PP slot is pretty
Obvious. Brown on the radio the other day called it “his spot”... the entire league knows it but he’s good at finding a lane and getting the shot off. FLD had a lot of left handed players passing them the puck with the players going to the net (not coming off the half wall).

Last edited:

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
First 2 games Dadonov was quite invisible, but looked better in his 3rd game and picked up a point. Looking like he might be the #3RW by minutes this season, behind both Batherson and Brown. Usage has been quite strange, with DJ giving him and Stuetzle more D zone starts than the 4th line.

Alfie11

Feb 23, 2018
I haven't minded Dadonov's game but maybe that's because I view him as a complimentary scoring player rather than a big star.

I think all our skilled forwards are suffering from the lack of crisp puck movement from the defence. Our defence definitely works better with guys who score grinding goals rather than nice plays off the rush.

I'm hoping Dadonov can be a weapon on the PP, if that happens then I would say the signing is a success.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad