Post-Game Talk: Sens shoot shoot shoot and lose 5-1 to Winnipeg

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Actually I think Joey D would be fine in this situation. He was the guy on a bad Arizona State team and over 3 years made them much better.
True but that’s a little different than getting thrown into the NHL against Mcdavid, Drai, Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Petterson with no defence helping you out.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

Damn maybe don’t scratch him.

I don't see the point in scratching him. I'd rather he figure it out on the ice. Nobody behind or in front of him has played any better, so while we have higher expectations for Norris, I don't think he should be punished for it.

Fact is we're just incredibly weak down the middle and it has a domino effect on all of them.

Reactions: Carl Karlsson

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
To clarify: It's a crapshoot if any guy becomes a very good player in the NHL outside of a select few. It's not like Stone had average stats in junior and the AHL. People were always concerned about his skating but they knew he could score. Obviously a bunch of scouts were wrong drafting him so low. And up until last year Norris was not known for his scoring. solid player with OK stats. Was last year an anomaly or can he be a reliable 25 goal man in the NHL? Batherson even more so. Nothing suggests he is going to be anything more than a 15 goal 30 assist type guy in the NHL.
So outside of Stutzle do you see anybody on the team that looks to be 30 goal scorer? How about a point a game player? Right now I see no one, other than Stutzle, who looks like they might do that.

No ... and I’m not high on Batherson as a scorer. That being said Stone isn’t a 30 goals scorer either. I think he has had 30 goals once ? Batherson has never been a permitter scorer.

More than anything I think the 2020 draft was the start of the rebuild phase. Previous was all tear down and sell off. The sell offs and previous picks have added some currency but I think some think Stutzle and Sanderson are the final pieces where I think they represent the half way point or the point where the kids start carry the team.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I mean, the guys who he's being compared to are Stepan, Anisimov, White and Tierny. Elite company
Oh absolutely, but I was saying maybe give him a break and let brown play. Now maybe give tierney or stepan a break and let brown play

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He literally just scored his first even strength goal of the season last night playing with Watson and Galchenyuk, his first game with those two.
I know. But i didn’t know the u deleting stats were that good relative to his competition. Not sure why he’s on a line with paquette and watson right now

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
No ... and I’m not high on Batherson as a scorer. That being said Stone isn’t a 30 goals scorer either. I think he has had 30 goals once ? Batherson has never been a permitter scorer.

More than anything I think the 2020 draft was the start of the rebuild phase. Previous was all tear down and sell off. The sell offs and previous picks have added some currency but I think some think Stutzle and Sanderson are the final pieces where I think they represent the half way point or the point where the kids start carry the team.
So for all my rambling I stick with my main point. The team needs some high end shooters. That's the one area they are sorely lacking.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
So for all my rambling I stick with my main point. The team needs some high end shooters. That's the one area they are sorely lacking.

I guess I don’t disagree - I had advocated for drafting a Holtz type player with the 50A. In the end I was happier with Sanderson and the no cost acquisition of Dadonov ... that part just hasn’t worked out great yet.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I mean, the guys who he's being compared to are Stepan, Anisimov, White and Tierny. Elite company

And yet I don't mind, at his stage in development, grinding it out a bit. Will make him a more complete player, maybe cheat less, etc...it is a long season for a genuine NHL rookie

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Really ? 25 year olds in the NHL are no better in their 300th game than what they were 13 games into their career? .... here I thought players developed into their 20's. Too bad we picked that Stutzle kid, I was hoping he might be a 30+ goal scorer, at least we didn't get LAF, apparently he will never score a 5v5 goal.

They get better...but nowhere near what you think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad