Rumor: Sens rumor Heard on "The Power Play" with Steve Kouleas

Cat Herder

Formerly BigSensFan
Sep 21, 2006
Belle River,On
He had a former player on (never caught his name but I tweeted to Kouleas asking who it was).

The player said he heard the Sens and Rangers were talking to do a swap.

Brady Tkachuk for 1st overall. They never mentioned any other pieces. Kouleas even went as far as saying something along the lines of "Ottawa would pick 1, 3 & 5 talk about loading up"

Reactions: NB613
Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
He had a former player on (never caught his name but I tweeted to Kouleas asking who it was).

Brady Tkachuk for 1st overall. They never mentioned any other pieces. Kouleas even went as far as saying something along the lines of "Ottawa would pick 1, 3 & 5 talk about loading up"

Honestly, I could see it if Melnyk doesn't want to pay him. (Extrapolating from Matthew holding out and not taking a "hometown discount").

That being said, I'm 99.99999999% sure this won't happen.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I can't help but assume that if it happened, it would be because negotiations with Tkachuk went sideways.

That said, don't see it happening.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
This deal seems highly unlikely, I can’t think of a similar deal that’s ever happened.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
It would be quite the Melnyk thing to do. Tkachuk would be great on the Rangers but not for the price of Laf and certainly not for any realistic offer

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus

Lololol No lololol. Why would the Rangers do that?

Tkachuk is a rare breed, a modern day power forward of the old school mold, but Lafrenierre is supposed to be on a different tier and is already NHL ready himself.

Hogwash.

Leafmealone11

Aug 7, 2020
Sens are willing to deal #3, #5, and next year's 1st rounder. Huge package and the Rangers didn't hang up immediately, so there's slight potential here. Hearing the Rangers told the Sens, Brady Tkachuk must be in the deal if they are even going to consider it. Picks 3,5 and Tkachuk is huge return.

Google came up with some crazy site saying this^^
Sounds risky seeing how next years first will probably be around first pick

Reactions: NB613

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Sens are willing to deal #3, #5, and next year's 1st rounder. Huge package and the Rangers didn't hang up immediately, so there's slight potential here. Hearing the Rangers told the Sens, Brady Tkachuk must be in the deal if they are even going to consider it. Picks 3,5 and Tkachuk is huge return.

Rumor: Ottawa sends massive trade offer to the Rangers for #1 pick

link to the above post.

lol if that deal was actually on the table it would have been accepted already. It would be a joke for the Sens to give up even half of that

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus

Laf is not worth #3, #5, and next year's first. Smells like bull's poo poo.

Love this quote on the rumoured site that reported the above (posted a whopping 4 weeks ago):

This rumour is so stupid it insults the intelligence of idiots.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

From August 18?

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
idk how I feel about that. At the end of the day I get it but I still feel brady has a skill set that does lend to winning championships.

Also think it's fake.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Rumor: Ottawa sends massive trade offer to the Rangers for #1 pick

link to the above post.

lol if that deal was actually on the table it would have been accepted already. It would be a joke for the Sens to give up even half of that
From August 18 .. this is old news
Senators Comment On Rumors They'll Trade Up For First Overall Pick

A clear cut sign that Tkachuk is on the table , is if Dorion says they want to make him a Senator for life. Have not heard that yet so I think we are safe

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I can't help but assume that if it happened, it would be because negotiations with Tkachuk went sideways.

That said, don't see it happening.
The team hadn’t talked to Brady about contract as of end of August so I doubt negotiations are going badly.

Reactions: Gesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad