Rumor: Sens rumor Heard on "The Power Play" with Steve Kouleas

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
That would be the stupidest trade to happen; that’s as stupid as the crap you see on the trade boards half the time.

In other E5 news, generic teams offer decent 20 y/o prospect for 1OA.

FlyingJ

Feb 25, 2014
Why would the Rangers ever do that.
Yeah, I don't see it happening. If the Rangers were to make a trade for anything right now, it would be for goaltending. Lundqvist ain't what he used to be, and while Georgiev and Shesterkin have been solid, they aren't too proven.

Also, Brady's a LW, like Laf, and it's a position that the Rangers already have Panarin and Kreider at. If they can't work out a trade for something they actually need right now, they're better off keeping the pick and getting the guy who is a few years younger and has a higher upside if they want to extend their eventual window.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
So, there seems to be some conflating of a month old sketchy click bait rumour site "rumour", and what Shane O'brien said he heard to Kouleas on yesterday's episode of powerplay.

The former was complete nonsense from a garbage site praying on the gullible, the later had better production value.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I don’t think if trade Brady for Laf 1-1. We don’t need to push our development back a few years and Brady’s intangibles will be nearly impossible to replace. Brady would be an amazing fit for NYR (or any team).

I definitely wouldn’t trade 3 or 5 plus Brady.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Former player...
Dumb speculation that makes no sense...
Must be Cowen
Hahahaha.

Honestly wouldnt suprise me if Tkachuk wanted out if the sens made a contract offer. Look whats transpired since he got here. Clearly they low balled him.

If the sens offered any combination of two of the assets 3, 5 and Tkachuk for Laf they are idiots let alone all 3.

I want the sens to keep tkachuk his play style and leadership is as important as almost any player for the rebuild. This team needs an identity and Tkachuks physical abrasive style will be the mantra. They have a big team already with a coach that demands they play hard. They have to build around him. God damnit we need a commited owner.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I'm not even sure what pieces we have that could make this deal work without 3 or 5

Brady + Drake + L. Brown?

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Tkachuk, Norris, 28, 58 for Lafreniere and cap relief is my guess.

I just hope this is all hot garbage.

But the reality is I don’t.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Probably Dorion take the pulse on a new contract and Brady agent ask too much signing bonus. And if NY really want Brady one for one , it s gonna be a steal by Dorion

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Quinn coached Brady at BU. Brady extension pending, No captain being named ... Still don't believe it but ... really with this franchise you just never know

Yup.

I can believe this one. Weve seen this scenario play out too many times when it comes to pending UFA's and RFA's getting moved.

Zibanejad being the last soon to be RFA that we moved.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Dec 2017
"Yes, we have everyone’s trade lists. We’ve had everyone’s trade lists for a long while," Dorion confirmed. "In saying that, it’s our wish, all of us, for Erik Karlsson to be here for the next 10 years.
Then came the "but" ... which is an indicator of the sorry state of affairs the Senators are in.
"If an opposing team phones you and makes you an offer you can’t refuse, all I know is ... if Wayne Gretzky got traded, I think any player in the NHL can be traded," Dorion said. "We love Erik Karlsson. We understand he went through a pretty serious operation. His condition is finally getting to the level where it needs to be. We love him. We want him to be an Ottawa Senator for life." With Senators in disarray, GM Pierre Dorion says coach is safe, roster isn't

Dorion on Chabot Apr, 2019
“We hope, at a certain point and time, to have a lengthy contract extension with Thomas Chabot,” said Dorion. “Our plan is to keep him for a long time and hopefully be a Senator for life.”

Dorion on Boro May 2020
"Dorion has already stated he plans to speak with UFA defenceman Mark Borowiecki about a contract to make him a “Senator for life”. After the trade deadline in February"
This article from today discusses this exact thing.
Borowiecki a eu le «baiser de la mort»

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad