Post-Game Talk: Sens @ Rangers: The misadventures of the Hobbit and the Lorax

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I take my recaps without hyperbole, thank you.

Well the Rangers lost in a game when they couldn't score more than 2 on 41 shots against one of the worst teams in the league, including some amazing chances on the Sens' backup goalie and all I read is about their lack of toughness. What hyperbole?

Wolfy*

Recap: The Rangers scored only 2 goals on around 41 shots and Brassard missed an empty net on a perfect Zucc pass because we're not tough enough.

Right, lets just give our boys credit for not just standing there when Staal got blastered into the boards. This time they retaliated, in fact every man on the ice was involved.

But since we're the Rongo Sisters, it turned into a huge slap fest. If we were the Bruins we'd see a real line brawl.

LGR, lets move on, lets crush the Canes...and clinch!

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Beat a team, good win, excellent team! Lose to the same team, Not tough enough, no depth, and everything inbetween.

Imagine how hard a good team like Chicago or Pens would destroy us.. Owait

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
brassards been a great player for us down the stretch.

it happens.

Not pissed off about him at all, I like the effort level he's brought recently.

Nash, MSL and Richards piss me off the most. Too talented to play like such garbage, although I expect it more from Richards than the other two.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Not pissed off about him at all, I like the effort level he's brought recently.

Nash, MSL and Richards piss me off the most. Too talented to play like such garbage, although I expect it more from Richards than the other two.

Nash has not been garbage

Vidic15*

Nothing is going right for MSL. Even the simplest plays are getting away from him. I would love to see him turn it around in the playoffs, but my gut is telling me that he probably needs a full offseason and training camp.

surf

Wheres the Reggae?
Oct 2, 2002
sea bright nj
Your rants are so tired and old..You barely make sense and its non stop...Show me one person in this thread that said they wanted goons? What people are discussing and wanting are players over 5ft 6 who can play the game and get nasty if needed not one person is calling for John Scott

I feel like the Rangers can literally assault everyone on the other team next game and people would complain about a lack of toughness. Like a bunch of parrots. It's especially annoying in a game like this when our lack of finish was easily seen again and people say we're poorly constructed because we lack goons.

surf

Wheres the Reggae?
Oct 2, 2002
sea bright nj
Neils hit was a regular check in the 80's and 90's but in todays game it boarders on barbaric...It was boarder line clean/cheap...No penalty was called and as a poster stated Staal stepped to Neil and was rag dolled

what did Chris Neil do? I missed the game.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Your rants are so tired and old..You barely make sense and its non stop...Show me one person in this thread that said they wanted goons? What people are discussing and wanting are players over 5ft 6 who can play the game and get nasty if needed not one person is calling for John Scott

I don't even know what get nasty is. The problem with this team is its lack of finishing skills not toughness. They just scored 2 goals on over 40 shots against the backup goalie of one of the worst Ds in the league. Too bad they did hit more people.

Wolfy*

I don't even know what get nasty is. The problem with this team is its lack of finishing skills not toughness. They just scored 2 goals on over 40 shots against the backup goalie of one of the worst Ds in the league. Too bad they did hit more people.

Say that you think this team don't lack toughness, that's fine it's your opinion. But don't make it a statement.

You have to accept the fact that a lot of people disagree, including pro reporters like Brooks and so on.

And the game last night, their "backup goalie" was actually damn good.

shoves

Free orangejuice?
Nov 29, 2011

Exactly. Certain guys cant stick to whats actually written in posts if people disagrees with them. Makes it kinda hard to discuss stuff

BarbaraAlphanse

I really think this team is underachieving...when you have basically three future HOFers you should be a dominant team

They are dominating... for the most part.

70 shots is a ridiculous total. They didn't capitalize. It happens.

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
Neils hit was a regular check in the 80's and 90's but in todays game it boarders on barbaric...It was boarder line clean/cheap...No penalty was called and as a poster stated Staal stepped to Neil and was rag dolled

Color me not surprised that Neil did this.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Say that you think this team don't lack toughness, that's fine it's your opinion. But don't make it a statement.

You have to accept the fact that a lot of people disagree, including pro reporters like Brooks and so on.

And the game last night, their "backup goalie" was actually damn good.

He was good, but my point is that the reason they lost is that they couldn't score more than 2. The Sens can score, they can't stop you from scoring, we didn't score. I don't think they don't lack toughness. They do. I just don't think it's the federal case that everyone is making it out to be.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It's gotten to the point where the 40 goal, $7.8 million superstar that's supposed to be carrying the team is getting the "it's ok Ricky, it was a good try" treatment.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
It's gotten to the point where the 40 goal, $7.8 million superstar that's supposed to be carrying the team is getting the "it's ok Ricky, it was a good try" treatment.

38 points in 62 games isn't even close to good enough for Rick Nash. It's ****awful for Rick Nash. That's 2nd line production. Barely on pace for 50 points over a full year, and it's entirely possible he doesn't break 40 this year.

Last year, he had 42 points in 44 games. THAT'S good year for Nash. That's what we expect out of him.

To say he's been anything other than dreadful for 75% of this season is a joke. Barely a 2nd liner for most of this year. His goal scoring was fantastic at times, but he's not gonna score 50, and his inability to contribute to a line (as opposed to benefiting from it) was horrific.

13 assists? With the amount of powerplay time he had? It really goes to show that when Rick Nash has the puck, you're either going to see a shot on goal, or a turnover.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

That type of response is only natural to hysterical posts about how he's lazy and doesn't try. If people don't want that type of response then they should stop making **** up just to take shots at him and actually debate the facts. If all of the posts were "for a $7.8 million player Rick Nash's production isn't up to par" rather than "Rick Nash is a big fat stupid head that kicks puppies and is lazy and doesn't try", I would think you wouldn't be seeing the "it's ok Ricky, it was a good try" type posts. Maybe you should have beef with the people that exaggerate the other way too, just for fairness sake,

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I'm holding out hope that this is the year that Hank goes full god mode for the playoffs. No off games and just carries us all the way.

I look at it this way: so far he's basically been the number one elite goalie in the regular season for his career. Now we're seeing him have a somewhat down year (for him). I'm hoping that the year he is weak during the regular season is the year he goes into god mode in the playoffs. I can see it happening too because it's not like he's been struggling all season, he's been getting better and better since January. So I'm hoping it all leads to him turning into Hasek in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad