Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Preds/Please Score Some Goals Edition/ Nov. 8, 8 p.m./ RDS2 & TSN5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Yeah Lehner played good but we need to be able to score more than 1 goal.

I think I was more worried after the Vancouver game where our chances were even fewer than vs. Buffalo. Hopefully they can sort-of build after the Buffalo game, keep working on the PP and score some god damn goals.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Just keep Stone the hell away from PK. The way things have been going this year for Stone getting bumps and bruises nearly every game, the poor guy will end up being decapitated if he goes near that lumberjack.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
When you're 6th in the east conference and only 2 points from 13th. Nashville will be a good test.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Yeah Lehner played good but we need to be able to score more than 1 goal.

I think I was more worried after the Vancouver game where our chances were even fewer than vs. Buffalo. Hopefully they can sort-of build after the Buffalo game, keep working on the PP and score some god damn goals.

Lehner was spectacular. Good is an understatement.

Any other game and it's 3-1 or 4-1 us.

His save on Stone and save on Pageau were ridiculous.

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
The Stone save was skill.

The Pageau save was dumb luck.

Both was not skill, but lack of skill.
Especcially Stone. Open net, but he shot to goalie pad. Lehner started to make a move, but there is no chance for him. Not taking away anything on Lehner performance, but this loss is on our highly skilled forwards.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Both was not skill, but lack of skill.
Especcially Stone. Open net, but he shot to goalie pad. Lehner started to make a move, but there is no chance for him. Not taking away anything on Lehner performance, but this loss is on our highly skilled forwards.

I know it's hard in that instance, but man, raise the puck. You are professional players. You should be able to do that.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
So, apparently these are the lines for the game:

Ryan-Brassard-Stone
Hoffman-Turris-Pyatt
Smith-Pageau-Kelly
Puempel-Dzingel-Neil

Methot-Karlsson
Phaneuf-Ceci
Claesson-Borowiecki

I'd like to see Dzingel tried out on his off wing with Turris and Hoffan to create a lightning fast line. Move Pyatt to Pageau's wing and Kelly to the 4th line center spot.

If Wideman is healthy enough to go, I'd also like to see him in Boro's spot, and give the Claesson Wideman combo a shot.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Would love those changes, Micklebot. We are struggling with faceoffs, so this would also help I think.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
Wtf is pyatt doing in the second line. They guy is a good player but shouldn't be in the tip 6 cmon ! It's disgusting.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
I don't understand why we don't try claesson with Phaneuf and boro with Ceci. Instead we are forcing 2 rds to play together and 2 lds to play together

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'll flip this game on occasionally but I'll be eating some popcorn watching election coverage most of the time tonight!

I can't imagine the game being more entertaining than the US election...

and yes, I'm being serious.

god help us...

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I don't understand why we don't try claesson with Phaneuf and boro with Ceci. Instead we are forcing 2 rds to play together and 2 lds to play together

Phaneuf is left handed but has experience playing both sides. Not really forcing anything here.

That said, the reason we don't do that is because neither Boro nor Claesson is suited (in the coaches opinion as far as I can tell) for the matchups Ceci and Phaneuf have been getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad