Confirmed with Link: Sens playing a couple of games in Sweden next season

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
is it true the Sens are losing 2 home games and the Leafs are losing none?

With the way the home record is ... what a dumb person whoever approved this.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Yeah, and we'll probably have the most back-to-backs next season...again. And a really stupid 9-day stretch of no games at all, right when the team starts playing well, too.

The schedule never seems to do us any favors.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Are we forgetting Dorion asked EK for his trade list right before the trip.

It’s sad for Garrioche that he will do anything to protect Dorion - he tweets this to throw Bocuher under the bus when a day before the trip Dorion traded Turris and then EK have his famous “I’ll get what I’m worth here or so where else speech” because clearly the players were pissed at management. Dorion said later that year he hadn’t spoken to EK, the captain is his team - since the Sweden trip.

It’s just sad because it must be weird to be an adult and be a mini-cult member for Dorion and the Melnyck’s. No matter how poorly they behave or mistake they make - to Garrioche they are blameless and innocents - weird behaviour for an adult

• Wow
Reactions: bicboi64

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Hmmm
Yes. There are four games played and we don’t play the Leafs. Min and Det have “home” games vs Leafs and “road” games vs Sens….2nd home Sweden
Well, it'll be interesting to see what they do with sth holders that have already renewed and paid for 41 games

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
is it true the Sens are losing 2 home games and the Leafs are losing none?

With the way the home record is ... what a dumb person whoever approved this.

When is the last time the league didn't bend over backwards for Toronto while screwing us over on the schedule?

IpsoPostFacto

No opinions, just reactions
Dec 17, 2017
Are we forgetting Dorion asked EK for his trade list right before the trip.

It’s sad for Garrioche that he will do anything to protect Dorion - he tweets this to throw Bocuher under the bus when a day before the trip Dorion traded Turris and then EK have his famous “I’ll get what I’m worth here or so where else speech” because clearly the players were pissed at management. Dorion said later that year he hadn’t spoken to EK, the captain is his team - since the Sweden trip.

It’s just sad because it must be weird to be an adult and be a mini-cult member for Dorion and the Melnyck’s. No matter how poorly they behave or mistake they make - to Garrioche they are blameless and innocents - weird behaviour for an adult

Bobby Ryan chimed in on that tweet and called out Brucie.

1682602117935.png

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Bobby Ryan chimed in on that tweet and called out Brucie.

View attachment 697602

I know, but the fact a big voice in Ottawa sports gets to throw blame and shade around when it’s completely BS to me is the problem. Garrioche gets call out by an actual player from the team to call him out or his assumed insider info takes precedent over us “basement warriors”. I’ve said all along Garrioche is just a paid troll . So I’m glad Ryan did this, but Garrioche just out there printing BS for Dorion - sad. Ottawa fans deserve so much better then this

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

dmarc

SENS!!!!!!!
Mar 29, 2009
To me its clear the org is choosing to host two homes games in Sweden because they will net out more money than hosting at home.
A couple years ago that would have made sense but find it a bit surprising because our attendance is on the up.

Reactions: DrEasy

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
To me its clear the org is choosing to host two homes games in Sweden because they will net out more money than hosting at home.
A couple years ago that would have made sense but find it a bit surprising because our attendance is on the up.

Yeah, it's a real tarp in the face of all local Sens fans.

Reactions: dmarc

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I wouldn't say the Wild or Wings are big draws for us at home either so this makes sense financially.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Losing two home games really bugs me. Even one bugs me, but it's a casualty of the trip. (Which I don't support - let other teams do this trip.) But to lose two home games while our Division rivals in Toronto lose none? This is garbage. Sens fans take it in the ear again, and our franchise doesn't say a word to stand up for us or their own guys...
The team must be getting guaranteed revenue from the league to lose 2 home games of revenue.

Oh great, now Dorion has another excuse to not fire DJ when we shit the bed in November again.

Nobody will be concerned about Dorion if the team has a high probability if being out of the playoffs again by the end of November; he will be gone.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
You get paid for teams average Gate revenue, likely why Toronto is playing road games.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Thursday, November 16 20:00 CET / 1:00 PM EST : Detroit Red Wings vs Ottawa Senators

Friday, November 17 20:00 CET / 1:00 PM EST: Toronto Maple Leafs vs Detroit Red Wings

Saturday, November 18 17:00 CET / 10:00 AM EST: Minnesota Wild vs Ottawa Senators

Sunday, November 19 14:00 CET / 7:00 AM EST: Toronto Maple Leafs vs Minnesota Wild

Leafs get 2 games where the opposition is on back to backs. Seems fair

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Thursday, November 16 20:00 CET / 1:00 PM EST : Detroit Red Wings vs Ottawa Senators

Friday, November 17 20:00 CET / 1:00 PM EST: Toronto Maple Leafs vs Detroit Red Wings

Saturday, November 18 17:00 CET / 10:00 AM EST: Minnesota Wild vs Ottawa Senators

Sunday, November 19 14:00 CET / 7:00 AM EST: Toronto Maple Leafs vs Minnesota Wild

Leafs get 2 games where the opposition is on back to backs. Seems fair
And the Wild b2b with leafs is an earlier start time lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad