Confirmed with Link: Sens playing a couple of games in Sweden next season

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
is it true the Sens are losing 2 home games and the Leafs are losing none?

With the way the home record is ... what a dumb person whoever approved this.

I still can’t figure out why some people assume any of the four teams, that will be playing two games each, will lose 2 “home games”…. Why would any team agree to losing 2 home games?

To the best of my knowledge, the 2023/24 schedule has not been announced….. If I am mistaken, please correct me…. I’ve yet to see where it is determined who is the “Home” team in any of these games, and whether that is just because there has to one team designated as such at a neutral site …. And if that is also connected to the actual home and away NHL Schedule, not yet published, as far as I know

the logical thing is that all four teams will lose one Home, and one Away game.

So in the the Senators case, they will probably skip a road game in Minnesota or Detroit… and or one of those teams will have one less visit to Ottawa, so some combination that give them only one less “Home game”.

Last edited:

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I still can’t figure out why some people assume any of the four teams, that will be playing two games each, will lose 2 “home games”…. Why would any team agree to losing 2 home games?

To the best of my knowledge, the 2023/24 schedule has not been announced….. If I am mistaken, please correct me…. I’ve yet to see where it is determined who is the “Home” team in any of these games, and whether that is just because there has to one team designated as such at a neutral site …. And if that is also connected to the actual home and away NHL Schedule, not yet published, as far as I know

the logical thing is that all four teams will lose one Home, and one Away game.

So in the the Senators case, they will probably skip a road game in Minnesota or Detroit… and or one of those teams will have one less visit to Ottawa, so some combination that give them only one less “Home game”.
We still won't play 2 games in Ottawa with the support of our fans.

Nova Stutzlia

Oct 23, 2021
TA, along with myself (and perhaps others) haven't seen any official word that Ottawa will be the "home team" in 2 of those games.
I've looked at the NHL site and googled it, but perhaps I've missed it.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
We still won't play 2 games in Ottawa with the support of our fans.

let me further explain…. If an Ottawa @ Minnesota road game is taken from the schedule, and a Detroit @ Ottawa home game is also taken from the schedule (by the two games in Sweden) how does that add up to more than one (lost) home game, in Ottawa (40 home games instead of 41) without Ottawa fans?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
TA, along with myself (and perhaps others) haven't seen any official word that Ottawa will be the "home team" in 2 of those games.
I've looked at the NHL site and googled it, but perhaps I've missed it.

Obviously one team, in all the Sweden games will be the “Home team” with the bench closest to their defensive zone in the 1st & 3rd periods.

This will not necessarily directly translate into a “home game” in Ottawa, being removed from the yet to be announced NHL schedule.

Each team will most likely lose one home game and one road game, with the two being played in Sweden.

I cannot understand why this is so difficult to understand. Does anyone actually think any of the four teams would agree to surrender two actual home games (in North America)?

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Obviously one team, in all the Sweden games will be the “Home team” with the bench closest to their defensive zone in the 1st & 3rd periods.

This will not necessarily directly translate into a “home game” in Ottawa, being removed from the yet to be announced NHL schedule.

Each team will most likely lose one home game and one road game, with the two being played in Sweden.

I cannot understand why this is so difficult to understand. Does anyone actually think any of the four teams would agree to surrender two actual home games (in North America)?
Both teams have their bench closest to their defensive zone in P1 and P3

I just assumed that what folks were saying we lose 2 home games) is true, but I guess maybe it’s not.

The only way Ottawa would agree is if it is financially better for them? But I don’t know, it will also piss off STH and we would lose the crowd advantage for an extra game (unless it was home against Toronto, that would have been sweet actually)

One thing is clear, TML get the best schedule by far, getting teams on B2B

Reactions: Nova Stutzlia

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
let me further explain…. If an Ottawa @ Minnesota road game is taken from the schedule, and a Detroit @ Ottawa home game is also taken from the schedule (by the two games in Sweden) how does that add up to more than one (lost) home game, in Ottawa (40 home games instead of 41) without Ottawa fans?
I think (?) I was talking about something different, namely that Ottawa doesn't play in their barn in front of their fans for 1 or 2 games (whatever). I'm not sure what anyone else was talking about when they said we were losing 2 games. I'll just wait until the official schedule is released (if it hasn't already).

My larger concern is that teams seem to struggle after games in Europe as I recall.

Last edited:

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Both teams have their bench closest to their defensive zone in P1 and P3

I just assumed that what folks were saying we lose 2 home games) is true, but I guess maybe it’s not.

The only way Ottawa would agree is if it is financially better for them? But I don’t know, it will also piss off STH and we would lose the crowd advantage for an extra game (unless it was home against Toronto, that would have been sweet actually)

One thing is clear, TML get the best schedule by far, getting teams on B2B
Yes that is true, about the bench settings….. so then the ”Home “ team will get the better dressing road, and the better defensive end where the Zamboni does not enter/exit.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Yes that is true, about the bench settings….. so then the ”Home “ team will get the better dressing road, and the better defensive end where the Zamboni does not enter/exit.
And last line change, that’s the big one

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

I would if it were to provide guaranteed sellout revenue for games with low attraction teams that would not be anyway near sellouts at home. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad