Sens players scoring paces

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
That's surprisingly decent for Turris, who at times it felt went weeks without scoring a point.

fringie

May 20, 2013
Kanata
That's surprisingly decent for Turris, who at times it felt went weeks without scoring a point.

I felt the same, I think he is just better suited to play No 2 C. He is not a big guy, and best at scoring on the rush, down low he gets out muscled quite a bit. Plus, this year, terrible shooting % for him, which is surprising since he has a great shot.

fringie

May 20, 2013
Kanata
Oh absolutely. We can't get much from just Hoffman alone, but it is a much more interesting piece to a potential suitor than say a Michalek. Hoffman has more value than you might think, IMO, and I'm trying not to use my homer glasses. He's on a 30 goal pace.

He's a great roster piece in a pick+prospect+roster player deal.

I am not sure people give Hoffman enough value. If Hoffman gets 30 this year, he is value will be VERY high. It is just that not many players can score 30 per season any more, and he does it on a pretty bad team. Also, his wicked shot and skating cannot taught, and those qualities suit today's NHL really well. I would trade him a part of a package only if it means we can get a true No. 1 C. Otherwise, we need his goals.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
He was always like that. I remember his droughts seemed to last forever back in the lockout season. As long as he makes back the points when he is going again its all good.

I love Turris, so I'd personally give him the benefit of the doubt due to age, inexperience as a top line C, rotating linemates etc., but it really hurts us when he goes 'dark' for extended periods of time and we're relying on Zibanejad and/or Legwand.

I felt the same, I think he is just better suited to play No 2 C. He is not a big guy, and best at scoring on the rush, down low he gets out muscled quite a bit. Plus, this year, terrible shooting % for him, which is surprising since he has a great shot.

Yeah, that shot is amazing. He needs to trust it, but hopefully that'll come with time. Also, hopefully in time he and Zibanejad (and eventually Lazar and Pageau) can support each other as a strange 2A, 2B, 2C down the middle and we can live without the true #1 C.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
It would be interesting to see how these paces look when prorated with TOI. Maybe Turris' surprising pace wouldn't look so good then? And conversely maybe Ceci would look better? I mean Karlsson plays half the game on the RD side.

Stone has sneakily compiled a very nice tally either way. I love this Hoffman - Stone tandem and I wonder if there's some rivalry/competition between them, which can only be a good thing.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Need a LD point threat. Zibby will need to be better but hes trending in the right direction. Maybe one more proven forward who can put up 60 point.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I don't see the point on Turris. Every player that is not PPG has stretches where he doesn't score regularly. Hence why very few players are PPG.

If you want the exact facts, just check players game logs... Turris has actually been kinda consistent this year :

http://espn.go.com/nhl/player/gamelog/_/id/3892/kyle-turris

So it's just an impression because of the disappointment that he is not providing Spezza's offense (although Spezza has 44 pts this year while Turris has 36, difference isn't that huge)

It would be interesting to see how these paces look when prorated with TOI. Maybe Turris' surprising pace wouldn't look so good then? And conversely maybe Ceci would look better? I mean Karlsson plays half the game on the RD side.

Stone has sneakily compiled a very nice tally either way. I love this Hoffman - Stone tandem and I wonder if there's some rivalry/competition between them, which can only be a good thing.

Interesting... Wish someone like Micklebot could do it lol

I was actually trying to find a way to do this without putting too much time and found this :

GF60 = Goals scored by team while player is on the ice per 60 minutes of ice time

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rat...50&teamid=21&type=goals&sort=F60&sortdir=DESC

1. Hoffman
2. Ryan
3. Stone
4. Zibanejad
5. Karlsson

People don't realize how good Hoffman and Stone are/can be. And Zibanejad is also progressing nicely, even though he had a bad start...

Need a LD point threat. Zibby will need to be better but hes trending in the right direction. Maybe one more proven forward who can put up 60 point.

This. The team still miss the old Gonchar (well maybe not now anymore, getting too old for NHL hockey even if he still can play)

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I was actually trying to find a way to do this without putting too much time and found this :

GF60 = Goals scored by team while player is on the ice per 60 minutes of ice time

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rat...50&teamid=21&type=goals&sort=F60&sortdir=DESC

1. Hoffman
2. Ryan
3. Stone
4. Zibanejad
5. Karlsson
Thanks to your link I found it! Ranked by Points/60:

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rat...aters&minutes=50&disp=1&sort=PCT&sortdir=DESC

1 RYAN, BOBBY Ottawa
2 HOFFMAN, MIKE Ottawa
3 STONE, MARK Ottawa
4 ZIBANEJAD, MIKA Ottawa
5 TURRIS, KYLE Ottawa
6 MACARTHUR, CLARKE Ottawa
7 LEGWAND, DAVID Ottawa
8 KARLSSON, ERIK Ottawa
9 CHIASSON, ALEX Ottawa
10 MICHALEK, MILAN Ottawa
11 CONDRA, ERIK Ottawa
12 NEIL, CHRIS Ottawa
13 PAGEAU, JEAN-GABRIEL Ottawa
14 CECI, CODY Ottawa
15 LAZAR, CURTIS Ottawa
16 METHOT, MARC Ottawa
17 BOROWIECKI, MARK Ottawa
18 WIERCIOCH, PATRICK Ottawa
19 COWEN, JARED Ottawa
20 GRYBA, ERIC Ottawa
21 SMITH, ZACK Ottawa
22 GREENING, COLIN Ottawa
23 PHILLIPS, CHRIS Ottawa

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Thanks to your link I found it! Ranked by Points/60:

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rat...aters&minutes=50&disp=1&sort=PCT&sortdir=DESC

1 RYAN, BOBBY Ottawa
2 HOFFMAN, MIKE Ottawa
3 STONE, MARK Ottawa
4 ZIBANEJAD, MIKA Ottawa
5 TURRIS, KYLE Ottawa
6 MACARTHUR, CLARKE Ottawa
7 LEGWAND, DAVID Ottawa
8 KARLSSON, ERIK Ottawa
9 CHIASSON, ALEX Ottawa
10 MICHALEK, MILAN Ottawa
11 CONDRA, ERIK Ottawa
12 NEIL, CHRIS Ottawa
13 PAGEAU, JEAN-GABRIEL Ottawa
14 CECI, CODY Ottawa
15 LAZAR, CURTIS Ottawa
16 METHOT, MARC Ottawa
17 BOROWIECKI, MARK Ottawa
18 WIERCIOCH, PATRICK Ottawa
19 COWEN, JARED Ottawa
20 GRYBA, ERIC Ottawa
21 SMITH, ZACK Ottawa
22 GREENING, COLIN Ottawa
23 PHILLIPS, CHRIS Ottawa

Good job!

Hoffman is kinda underrated which is surprising with the way he skates and shoots the puck, and his stick skills. I found he was underrated in the trade talks for Evander Kane. I think I'd rather have Hoffman personally.

And looks like Legwand is also underrated here. Guy has played mostly in a defensive role and he's producing decent offense, same as MacArthur, Chiasson and Karlsson.

Also, very promising about Stone and Zibanejad. If they continue to progress and if we can upgrade a player like Michalek or even MacArthur to one of the level of Bobby Ryan, it'll look very good.

And many wildcards in Puempel, Prince, Paul, Lidberg, Perron, etc.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Good job!

Hoffman is kinda underrated which is surprising with the way he skates and shoots the puck, and his stick skills. I found he was underrated in the trade talks for Evander Kane. I think I'd rather have Hoffman personally.

And looks like Legwand is also underrated here. Guy has played mostly in a defensive role and he's producing decent offense, same as MacArthur, Chiasson and Karlsson.

Also, very promising about Stone and Zibanejad. If they continue to progress and if we can upgrade a player like Michalek or even MacArthur to one of the level of Bobby Ryan, it'll look very good.

And many wildcards in Puempel, Prince, Paul, Lidberg, Perron, etc.
Legwand plays the PP though, and most of his goals have come on the PP.

I like how this ranking shows how Ryan is clearly our offensive game-breaker, and how much Hoffman and Stone have contributed. I'm more impressed by Stone given that he doesn't get the benefit of playing on a line with Ryan.

I'm a bit disappointed by where Karlsson ranks, given how much time he spends on the PP. I think more than anything it's indicative of the fact that our PP sucks and, as Wesa and you pointed out, we really need a good LD for our PP. I'd still like to see Cowen given a shot there from time to time.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Legwand plays the PP though, and most of his goals have come on the PP.

I like how this ranking shows how Ryan is clearly our offensive game-breaker, and how much Hoffman and Stone have contributed. I'm more impressed by Stone given that he doesn't get the benefit of playing on a line with Ryan.

I'm a bit disappointed by where Karlsson ranks, given how much time he spends on the PP. I think more than anything it's indicative of the fact that our PP sucks and, as Wesa and you pointed out, we really need a good LD for our PP. I'd still like to see Cowen given a shot there from time to time.

That web page does confirm the eye test as Ryan and Hoffman the best offensive players this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad