Sens Players give take on CORSI

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Just wondering, how vigorous are the programs hockey players take? Is it anything like football where it's basically just a big joke?
It probably depends on the university. At the very least, we know for sure that both Greening and Condra got legit degrees though, so it can't have been that big a joke.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
It probably depends on the university. At the very least, we know for sure that both Greening and Condra got legit degrees though, so it can't have been that big a joke.

I play with 4-5 guys that played in the H-East, they either have business or economic degrees. They obviously did'n't go pro, aside from ECHL and CHL gigs

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
POSTING THIS NOW, BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE DECIDES TO MAKE AN INCRIMINATING POST WITHOUT ANY EVIDENCE.

From the HFBoards "Rules" FAQ:
13) Libel: Any posts libeling players, prospects, or hockey personnel. It's not acceptable to post that you heard Player X has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. Do not post information that can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible.

Alfieghetti

inflamed
Jul 29, 2009
Depends on your definition of defamatory no? I think it's helpful to point out failings in the system.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i dont think hockey players are dumb, but assuming they didnt go to college is not defamation either.

but yeah, lots of this advance stats mean crap when players are doing their job on the ice.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Lehner was not particularly fun in this segment.

I though it interesting to hear a goalie's take on those terms...

People describing things like "top cheese" as nice shots, etc... but Lehner says stuff like "Turnover", or "high glove", etc...

Everyone else is sort of celebrating the "offensive flair" terms, and the goalie is treating them with contempt, haha...

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I though it interesting to hear a goalie's take on those terms...

People describing things like "top cheese" as nice shots, etc... but Lehner says stuff like "Turnover", or "high glove", etc...

Everyone else is sort of celebrating the "offensive flair" terms, and the goalie is treating them with contempt, haha...

He did have some interesting points. Considering Corsi was originally developed to help understand how goalies are playing I would have expected him to appreciate it more.

I was talking more about how completely humourless he was. It seemed like a huge bother to him, which made it less fun for me to watch.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Lehner acts that way around Sens tv because of how bad they made him look for the other questions segments lol.

"Spell, Zibanejad."
"eh....pass."

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
He did have some interesting points. Considering Corsi was originally developed to help understand how goalies are playing I would have expected him to appreciate it more.

I was talking more about how completely humourless he was. It seemed like a huge bother to him, which made it less fun for me to watch.

Yeah, well, I get the feeling that he's more of a "quiet & introspective" kind of guy... at least from the interviews I've seen with him.

Dude seems to like to keep to himself. Not much of a "small talker", haha.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Yeah, well, I get the feeling that he's more of a "quiet & introspective" kind of guy... at least from the interviews I've seen with him.

Dude seems to like to keep to himself. Not much of a "small talker", haha.

I'm cool with that. It is sort of like Ed Belfour when he was a puck stopping machine with Dallas. The quieter and more self contained he got the better he was.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Lehner seems like a dink.

Everyone else seems to have fun with it. Condra seemed like he was ready to get into a discussion about Corsi and his mouth couldn't keep up with his brain.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com

I don't have a problem with it. If the whole point is to show you the players' personalities, then let guys be sarcastic and disinterested if they actually are sarcastic and disinterested.

Anyway, Matt Kassian is a stereotypical enforcer - great guy off the ice, literally fighting to stay in the league on the ice.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Lehner seems like a dink.

Everyone else seems to have fun with it. Condra seemed like he was ready to get into a discussion about Corsi and his mouth couldn't keep up with his brain.

Lehner was kidding around, he just isn't a standup comedian like Kassian.

He really enjoyed his answer for the Sens TV question!!

To call him a dink I guess his Corsi answer (useless) hit a sore point with you. :laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
7/10 would watch again.

Kassian's amazing. And heck Lehner was good too, that's just his personality. It's just the way he is. I dig.

"Bothersome" lol

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
To call him a dink I guess his Corsi answer (useless) hit a sore point with you. :laugh::laugh:

Why would I single out Lehner when every other player essentially didn't know what it was or didn't like it?

Also why would that be a sore point with me?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad