Sens player in the last decade you remember but may be forgotten by others

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Anyone else remember Alexandre Nikulins blog about trying to make it in the NHL? Was a huge hit.

Also Alexei Kaigorodov.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Was thinking Steve Martins, but turns out he was out a couple years too soon to be in the last decade.

So, Wincester was supposed to be a big college UFA signing after we missed out on Bozak if I recall.

Klinkhammer was an awesome name.

Mike Brodeur helped start a fun run

Matt Kassian was our Kaptain for a bit...

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Not necesarrily in Ottawa but does anyone remember when Todd Bertuzzi signed a contract or PTO with BSens?

Also Ilya Zubov

Reactions: Tuna99

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Anyone else remember Alexandre Nikulins blog about trying to make it in the NHL? Was a huge hit.

Also Alexei Kaigorodov.

Could’ve played instead of Spezza.
April 16, 2008.

Saturday I was called into the offices of Binghamton and they announced I was going to Ottawa. At this time our team had lost any chance of making the AHL playoffs, and the regular season would come to a close a day later. And our parent club was having serious personnel problems.

This time they didn’t send such a luxurious car like before to pick me up, but still a nice one. I quickly gathered my things and left. Almost immediately took the ice for a practice with Ottawa. Well, not right away, since there was also a talk with the head coach Bryan Murray. He told me I’d likely play in the next game against Pittsburgh on Monday.

Everything was normal until Monday morning. But then Jason Spezza came out for a skate and felt he could be of help to the team. His knee didn’t bother him much. As a result, I was the odd man out.

You know the outcome of that game. There aren’t enough words to describe the level of hockey that was being displayed by both teams. Forget the AHL! Forget the Russian Superleague! I greatly want to play in this tournament. I’m hoping next season I can.

My feeling is that Ottawa could’ve played better. But was unlucky in some instances. I wouldn’t say playoff hockey is different as compared to the regular season. Perhaps a bit rougher. But, of course, I can’t talk about that in depth. If I were on the ice I’d have wholly different feelings. And I can’t ignore the fact that the opposition’s Evgeni Malkin and Sergei Gonchar are excellent.

Is there a chance I’ll play? There is. Firstly, Daniel Alfredsson didn’t practice today. Secondly, the knee’s bothering Spezza after all. Finally, I really want to take to the ice. Today I skated on a line with Nick Foligno and Randy Robitaille, whom you’ll remember from his playing time with Lokomotiv Yaroslavl.

After the game the mood in the locker room wasn’t the best. Everyone was distressed. But today is a different story. The guys are smiling, joking. Because nothing is lost. This is, after all, the playoffs. Four other guys from the AHL joined the team. More fun already, since I’m here alone. Natalya stayed in the US, the management is helping out with a Canadian visa. By the way, I’d like to say hi to her. I can’t imagine what one would do alone in Binghamton. I really miss you, Natasha, and hope we’ll see each other soon.

I heard that the head coach of the Russian national team, Vyacheslav Bykov, can’t seem to reach Anton Volchenkov. Obviously, I’ll pass that along to him, but I believe that the playoffs is not the best time to hold talks. Anton definitely won’t talk about this right now.

Here nobody knows what they’ll do at the end of the playoffs. Even though I haven’t even taken the ice yet, all thoughts are on the upcoming game. I’m not even pondering the future.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I don’t want to use the internet to look at years and I’ve been a Sens fan too long so it’s all a blur if it’s greater than ten years or not but some people who come to mind I always thought were underrated we’re Patrick Traverse, And Brian Pothier. Martin Prusek as well since I actually own a Prusek Jersey

And....who could forget Tovie? :sarcasm:

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
And who the hell is Casey Bailey, and how did he get 7 games in 2016-17 without me noticing or remembering?

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
Looking at old rosters, Kuba and Gonchar were the best players in the last 10 years that didn't immediately come to mind. The blue line was pretty decent back then with those two and a young Karlsson. Gonchar was pretty great in the playoffs against the Rangers that year they lost in 7 games.

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Vaclav Varada, Andreas Johansson, Cory Stillman, Steve Duschense, Jody Hull, Andreas Dackell, Rob Ray Andre Roy, Radek Bonk, Shaun Van Allen, Randy Cunneyworth,Petr Schastlivy, Mike Peluso, Shawn McEachern, Sami Salo,Sylvain Turgeon, Magnus Arvedson,Petr Bondra,Stan Neckar, Tom Barasso, Pavol Demitra, Jani Hurme, Igor Kravchuck, Jani Luakaken,

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Could’ve played instead of Spezza.
April 16, 2008.

Saturday I was called into the offices of Binghamton and they announced I was going to Ottawa. At this time our team had lost any chance of making the AHL playoffs, and the regular season would come to a close a day later. And our parent club was having serious personnel problems.

This time they didn’t send such a luxurious car like before to pick me up, but still a nice one. I quickly gathered my things and left. Almost immediately took the ice for a practice with Ottawa. Well, not right away, since there was also a talk with the head coach Bryan Murray. He told me I’d likely play in the next game against Pittsburgh on Monday.

Everything was normal until Monday morning. But then Jason Spezza came out for a skate and felt he could be of help to the team. His knee didn’t bother him much. As a result, I was the odd man out.

You know the outcome of that game. There aren’t enough words to describe the level of hockey that was being displayed by both teams. Forget the AHL! Forget the Russian Superleague! I greatly want to play in this tournament. I’m hoping next season I can.

My feeling is that Ottawa could’ve played better. But was unlucky in some instances. I wouldn’t say playoff hockey is different as compared to the regular season. Perhaps a bit rougher. But, of course, I can’t talk about that in depth. If I were on the ice I’d have wholly different feelings. And I can’t ignore the fact that the opposition’s Evgeni Malkin and Sergei Gonchar are excellent.

Is there a chance I’ll play? There is. Firstly, Daniel Alfredsson didn’t practice today. Secondly, the knee’s bothering Spezza after all. Finally, I really want to take to the ice. Today I skated on a line with Nick Foligno and Randy Robitaille, whom you’ll remember from his playing time with Lokomotiv Yaroslavl.

After the game the mood in the locker room wasn’t the best. Everyone was distressed. But today is a different story. The guys are smiling, joking. Because nothing is lost. This is, after all, the playoffs. Four other guys from the AHL joined the team. More fun already, since I’m here alone. Natalya stayed in the US, the management is helping out with a Canadian visa. By the way, I’d like to say hi to her. I can’t imagine what one would do alone in Binghamton. I really miss you, Natasha, and hope we’ll see each other soon.

I heard that the head coach of the Russian national team, Vyacheslav Bykov, can’t seem to reach Anton Volchenkov. Obviously, I’ll pass that along to him, but I believe that the playoffs is not the best time to hold talks. Anton definitely won’t talk about this right now.

Here nobody knows what they’ll do at the end of the playoffs. Even though I haven’t even taken the ice yet, all thoughts are on the upcoming game. I’m not even pondering the future.

One of my favourite Senators ever lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad