Post-Game Talk: Sens/Pens Bonks not here edition

jaygodard

Dec 3, 2013
Methot's hit to Crosby setup the victory, Pens realized quickly we were gonna beat them down, and that's what we did! Also Sens can score, if your defense doesn't show up the Sens can put pucks in the net!

SelleckStache

Mar 12, 2007
Ottawa
829415557.gif

Old-time hockey right ther

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Great win last night, dominant effort vs. such a good team. Let' see if we can keep this dominant play up and put on a better effort as the calendar turns to 2014.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Methot is such a beaut. Taking crosby's mud and slinging it back at him a little bit too. I love to see that from him.

Meth for President.

..Or captain I guess. :sarcasm:

Senafan

May 17, 2013
Glad I stayed up to watch this, was worth getting almost no sleep for today!

Huge games by important players...amazing night for Karlsson and good to see Conacher finally get the monkey off his back. Hopefully destroying the Pens gave Andy his power back, Highlander-style.

No better xmas gift than a big win and a sound humiliation for the arrogant, snivelling Pens fanbase. Lets see a solid second half of the season!

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Crosby is the best player, he's amazing to watch but man........ Whenever he plays the Senators I ****ing hate that *****, what a ****ing whiner ! you got hit by a perfect hip check suck it man. He was crying in the post game saying Methot almost blew his knee. "I didn't see the replay, but yeah he almost blew my knee so must've been low".

Such a *** for real, if you don't wanna get touched go play another sport. It's funny cause once a player touches him he looses his cool, I don't like TO but what he did to Kadri with the forearm in the back of the head was okay? but when he gets touched it is not. ****ing stop crying, teams should just put a player on him to wack him all game long and slash him every chance they get.

Cry baby

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
That wasn't beastmode. Making 27 saves is not beastmode...that's expected performance mode for any nhl goalie today.
a 27 save shut out is not expected of anyone:shakehead

stopping 27 of 27 is in fact beast mode

Agreed.

Love this.

d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-double kill!

So jealous you got to say this before me i thought it soon as i saw it lol....wish that winey litle ***** Crosbys knee would have gotten blown up on the play....

Last edited by a moderator:

John Holmes*

I am still shocked that Dupuis didn't get his face carved up on that one.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I watched the game this morning and personally, I think the Sens didn't play that great, I found they played better in some earlier losses this season. Difference is Andy made key saves (gave his team time to build momentum) and outperformed Fleury and our forwards were more opportunistic than theirs. Sounds obvious but this time we won both the goaltending and converting easily, for a change

http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/gamecast?gameId=400484800

However, watching the game and looking at the game-cast to confirm, Sens didn't give up a lot of scoring chances from in-close. The difference in their game was much better puck-support, which limits the breakdowns and is something you see with most NHL teams as they develop chemistry during the season. It has been a weakness for the Sens this year but in some games, it clicks and they look like they should be, a playoff team

Marc Methot is definitely back to be a beast. His game has raised another level lately. He is so good.

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
I watched the game this morning and personally, I think the Sens didn't play that great, I found they played better in some earlier losses this season. Difference is Andy made key saves (gave his team time to build momentum) and outperformed Fleury and our forwards were more opportunistic than theirs. Sounds obvious but this time we won both the goaltending and converting easily, for a change

However, watching the game and looking at the game-cast to confirm, Sens didn't give up a lot of scoring chances from in-close. The difference in their game was much better puck-support, which limits the breakdowns and is something you see with most NHL teams as they develop chemistry during the season. It has been a weakness for the Sens this year but in some games, it clicks and they look like they should be, a playoff team

I've been saying this for a while now, but the only thing that this team needs is consistent goaltending to get on a roll. A couple of big saves early (instead of goals against) goes a long way. Anderson played really well and the team built off that. I hope this is just the start for Andy.

When your goalie isn't playing well, players try to be more ''conservative'' or careful and ironically that is when you make mistakes the most.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008

We were not great and the Pens were worse. Seems like most of the good teams are not even motivated to play strong against us lately and it ends up being an easier 2 points for us than we expect.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
We were not great and the Pens were worse. Seems like most of the good teams are not even motivated to play strong against us lately and it ends up being an easier 2 points for us than we expect.
Who cares how well or badly the team played. All that matters is adding up the 2 and 1 points the team gets and hoping the total is higher than other teams at the end of the regular season. :p:

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
Just saying the Pens lost their first game in 7 and looked rather disinterested or outmatched most of the game.

Niskanen was their #1 d last night, and Dupuis leaving the game made them lose one of the best 5 on 5 players in the NHL. No Letang, Orpik or Scuderi either.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
No teams, or fans of other teams for that matter, made excuses for us last season when we had half of our roster down with long term injuries. Why on earth do people here insist on making excuses for the Pens, who were on a very long winning streak with the same lineup that played against us?

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
it's more we shouldn't get too high because we defeated a team that wasn't at full power

I think we played a good game, lots of cycles, but we got lucky that the Pens didn't convert on their chances because if the game becomes 2-1, it's a different game. But happy to be lucky for once.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad