Post-Game Talk: Sens/Pens Bonks not here edition

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Always been really high on Smith. He's great and hopefully here for a long time.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I see that "Andy going #Beastmode..." is leading. He played a solid game and did not let any in when we needed him most, but I don't think I would totally attribute the win to him. We played a good game, and when we did have a breakdown, Andy was there. The difference was, the Pens weren't playing with that offensive tenacity we are used to seeing them play with.

I'm used to seeing them just eat us alive 5 on 5. I'm going under the assumption that we won due to a combination of both us playing a sound defensive game and the Pens being out of any real defensive depth, with emphasis on the latter. Though I'm crossing my fingers that the boys are starting to figure things out and it is more the former.

The Bs game will be fun to watch.

Last edited:

exv91

Oct 13, 2011
I would credit tonight's win to mostly playing well in our own end. We got the puck out a lot quicker, and limited any rebounds, and second chances on Anderson. Although Anderson also had a good game, I think it was a much much better team defensive effort.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I would credit tonight's win to mostly playing well in our own end. We got the puck out a lot quicker, and limited any rebounds, and second chances on Anderson. Although Anderson also had a good game, I think it was a much much better team defensive effort.

Anderson said it perfectly himself in his interview. The team allowed Anderson to see the puck. Anderson also said that they were good at clearing out the rebounds so that all Anderson had to do was make the first save.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Andy made a few huge saves early on. With the fragile confidence of the team right now, if one or two of those had gone in it would have been an entirely different game. I see Andy in Beastmode as being the main reason we won.

exv91

Oct 13, 2011
Andy made a few huge saves early on. With the fragile confidence of the team right now, if one or two of those had gone in it would have been an entirely different game. I see Andy in Beastmode as being the main reason we won.

That wasn't beastmode. Making 27 saves is not beastmode...that's expected performance mode for any nhl goalie today.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
That wasn't beastmode. Making 27 saves is not beastmode...that's expected performance mode for any nhl goalie today.

Sorry, I did not realize shutting out the Pens, who were on a 7 game winning streak, and stopping several breakaways and a few great in close chances, was not #beastmode. Next time I want to use that hashtag I'll run it past you first.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Never thought we would beat the Pens that easily, now could we please get on a roll here and get some consecutive wins!!! Let's try to recapture last season mojo we had, I know this team is better than what they have shown us this season.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
We still beat a team that had won their last seven games, so let's give the Sens some credit here, they played their best game of the season last night.

exv91

Oct 13, 2011
Sorry, I did not realize shutting out the Pens, who were on a 7 game winning streak, and stopping several breakaways and a few great in close chances, was not #beastmode. Next time I want to use that hashtag I'll run it past you first.

:laugh: I said it earlier, he had a good game, a few good saves on breakaways, glove saves etc. But this is false...
I see Andy in Beastmode as being the main reason we won.
We won because everyone helped andy.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Tonight was a replay of what happened last season. Spezza does nothing, Ottawa wins. Please make Mark the Captain. At least he takes the season seriously. Trade please.

I watched the game on delay, so I just finished, and am nodding off.....but I could have sworn that Spezza made a defensive poke check that may have saved Anderson's shut out.

Ottawa is funny. They either beat, or take top level teams into overtime and lose. They look completely deflated against teams they should beat.

I was very happy for Anderson. The shut out was a nice feel good moment.

By the time the third goal happened, it looked like Pittsburgh had already conceded and were just trying to get out of the game without injuries......but I think Ottawa running up the score gave them a bit of motivation to try and snap the shutout.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I watched the game on delay, so I just finished, and am nodding off.....but I could have sworn that Spezza made a defensive poke check that may have saved Anderson's shut out.

Impossible. Spezza is deadweight and probably the worst centre in the league. He had literally no hand in the win tonight. He's a terrible leader and the team follows him all the time when they are sucking, except when they don't and they're not sucking.

I was very happy for Anderson. The shut out was a nice feel good moment.

Yeah people have been very hard on Andy this year despite all he's done since coming to Ottawa. It just says a lot about the fanbase.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
:laugh: I said it earlier, he had a good game, a few good saves on breakaways, glove saves etc. But this is false... We won because everyone helped andy.

Yeah, wtf are those idiots doing out there helping their netminder? The horror! :sarcasm:

To be completely honest, I think the biggest factor in the game is the Penguins simply didn't show up to play. For whatever reason, they had a terrible game...almost shades of that Chicago-Toronto game a week ago.

But, sometimes a team gets lucky and gets to play an opponent that does a no-show. It's still a win, and a shutout. It's still something good to build on and gain a bit of confidence....as long as people don't go overboard.

exv91

Oct 13, 2011
Impossible. Spezza is deadweight and probably the worst centre in the league. He had literally no hand in the win tonight. He's a terrible leader and the team follows him all the time when they are sucking, except when they don't and they're not sucking.

Yeah people have been very hard on Andy this year despite all he's done since coming to Ottawa. It just says a lot about the fanbase.

You mean they've been hard on Anderson like some have been hard on Spezza?
:sarcasm:

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
dupuishurt.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad