Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Panthers Dec. 3 (7:30 p.m. Eastern)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
I say we lost the Detroit game at Ottawa because too much respect was given to Alfredsson.

He can get his ceremony when he RETIRES. Instead of undying respect (for an opponent), Alfredsson should have heard a reign of BOOOOOOOS. He was loved and respected by everyone in Ottawa when he was with us but he's not anymore, and it was his own personal choice.

MacLean should have had Neil running Alfredsson all game long, if for no other reason then to get the fans into the game (and not into the 'Welcome Back Alfie' ceremony).

But the Sens, once again, went the 'respectful' route, and not the 'successful' route...

I have no problem with the pregame ceremony, but I think we played way too respectful of Detroit. We basically bullied the geriatric divers in the previous game into taking stupid penalties but there wasn't enough physicality in the Alfie game. Having Methot out didn't help, but it would have been good to see the guys be harder on the puck and harder on Detroit than they were.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I assume Anderson got to see his family this week. Maybe that is what he needed to give him a push in the right direction.

I am going to send him a positive tweet to let him know we have not all given up on him. We do not want him to quit on us like he did in Colorado.

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
Well since we aren't making the playoffs it'd be nice to at least see some blow-out games, but I honestly think MacLean tells us to lay off if we ever get to a 4 goal lead so that will never happen :(

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
If there was ever a time to start a winning streak, it will be now. The leafs seem to be struggling badly. The red wings just loss zetterberg because of a back problem. So now they do not have either datsyuk or zetterberg in their lineup.

Go Sens Go!!!

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
I assume Anderson got to see his family this week. Maybe that is what he needed to give him a push in the right direction.

I am going to send him a positive tweet to let him know we have not all given up on him. We do not want him to quit on us like he did in Colorado.

I respect the optimism but is that what you want in a number one goalie? A guy who just up and decides to quit on an organization? What a joke. I hope he decides to whip up some chicken a la king for the family before the game

Major Might

Oct 18, 2013
I respect the optimism but is that what you want in a number one goalie? A guy who just up and decides to quit on an organization? What a joke. I hope he decides to whip up some chicken a la king for the family before the game

Classy individual.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago

I'm pretty sure his family is with him in Ottawa now.

sens613

Apr 12, 2012
I'm pretty excited to see what Hoffman does and how the new lines perform. This is a lot closer to the lines I and many others was hoping for in the offseason, will be interesting to see if they work out .

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Hockey players, even professional ones are people just like you and I.
Confidence goes a long ways. Have you noticed he hasn't been on twitter at all this year? Last year he tweeted after every win. I want that Anderson back. Sometimes all it takes is someone telling you that they still believe in you.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa

I'm guessing you don't like Turris very much?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Hopefully Hoffman can help provide a spark to Turris, too. 3 points in his last 10 games and a -3. Big difference from the hot start.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Turris was poorly developed and not given the opportunity to succeed. Completely different.

Not really, both were treated in a way they didn't like and did something about it.

Not really that different at all..

And I'd honestly say he wasn't developed that bad anyhow.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
After this game, the sens should go to disney land. Maybe some quality time together that has nothing to do with hockey will do them some good.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Turris was poorly developed and not given the opportunity to succeed. Completely different.

Wasn't there accusations of Anderson being mistreated too? I think there are many examples of players being 'developed poorly' from our point of view and still sticking it out with their teams.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Anderson needs to get his **** together, as does our entire team. I still would have made Marc Methot the captain over Spezza.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad