Sens on the verge of a dubious record?

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Fry days without incident .gif

But serious answer it's probably been done before, not in the 16 team conference era though. DJ smith was a bad coahc but that team is too talented, they didn't even get a new coach bounce under Martin. Something is broken there and they need to clean shop (definitely not just saying this because Brady in Florida would be sick)

Reactions: olli

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Their record reflects how strong of a team they are. I don't think you can ice this same 'core' next year and expect different results.

DJ was being blamed by the fans but the team looks worse without him? Strange.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I remember a year when the teams played inside of the division 8 times so not as much out west a good (but not great) Rangers team won like 1 game against the west all season.

Solmors

<3 Data
May 3, 2010
San Jose
After the recent trades sharks only have 3-4 NHL quality players on the roster. How the hell did Ottawa lose?!

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
The 1993-94 Sens were swept on the road against the western conference. In fact, they only had one road win all season, setting an unbreakable record of 41 road losses.
I knew they had a historically bad season but holy shit

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
At least they got a point against LA the other day, they couldve lost every game in regulation

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Did Dubas ever

Trade Zibanejad for Brassard
Trade Stone for Brannstrom+2nd
Draft Tyler Boucher 10th overall
Cause a team to lose a future 1st due to not filing paperwork properly?
I believe it was Zib+2nd for Brassard. At least he knocked it out of the park with the Karlsson trade.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
I believe it was Zib+2nd for Brassard. At least he knocked it out of the park with the Karlsson trade.
Yeah by complete accident due to the Sharks unexpectedly collapsing lmao.

At the time of the trade everyone and their mom saw it as a terrible return for a franchise defenseman.

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
Not sure if/when this has happened before but after losing to San Jose, Ottawa has now lost all 14 games they have played on the road vs West teams. Their last 2 games are at winnipeg and at minnesota. Has a team ever gotten swept by a conference?

I don't know the answer to your question, but the Senators have not been swept by a conference. They have beaten a Western conference team, just not on the road.

Reactions: Golden_Jet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad