Pre-Game Talk: SENS @ Oilers, tonight, 9PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Can Haley even make a big hit? Does he even have one this year?
hahaha .... it took a minute to find it, but he has 10 hits, 5 min in PIM, 1 faceoff loss haha & 6:02 mins of ice time & a whole lot of zeros.

Asquaredx2

Mar 10, 2008
No Kidding, here is an idea, put them through the boards when you get the chance instead of flying by, why can't you hit the stars any more? Maybe that's what this team needs is a good bruhaha.

Official hits in Wednesday's game were 49 by Ottawa compared to 23 by Edmonton.

I've never seen physicality as the weakness of this team. We lost because we can't win face-offs (43%), can't break the puck cleanly out of our zone, and could hardly generate anything other than chipping and changing once we got past the centre line.

Also, getting big hits on stars like McDavid, Draisaitl or Matthews is way harder than it sounds. These guys are as good as they are because they think and react faster than other players and see where the play is going. The only reliable way to really hit them IMO is to force them to choose to put themselves in a vulnerable situation to try to clear a puck out of their zone. That usually requires making skilled plays and establishing lengthy possession first.

Again, feel free to disagree but when I watch players like Gudbranson I never have questioned their heart, effort or willingness to battle. But they are so eclipsed in terms of skill and hockey IQ by guys like Draisaitl that even throwing themselves in front of the puck isn't enough to prevent goals against.

El Diego

Jan 2, 2009
this is the official coaches way of saying Matt Murray lost the starters job.

that didn’t take long

Obviously it's too early to say that Daccord should be starting regularly over Murray, but Murray's lack of puck handling really grinds my gears. It is especially pronounced when we play Mike Smith or either Habs goalie

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Obviously it's too early to say that Daccord should be starting regularly over Murray, but Murray's lack of puck handling really grinds my gears. It is especially pronounced when we play Mike Smith or either Habs goalie
I don't think its too early. We gotta decide which goalie to protect. Should get a fair look at Daccord and Gus. We got 4 years to get Murray back on track, less track for the others.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
hahaha .... it took a minute to find it, but he has 10 hits, 5 min in PIM, 1 faceoff loss haha & 6:02 mins of ice time & a whole lot of zeros.

Of those 10 hits, I wonder if he even knocked someone down. I don't think he has.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Is it a crazy idea to use Austin Watson on the 2nd PP? Big body in front of the net. He has 8 pts with 11 minutes of ice-time per game and not much PP time.

Reactions: Alex1234

El Diego

Jan 2, 2009
I don't think its too early. We gotta decide which goalie to protect. Should get a fair look at Daccord and Gus. We got 4 years to get Murray back on track, less track for the others.

I'm fine with giving Daccord every chance to be the starter as I have zero faith in Murray. It's not just the numbers, it's the eye test as well. I just can't say Daccord is a legit starter right now, though I like what I've seen.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
He tried once this year and bounced off of Logan Stanley like a pinata.

LOL I don't know why I find this so funny but I have never considered using pinata in reference to bouncing off something.

"A piñata is a container often made of papier-mâché, pottery, or cloth; it is decorated, and filled with candy and then broken as part of a celebration."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad