Pre-Game Talk: SENS @ NYIsles, Thursday night, 7:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Need to get back on the horse, can't let the season spiral early like the past few years.

I still find it mind boggling that the team is starting the first 1/4 of the season with a 16-5 homestand. The team really needs to make the most of that and build as many points as they possibly can.

Reactions: NyQuil

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
How many games are Sens prepared to blow in order to switch up deadweight coaching?

Too Legit to Quit?! Fire DJ

Reactions: Alex1234

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Tkachuk is the master of picking fights when the game is over
You think he picked a fight?!?! He got cheap shotted and the sens scored 3 more goals.

Is Zub playing? I'd go right back to Forsberg tonight. Islanders aren't going to get alot of chances I'd rather Lower the risk of a stinker going in. Forsberg is the more consistent goalie of the two.

He hasn't practiced for a week, and JBD is still up, so not looking great...
Ffs. I'd rather go with 5 d then have JBD in he's brutal.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Oh yeah. I forgot about how we were unable to win anything without Zub in the line-up last year,

We can't adapt for shit.

Last edited:

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
The Senators need a big game from whoever starts in nets tonight.

Goaltending has let the team down the past two games. Time to right the ship.

Reactions: KingAlfie11

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I'm sad at how crappy jbd has looked, i thought he would be jockeying for the 7th guy, but dude...wake up.

This is when a more experienced Kleven would be so handy.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Can the 2nd line wake up ffs?
They have 7 points COMBINED but are -11 combined
If at least they were producing to offset their D putridness

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
one or two more bad weeks and we are back to games being must win before the 15 game mark lol

Norris4Norris

Jul 13, 2022
Trap game? Maybe similar to the match against Buffalo in that sense.
Trap games only work if one team is better than the other.

We never proved to be better than Buffalo. We have a similar record to the Islanders.

If we lose tonight it won't be because we underestimated our opponent. It will be because our opponent is simply a better team than we are.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Trap games only work if one team is better than the other.

We never proved to be better than Buffalo. We have a similar record to the Islanders.

If we lose tonight it won't be because we underestimated our opponent. It will be because our opponent is simply a better team than we are.
Trap game applies whenever you think you have the advantage, with Buffalo on the tail end of a back to back and with 3 games in 4 nights, it absolutely qualifies as a trap game where we want in overly confident.

Reactions: Norris4Norris

Norris4Norris

Jul 13, 2022
Trap game applies whenever you think you have the advantage, with Buffalo on the tail end of a back to back and with 3 games in 4 nights, it absolutely qualifies as a trap game where we want in overly confident.
I see what you're saying. But this is the very beginning of the season. Guys are in shape, they haven't been battered by the inevitable injuries and fatigue that come with a long season.

I guess then this Islanders game would be the opposite of a trap game simply because we were just fooled and the coaches should have the players prepared to play the full 60 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad