Post-Game Talk: Sens [no spoilers in titles plz] SJ

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
This wasn't a bad game at all. We lost one of our only two good Cs for most of the game and still took it to the Sharks so I'm not going to overly analyze it. Hopefully Pinto comes back next game though as we obviously won't be able to compete with Tierney and Norris as our two top Cs.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Don't worry Mete and Branny will get their ice time but I don't see them as long term fits , more like small Band-Aids.

That I agree with. I was never enthused with Brann. I found him overrated. Mete is nice, but like you said not the long-term solution. Saying all that, one of them should be playing because we're getting zero offense from the D.

Reactions: Cosmix

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
4e094451992db35a1444b7aef19177b1.jpg

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is sending Erik Brannstrom down to f***ing Belleville....over and over....and expecting shit to change."

Reactions: ISensFanI

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
ayyy we won the faceoff battle!

I think they may have out shot them as well. I think they had a good game & were in it until the end & several players played well. It was only when Pinto went back out with a bad wing that got them in trouble. Chabot made a few mistakes probably due to playing too much & trying to do too much. Other than that I thought Ottawa hung in there & controlled good portions of that game & most of the 3rd period. I thought the rest of the defence was fine. Tkachuk made some great defensive plays tonight & made a great offensive play getting the puck to Batherson for their only goal.

There are some weak links on this team without question, Shaw is an AHL player & not an NHL player & he showed that tonight. Ennis & Sanford also need to eventually be replaced & J. Brown although I thought he did fine tonight. Injuries are also starting to catch up with them especially with Pinto if he is hurt long term, let's hope not, he' been very good this yr.

Reactions: Cosmix

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
So how long until we put Stutzle and Forms in between Pinto on the second line? Is DJ gonna wait 3 more pointless games from Paul and Brown until he finally does what makes sense?

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Was at the game. My thoughts:

1) Stutzle was our best player. Paul and C. Brown were playing good. Brady was meh and so were much of the others. Tierney actually played ok.
2) Once we lost Pinto seemed to lose energy.
3) Zub is still awesome. 9/10 times he makes the right play.
4) I'm not a fan of Zaitsev. He looked bad back there. Very lost at times.
5) Another sparse crowd. ESPN has attendance at: 8992 :thumbd:. Even for Covid that's damn bad. Like relocation talk bad :help:

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Karlsson who? I’ll always be a fan, but for stretches I completely forgot he was playing.

Chabot though, O captain my captain.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Lots of injuries shows the poor depth this team has.

roster needs some help cant expect the kids to do it all on their own. Norris started slow last year but he’s also been meh this year, doesnt do much 5 on 5

I dont see him as a 1C

Reactions: DrEasy

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
We played pretty well overall but too many of our shots were from far away. Didn't get many chances in the slot/around the crease

I don't know, we got plenty of good looks, just couldnt buy a goal. Reimer was good and lucky, our forwards were either stoned or missed. Snake bitten overall

SCF-SCA 36-27
HDCF-HDCA 14-9

Reactions: Alex1234

MrInvidious

Sep 25, 2020
Toronto, ON / Ottawa, ON
First game after signing a huge contract, he needs to show a little more fire out there. He coasted a lot of the game. I'm sure he will get going but it still looked bad.
Almost like he hasn't played a single game, pre-season or otherwise, since April.

Let's leave the "Brady needs to do more" talk for a few games.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Why isnt he playing with players that compliment his skill set then?

Who would that be? I feel like Tierney is the perfect center for him. Tierney is defensively responsible, and refuses to shoot the puck and loves passing it. And Formenton is a spped demon who can stretch the ice and create space for Stutzle. Stutzle is at his best with the puck on his stick. Those two make sure he usually has it on his stick.

Reactions: Alex1234

Senovision

May 23, 2011
I drove 7 hours to go to the game. I got into Ottawa yesterday night. I thought the crowd would have been bigger as well. Too bad they couldn't pull this one out. I hope Pinto is Ok. I thought there was around 9000 fans at the game.
This was my first sporting event since Covid.

TonySoprano11

It's a very delicate situation.
Apr 8, 2006
Hayden, ID
I don't think the Sens played terrible. Sharks just outplayed them and have a little bit more skill at key positions. They neutralized the Sens speed and kept things slogged up in the neutral zone. They pressed hard on the puck carrier and our guys didn't make the best decisions. It seemed very much that the Sharks had much better positioning up and down the ice. They knew where their teammates were and had outlets to go to when being pressed.

We have to talk about offense though. The Sens need be able to beat a goaltender like Reimer more than once on with 31 shots on goal. Offense has been OK the first few games, but we really need to see some support scoring. Defense has been oddly decent since MDZ came in, he is a much more calming presence than Mete.

Lastly, Murray was hella shakey all game long. I could feel his anxiety through the TV. Dude battled the puck all night. He gave up 3 goals (1 called back) and just looked mediocre at best. It could have been worse though. This was his first game back after being out for a while, and there was a lot of pressure on him. I think he can continue to get better with more minutes but if we are going to win game we need him to be better than he was tonight.

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
This wasn't a bad game at all. We lost one of our only two good Cs for most of the game and still took it to the Sharks so I'm not going to overly analyze it. Hopefully Pinto comes back next game though as we obviously won't be able to compete with Tierney and Norris as our two top Cs.
Agreed that it wasn’t a bad game as a whole but f*** it was frustrating, especially after so many days off. Think I was extra eager.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Ottawa’s outplayed their opponent in 3/4 of the games so far - obviously the Saturday game vs the Leafs was the exception.

Completely agree that Stützle was the best player on the ice. He looks way better than last season.

Attendance is an issue

OccidentalSoothsayer

Dec 7, 2017
New Westminster, B.C.
Close game, we looked like the more dangerous team I thought. Stu could have bagged a couple. Not the first time Riemer has gotten the better of us. Hopefully Pinto is back in short order it will be tough sledding without him. Good showing from those who turned out (too few unfortunately).

Reactions: Raze The Stray

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad