Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Levels_68632f_1107552.jpg

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
A chiropractor told someone they need to come back multiple times a month forever?

SHocking.

Meh.

My guy was like "You're good now. Come back and see me next time you do something stupid with your body".

Like most things, it's entirely dependant on the quality of the individual, not the quality of the profession.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Pretty much the same here in regards to chiros

I've been seeing one for whenever I have issues due to working out or desk job

I go see her once a week for two to three weeks and then it's "I'll see you in six months when you tweak something else"

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Posture is probably the most important thing in the world, and probably the least blamed for many physiological problems. I've been told I have very good posture, which is probably the reason why at my age, and working at a desk drawing all day for years, I still don't have chronic neck or back pain.

Sit up straight kids!

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Yeah, last time I went in to see mine... he was like, haven't seen you in a while... that's a good thing!

My personal experience has been that chiros with a strong athletic background tend to be better ones.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Yep. Not living in a 9 to 5 world anymore. The whole daylight savings/forward whatever is outdated.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
No it doesn't.

Look how many of us are on our computers in the middle of the day. Look how many air conditioners will run in the middle of the summer. The difference is so small studies can't even agree if it saves or costs energy.

This doesn't make any sense

It saves energy by extending daylight

How people use other appliances that don't involve light has no bearing whatsoever on if it does or does not save energy

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
An oldie but a goodie....

When told the reason for daylight savings time the Old Indian said, “Only the government would believe that you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket, sew it to the bottom, and have a longer blanket.â€

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The point of DLS isn't to save the world

It's to be more efficient in how we use electricity to bring light to our homes and cities

I don't get the hate, I really don't

Also the harm it does? THE HARM? I mean really? At worst it's useless and benign, calling it harmful is pretty ridiculous.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
This doesn't make any sense

It saves energy by extending daylight

How people use other appliances that don't involve light has no bearing whatsoever on if it does or does not save energy

Well the relative cost of lighting compared to energy as a hole goes down as the use of other electronics goes up. This is further increased with more LED and CFL lights.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
The point of DLS isn't to save the world

It's to be more efficient in how we use electricity to bring light to our homes and cities

I don't get the hate, I really don't

Also the harm it does? THE HARM? I mean really? At worst it's useless and benign, calling it harmful is pretty ridiculous.

Just go to bed an hour earlier on the Saturday and you're fine. Plus in the fall you get two last calls!

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Well the relative cost of lighting compared to energy as a hole goes down as the use of other electronics goes up. This is further increased with more LED and CFL lights.

So the point is that isn't harmful

It's that it makes international communication more difficult

Big whoop, I'll take the extra daylight

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
So the point is that isn't harmful

It's that it makes international communication more difficult

Big whoop, I'll take the extra daylight

It also raises the risks of traffic accidents, heart attacks, and lowers productivity.

If you want extra sunlight we can just stay on DST forever. It isn't the extra sunlight that is bad, it is the changing of the clocks. Humans didn't evolve to change their sleep cycles just like that.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
We have radically changed our sleep cycles

We used to sleep for 4 horus, get jup and do stuff for a little bit and go back to sleep

Our ancestors never slept for 8 hours straight

Almost anything will raise the risk of heart attack, depression, traffic accidents and lower productivity

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Why should we continue to raise those risks just so we can change the clocks?

Regardless of whether or not other things raise those risks there should be some payoff to justify the costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad