OT: Sens Lounge LXXXIII | Support Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Where do you find the tags?

By quoting people to see what they did ;)
Or if you're in desktop mode - you can 'go advanced' and most of the buttons are there.

Also I think there's some links in our thread up to some of the bbcode help.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Omni, if you are thinking of going to see a Chiropractor, you need to see Dr. Ken Brough, at Glebe Chirporactic.. You need to see Dr. Brough SPECIFICALLY, don't get pawned off onto anyone else in the practice.

Is he more expensive than the average chiro? Probably... but the man is the best. THE ABSOLUTE BEST. When I got into my car accident back in '03, doctors thought I'd need at least a year of rehab, but Dr. Brough fixed my back & neck pain after just a few weeks. WEEKS. I continued seeing him for 6 months, and when I was done, you'd never even know I was ever in a car wreck. I felt completely normal. Zero after-effects.
Might look into acupuncture. Chiropractors cost an arm and a leg. Not saying Acupuncture is cheaper though. I'll keep that name in mind though for sure.
Yeah, I used to use the Ottawa ER over a walk-in clinic for the occasional time I needed to see a doctor. Usually worked better since if there was any tests that needed to be run, they could do it there and get results faster than if a walk-in were to send you to a lab... and then wait for results... and then call you back... and then schedule a follow-up appointment.

Really I think you've narrowed it down to heart-related or chiropractor may be able to fix it. You could always try both?
Yeah, most likely will. I'm ready to try anything at this point.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Might look into acupuncture. Chiropractors cost an arm and a leg. Not saying Acupuncture is cheaper though. I'll keep that name in mind though for sure.

Yeah, most likely will. I'm ready to try anything at this point.

??
I think mine is like 39 for an appointment. 20 is covered by benefits though, since apparently Sunlife considers that to be the 'standard' price still despite there not being a single Chiro out there that charges that low.

Osteopaths though, they're expensive. Mine charges 130 for an hour (benefits covers 100).

Massage therapy falls in between at around 70-80 per hour.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
??
I think mine is like 39 for an appointment. 20 is covered by benefits though, since apparently Sunlife considers that to be the 'standard' price still despite there not being a single Chiro out there that charges that low.

Osteopaths though, they're expensive. Mine charges 130 for an hour (benefits covers 100).

You can probably find a fresh graduate for $40-$60

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Does anyone know what company operates the jumbotron at the CTC?

It has occurred to me that my schooling would make me a candidate for one of those jobs.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
??

The chiropractor told me I'd have to go 3 times a week for first 2 months, twice a week for the next 2, then once a week for the rest of the year. I went to Oak tree. (girlfriend had past history there)

Unfortunately, I'm not covered for anything. :(

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
The chiropractor told me I'd have to go 3 times a week for first 2 months, twice a week for the next 2, then once a week for the rest of the year. I went to Oak tree. (girlfriend had past history there)

Go to the colleges/institutes that train chiropractors. You can usually go for under $20.

Same with with massages (here they are like $30), dentists ($20), ect. if you go to the schools. You get the same quality, because they are supervised, but often it just takes 50% longer, haha.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008

I don't have any Ottawa area chiropractors I could recommend... maybe look up the one that Bonk suggested? I don't think I've ever seen a chiropractor who suggested anything involving multiple sessions a week.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Late to this, but really hope you've found the root cause to this ****, Omni. Know you've been suffering far too long, whatever it is. Even if you're not covered, do what you can — there's nothing in this world more important than your health, because without your health you're not really able to appreciate anything else the world has to offer.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Omni,

I've had a slight headache all day and I've been in a pissy mood for hours because of it, can't imagine what you have to deal with on a daily basis. I don't have any advice for you but I hope you can get whatever it is sorted out and get back to focusing on what's important to you.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
A bit of yoga or gentle stretching will help a bit, too. Sometimes, when you're worried and tensed up for a long time, you mess up the muscles and start to pinch the nerves a bit, too. Stretching out the muscles and trying to de-stress helps just about every ailment.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria

Try a physio before chiro. More often than not the bone issues that the chiro can temporarily 'fix' are caused by muscle issues (uneven pulling for example).

This is why they reoccur, and you end up with endless visits to the chiro instead of fixing the problem for good with a physio.

Obviously you have to rule out serious problems first.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
Try a physio before chiro. More often than not the bone issues that the chiro can temporarily 'fix' are caused by muscle issues (uneven pulling for example).

This is why they reoccur, and you end up with endless visits to the chiro instead of fixing the problem for good with a physio.

Obviously you have to rule out serious problems first.

Yeah, I 100% agree. Go see a massage therapist or a physio. They know all the little inner workings of your muscles. Even if it's not the main cause of your problem, why not try to improve your quality of life by even 10%, right?

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Bonk... what's the ratio for your tonic + cointreau + sweet vermouth drink?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
http://docs.files.ontario.ca/documents/4136/mi-2003-svhap-report-en-for-tagging-final-2-up-s.pdf

Ontario's new sexual violence campaign.

Clearly written by women that hate men. They don't even bother with facts or sources.

Benny

You're a smart kid so don't say dumb stuff

It isn't "clearly written by women who hate men": it's just some reactionary mission statement to their perception of a "**** culture crisis" combined with a little bit of electioneering from the LPO who knows they had no business winning the election but did on the back of the incompetence of the CPO and NDPO

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Benny

You're a smart kid so don't say dumb stuff

It isn't "clearly written by women who hate men": it's just some reactionary mission statement to their perception of a "**** culture crisis" combined with a little bit of electioneering from the LPO who knows they had no business winning the election but did on the back of the incompetence of the CPO and NDPO

Touche.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

A chiropractor told someone they need to come back multiple times a month forever?

SHocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad