OT: Sens Lounge LXXXIII | Support Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
Why did you change?

I've been feeling less and less Polish over the years as I've been getting more and more comfortable with just being me. I think the fact that I've always been pretty different from everyone else, I just needed some sort of tribe or group to cling onto. Now I don't feel like I need to any more. I just don't identify with any specific, pre-determined group anymore, and now I just sort of associate myself more with my hobbies and interests (Senators, music, gaming, working out, ect.)

I feel like the "Polak" element was just the final piece I needed to dump. I dunno why:laugh:

As small as it is, I have actually been thinking about changing for about 3 months, haha

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
The yellow pages :laugh:

Seriously though, you'll at a minimum want to get some sort of survey done to make sure that you're putting the fence up inside your property and not your neighbours or they can ask to have it removed (or the next owners could).

After that depends on type of fence?

Not even sure what type of fence my parents want either.

Didn't even consider getting a survey done, will definitely get that done before I do anything then.

How much does a survey cost?

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Not even sure what type of fence my parents want either.

Didn't even consider getting a survey done, will definitely get that done before I do anything then.

How much does a survey cost?

Not sure. Never done it myself. I think sometimes from what I've seen/heard - you can luck out and just pull up the information you need from city hall, I can't remember what exactly you need though - think it's the equivalent of a title search.
Someone who actually owns a house might be able to tell you better, but basically you want the lot boundaries as defined by the city/your property deed.

Also, if you know what type of fence you want (eg privacy fence)... you may want to talk to the neighbours if you're on relatively decent terms with them and see if they want to pitch in a bit for it as well since they benefit from its existence. All depends on your situation in that case.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
Not sure. Never done it myself. I think sometimes from what I've seen/heard - you can luck out and just pull up the information you need from city hall, I can't remember what exactly you need though - think it's the equivalent of a title search.
Someone who actually owns a house might be able to tell you better, but basically you want the lot boundaries as defined by the city/your property deed.

Also, if you know what type of fence you want (eg privacy fence)... you may want to talk to the neighbours if you're on relatively decent terms with them and see if they want to pitch in a bit for it as well since they benefit from its existence. All depends on your situation in that case.

Yeah, too sum up what I think Caeldan is saying, just build a fence around your neighbours house so that they can't get out, and then charge them for it.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Yea its more for privacy, our house was built very oddly, the backyard is basically the front yard.

And then there's an annoying dog that's been growling at us for the past 7 years on the other side. That dog is massive. Some days I just want to go right up to it and slap it (been saying that for 7 years now)

My other neighbor living on the same side as the one with the dog is cool. He just kind of hangs around.

Yeah, too sum up what I think Caeldan is saying, just build a fence around your neighbours house so that they can't get out, and then charge them for it.

I actually like this idea much, much better.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I get this every so often and I have no idea what it is. I feel weak(not tired) and just kinda meh overall but specially in the arms and middle of my chest. Its not terrible but just consistent. It lasts a few hours. Currently on hour 4. I haven't eaten or done anything I don't normally do. Zero caffeine. I've ate 3 meals today.

:dunno:

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
Good luck making sure your jack posts are straight.

Best way to make absolutely sure your fence falls down within 5 years is to not care about making those son-a-ma-guns perfectly aligned and squared.

That's why I build my fences out of circles. If they ever get misaligned I just roll them back into place.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
I get this every so often and I have no idea what it is. I feel weak(not tired) and just kinda meh overall but specially in the arms and middle of my chest. Its not terrible but just consistent. It lasts a few hours. Currently on hour 4. I haven't eaten or done anything I don't normally do. Zero caffeine. I've ate 3 meals today.

Does it feel kind of tight in your chest?

I feel like I sometimes feel that way too, and it feels like if I try to drink water, it just gets stuck and almost feels like a knife being shoved down my throat.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Does it feel kind of tight in your chest?

I feel like I sometimes feel that way too, and it feels like if I try to drink water, it just gets stuck and almost feels like a knife being shoved down my throat.

Nope. Not tightness and I can drink + eat fine.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
21~ year old got stabbed in the throat today in my girlfriends building. Story's in the citizen and Ottawa sun. (Sun link)

No camera's in the stairwells or in hallways of the apartments. So guy could of been from the 3rd floor, walk all the way up, do something, go back unseen. As long as he stayed out of elevators, they couldn't have identified him.

My gf knew him (Not much, more his mother). It's so sad to see them go so young. Rumor has it it was over 10$ and the guy stabbed/slashed his throat. :(

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
21~ year old got stabbed in the throat today in my girlfriends building. Story's in the citizen and Ottawa sun. (Sun link)

No camera's in the stairwells or in hallways of the apartments. So guy could of been from the 3rd floor, walk all the way up, do something, go back unseen. As long as he stayed out of elevators, they couldn't have identified him.

My gf knew him (Not much, more his mother). It's so sad to see them go so young. Rumor has it it was over 10$ and the guy stabbed/slashed his throat. :(

Yikes. Time to suggest she move in?

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

Feel like that today as well. For me I think it's that special combo of stress and fatigue, and the temperature change. For some reason, when it gets warm, it usually takes me a week or two to adjust. Probably a psychological thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad