OT: Sens Lounge LXXVII | A Fridge Too Far Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Big Bang Theory is ****ing HORRIBLE.

Sloppiest, crappiest writing that relies entirely on stereotypes and awful tongue-in-cheek jokes instead of anything even close to resembling an interesting storyline or relate-able characters. "This joke is funny because nerds! This next joke is funny because borderline Aspergers syndrome gives people a free pass to be a**holes! Look at them make fun of normal people! GEEKSLOL, AND IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW WHAT 'LOL' IS, I WILL EXPLAIN IT TO YOU NOW LOL!"

The only thing worse than Big Bang Theory are the people who expect you to like it because it's "supporting nerd culture!" or some other awful BS. Screw that noise. Terrible show is terrible. I love hockey, but if they made a hockey sitcom with the same level of writing that Big Bang Theory has, I'd be the first in line with pitchforks & torches demanding it's cancellation.

It's basically "Everybody Loves Raymond" for people who pretend that they're nerds/geeks because it seems to be temporarily en vogue to do so at the moment.

I'm surprised anyone can communicate how BBT is crap in so many words. :laugh:

Everybody Loves Raymond was a LOT better though. Better jokes, acting and general storytelling. It wasn't particularly "smart" humor, but it made me laugh. Now, what I do find particular in all this is that a lot of the same people who hate BBT love Family Guy, which is just as basic in it's comedy. I've never really laughed at any of the two.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I'm surprised anyone can communicate how BBT is crap in so many words. :laugh:

Everybody Loves Raymond was a LOT better though. Better jokes, acting and general storytelling. It wasn't particularly "smart" humor, but it made me laugh. Now, what I do find particular in all this is that a lot of the same people who hate BBT love Family Guy, which is just as basic in it's comedy. I've never really laughed at any of the two.

Family Guy was a bit raunchy, but moderately funny, for the first 2-3 seasons (before they were cancelled or went on hiatus or whatever happened). When they came back to television, they definitely went overboard.

They never were able to catch the good-natured part of the Simpsons humor, though. (They caught the edgy/crass side and pushed further, that's about it.)

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Now, what I do find particular in all this is that a lot of the same people who hate BBT love Family Guy, which is just as basic in it's comedy.

Family guy is a cartoon, which lends itself to all sorts of great absurdist humor possibilities (which Family Guy used to do so well, but haven't done in a long time).

I see almost zero similarities between the two shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad