OT: Sens Lounge - Golf season is over edition

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
So I made an appointment with a psychologist for January 5th. I had a rough October…

Without going into detail, I went through six consecutive personal tragedies and I’m certain I will have to quit my job over all of this.

The hardest part is it’s bringing up the worst memories of my past. Does anyone have any tips or books to suggest for PTSD?

I just got my license back yesterday (I lost it December 17th, 2010) and I still find myself pacing around the kitchen, pulling my newly grown beard, saying “I want to go home.”

This might sound a bit odd, but it's shown that playing Tetris helps. Something to do with focusing the mind. It's not much, but it could help get the brain calmed down just enough to make things a bit more manageable.

Reactions: Que

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
So I made an appointment with a psychologist for January 5th. I had a rough October…

Without going into detail, I went through six consecutive personal tragedies and I’m certain I will have to quit my job over all of this.

The hardest part is it’s bringing up the worst memories of my past. Does anyone have any tips or books to suggest for PTSD?

I just got my license back yesterday (I lost it December 17th, 2010) and I still find myself pacing around the kitchen, pulling my newly grown beard, saying “I want to go home.”
I think you are infinitely stronger than what you give yourself credit for. Therapy is a huge step, and I am a big believer in cognitive therapy.

She may very well say to you after seeing your six tragedies and see that you have persevered up to this point and possibly want to switch spots. You are one tough hombre.

I think when you have lived long enough, experienced enough, PTSD is prevalent to all of us. How I personally deal with my PTSD is realizing and accepting what has happened to me, and trying to use what I learned from each episode . The triggering for me is something that I squash once I acknowledge that is is taking place. My brain works best when I can make sense of what I am feeling.

I did therapy 23 years ago and it was life changing and I learned so much about who I am and why I do (or did” the things I did.

You haven’t had a license in 13 years?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I started taking supplements a little while ago, just some B vitamins, a One a Day and PresserVission. I do feel a bit better for it.

I was thinking about getting a hair loss/regrowth supplement and laser light comb or hat. It’s Black Friday after all. Any recommendations? It’s all stress related.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
F'ng FOX

I wait all week long to spend Saturday afternoon watching commercials.. I mean 4-8 hours, straight.

What do they do? interrupt it with a few moments of Ohio Sate v. Michigan.

when does this end.. why must we endure programing, when all we want is to relax on a Saturday watching commercials.

f***, will they ever learn to be reasonable.
F’ng FOX ?

That game Ohio Sate v. Michigan, was almost as good as the Iron Bowl (on F’ng CBS) was later in the day, crazy final 7 or 8 mins in a long time….Game was signed sealed and delivered, until it wasn’t

Iron Bowl?

Last edited:

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008

Just talk about it; having a psychologist will help you tremendously. I don't know of any books, but I have had a therapist at a different points in my life for the past 15 years or so.

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020

Que,

go see you MD. he/she can refer you to a psychiatrist.. Psychiatrist are part of the health care system and covered by OHIP or the Quebec equivalent.

they are doctors and can prescribe medication or other therapies as needed.

Psychologists are $200-$300 an hour.

Often enough, basic medications can be a huge help.. The prozacs and SSRIs are all you need.

stay away form Dr Johnnie Walker and buddies black and red

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Que,

go see you MD. he/she can refer you to a psychiatrist.. Psychiatrist are part of the health care system and covered by OHIP or the Quebec equivalent.

they are doctors and can prescribe medication or other therapies as needed.

Psychologists are $200-$300 an hour.

Often enough, basic medications can be a huge help.. The prozacs and SSRIs are all you need.

stay away form Dr Johnnie Walker and buddies black and red
Disagree; psychiatrists are a joke in Ontario. You're 1000000% better off with a psychologist. You can get OHIP covered psychologists though a referral from your Dr. I have used Ohip Cover, and I have paid out of pocket. I have also been to psychiatrists, and I will never go back to one.

Last edited:

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
Stay away from Ozympic folks

It is causing a shortage.

Type II diabetes is common and common among people in their 60's and above.

the shortage is causing a shift to more expensive alternative. Many elderly are financially strapped.

Do not let your vanity lead to death.

f***ing Doctors.. Morality of pimps.. Perfectly willing to prescribe it to anyone..

Sit and watch Grandma die, just so you fit into a size 6!!!!!!

Hey Grandma, you reap what you sow... its your kids and grandkids killing you.

Reactions: Flamingo

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
1701101082156.gif

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
boards are up in Riverside south. One month away from shinny.

The schmuk who is shoveling the snow is me.

Reactions: Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

My wife found the following book helpful and many other people have too.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Send her a compliment and say "Omg I heard the Queen died, I was scared we lost you."
I need you to be my coach for this stuff. I'm keeping that suggestion in my back pocket.

I've been on these apps for like 7 years and can count the number of dates I've been on. I did get one relationship out of it but she turned out to be a psycho :eek::eek::eek::eek:.

Last edited:

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I need you to be my coach for this stuff. I'm keeping that suggestion in my back pocket.

I've been on these apps for like 7 years and can count the number of dates I've been on. I did get on relationship but she turned out to be a psycho :eek::eek::eek::eek:.
Buddy I am not even the best-looking guy, and I smash on those apps. I am much better on Hinge or Okcupid because you can send messages before you match. I use cheesy pick-up lines like that, and I get infinite more matches. Bumble I use my compliments, and I don't pay for them, so I don't use Bumble often. When you run out, you can probably delete your account and start over. I suggest using Hinge and saying something cheesy or funny as an opening when you send a like.

Also, have good pictures; honestly, pay someone to take and edit them if you need; it will help you get infinite more dates.

Last edited:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Buddy I am not even the best-looking guy, and I smash on those apps. I am much better on Hinge or Okcupid because you can send messages before you match. I use cheesy pick-up lines like that, and I get infinite more matches. Bumble I use my compliments, and I don't pay for them, so I don't use Bumble often. When you run out, you can probably delete your account and start over. I suggest using Hinge and saying something cheesy or funny as an opening when you send a like.

Also, have good pictures; honestly, pay someone to take and edit them if you need; it will help you get infinite more dates.
Yeah but how old are you and where you live? I'm about to turn 40 and in Ottawa/Gatineau, people here suck.

Whenever I go to Toronto/Montreal the ladies actually reply haha They usually end up ghosting me but they reply, here they almost never reply.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Yeah but how old are you and where you live? I'm about to turn 40 and in Ottawa/Gatineau, people here suck.

Whenever I go to Toronto/Montreal the ladies actually reply haha They usually end up ghosting me but they reply, here they almost never reply.
38, and I live in the GTA. But I have success when I travel as well. I have had success with a wide range of ages as well. All I need is a match, and I am pretty good at conversing, so that's why I prefer the apps where you can send a message along with your like. I also just go straight for dates. I don't just text for weeks; I am much better and funnier in person, so getting an in-person date just increases my chances of success.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Bumble was always my least favorite dating app.

Met my wife on Hinge. In New York no less. They do work.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Bumble was always my least favorite dating app.

Met my wife on Hinge. In New York no less. They do work.
They definitely do work.

There is the unfortunate reality that they don't work very well in small cities. Without enough people, it just doesn't work because you see the same people over and over again and then everyone in that market gets super jaded.

Women around here just never reply (and I'm sure there are plenty of douchebag men who scare away the few that do engage!). Whenever I try these apps in large cities, it feels like I'm on a different planet because people actually interact.

Not being confident does not help me though.

EDIT: I'll try Hinge I suppose. Nothing to lose. I need to find some pick up lines though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mingus Dew

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville

I've been on these apps for like 7 years and can count the number of dates I've been on. I did get one relationship out of it but she turned out to be a psycho :eek::eek::eek::eek:.
You can practice your pick-up lines on us, we'll give you feedback.

Although chances are our feedback will be "FIRE DJ!" no matter what you say.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
You can practice your pick-up lines on us, we'll give you feedback.

Although chances are our feedback will be "FIRE DJ!" no matter what you say.
I mean if you see a girl in the Ottawa area "Fire Dj" might be an A+ pick up line right now.

Reactions: DrEasy

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
On a little different topic, involving women…. Some people here, and in the local media are getting all hyped up for the PWHL, that starts in just about a month…… BUT am wondering who is in Charge of marketing these the franchises ?
Is the League or the individual franchises?
As of today, as far as I know, none of these teams have been named, and are only being referred to by the City the represent.

it’s less than 30 days until XMas, and I don’t see any Merch being advertised, or in the stores or online.

You’d think these markets would be flooded with Merch well before now, to take advantage of the highest shopping season of the year, to cash in on those who are looking forward to the PWHL in their City.

who ever is charge of marketing this new league, doesn’t seem to have clue how to promote it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad