OT: Sens Lounge - Golf season is over edition

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Apparently Brayden's company is now called Omni conversion technologies now and it's still going, albeit with a bit of a different business model.

I don't know enough about the tech, but it always seemed like a really promising option that helped address several issues, just the optics were always going to be a struggle. Good on the Coppenhill for doing what it can to reframe the optics of the technology into something more positive

Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Thing is most adults can retain information and stop having the same arguments over and over again. That's when it becomes childish and a waste of time.
Every situation is different and if people felt it was childish they would refrain from engaging. That doesn't seem to be happening and the talk continues.

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
Every situation is different and if people felt it was childish they would refrain from engaging. That doesn't seem to be happening and the talk continues.
The situation is different but the talking points and arguments are the same. Sometimes people cant help taking the bait, just like me right now.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
No, I hit my goal weight, now its about maintaining and building muscle.
Water fasting is a great to cleanse your body and reset you taste buds, appetite, and habits. It really works. When your body gets use to eating a certain amount it's easy for you to maintain that amount of consumption. By water fasting your stomach shrinks to it's natural size and you would be surprised how little food it actually takes to feel satiated. You will instantly tell when food is too salty, too sweet, and any cravings you may have had before virtually disappear. You will also crave water a lot.

I did the carnivore diet for one week and it was also great. Didn't get the benefits like with water fasting but the energy throughout the day was great and at no point in the day was I ever hungry. Ate 2 meals a day, way less calories and no crash. It's just expensive to do.

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
Apparently Brayden's company is now called Omni conversion technologies now and it's still going, albeit with a bit of a different business model.

I don't know enough about the tech, but it always seemed like a really promising option that helped address several issues, just the optics were always going to be a struggle. Good on the Coppenhill for doing what it can to reframe the optics of the technology into something more positive
there are very basic laws of nature.

1) the entropy of the world/universe increases.. so energy is dispersed and not restored.. effectively you burn a piece of wood, get heat and light.. but loose the piece of wood... you cannot gather heat and light and recreate the wood.

to get wood, you need to plant. this robs the earth of more energy than the wood would produce if burnt. while energy cannot be destroyed.. It can be lost in orderly fashion. Light, heat, gases escape our planet. And those that do not, cannot be recaptured and restored to a useful shape.

2) entropy is a direction of time. We move forward in time as we move from orderly to chaos.. from a tree/wood to heat, light, gases, ash, dust.

and so this myth of Green fuel, recycle.. is inaccurate..

the energy cost is higher.. we cannot return to order.

the best way: do not burn that wood.... Do not generate garbage, do not generate non-decomposable material..

Biofuel costs more liters of hydrocarbon fuel to produce, then the end liter of biofuel.

your great grandchildren will figure things out.. it only took humanity 20,000 years or so to understand contagious viruses.

Beech
Self proclaimed tree hugger

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010

1) the entropy of the world/universe increases.. so energy is dispersed and not restored.. effectively you burn a piece of wood, get heat and light.. but loose the piece of wood... you cannot gather heat and light and recreate the wood.

to get wood, you need to plant. this robs the earth of more energy than the wood would produce if burnt. while energy cannot be destroyed.. It can be lost in orderly fashion. Light, heat, gases escape our planet. And those that do not, cannot be recaptured and restored to a useful shape.

2) entropy is a direction of time. We move forward in time as we move from orderly to chaos.. from a tree/wood to heat, light, gases, ash, dust.
1) Energy does not 'leave' our planet we are an enclosed system. Energy is transfered and recycled, never lost. The Life/Death cycle observed and worshipped by man throughout our history. Burning a piece of wood may keep a man alive through the night. A ravaging forest fire will, over time, bring new life to the area. Follow the patterns in life. New will become old and the old will beget and nourish the new.

2) yes the 'orderly' will turn to 'chaos' but you leave out were 'chaos' will always return to 'order.' Ouroboros- the snake eats its tail. Time is an idea - a memory. Only the present 'exists'.

Last edited:

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road

and so this myth of Green fuel, recycle.. is inaccurate..

the energy cost is higher.. we cannot return to order.

the best way: do not burn that wood.... Do not generate garbage, do not generate non-decomposable material..

Biofuel costs more liters of hydrocarbon fuel to produce, then the end liter of biofuel.

your great grandchildren will figure things out.. it only took humanity 20,000 years or so to understand contagious viruses.

Beech
Self proclaimed tree hugger

I do not agree.

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
to get wood, you need to plant. this robs the earth of more energy than the wood would produce if burnt.
Just want to focus 1 more on this because this topic really interests me. 'Plant' -lol. Life is pervasive. It will always 'spring' to life no matter what. From the weeds growing out of the cracks in my driveway to the completely overrun ruins of ancient times.

Life always persists.

Global Warming alertists are now creaming over flowers and grass blooming in some areas of Antarctica. Millenia spent under a sheet of ice (allegedly) and yet the seeds will naturally come to bloom under the Sun. Kinda makes you stop and think.

• Haha
Reactions: Do Make Say Think

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad