Status
Not open for further replies.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Dude. No.

Call telehealth Ontario first if you want. They will tell you to go to emerg
Okay, Go to emergency just in case but after that book an appointment with an osteopath. I have had similar issue's and in my experience doctors where the least helpful, but they honestly tried and each one had different idea's. Pills, MRI's, xrays were years of wasted time. Osteopaths, Physiotherapists, massage therapists get you better way faster than a doctor would for physical issue's.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Okay, Go to emergency just in case but after that book an appointment with an osteopath. I have had similar issue's and in my experience doctors where the least helpful, but they honestly tried and each one had different idea's. Pills, MRI's, xrays were years of wasted time. Osteopaths, Physiotherapists, massage therapists get you better way faster than a doctor would for physical issue's.

Agree with everything you are saying, but the best place (in Ontario) for a quick diagnosis (MRI or X-ray). If it is spinal/nerves an MRI could go a long way.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Don't rely solely on alternative medicine. I would recommend don't go at all, but I would much much more strongly recommend at the very least seeing a proper doctor as well if you insist on it.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Don't rely solely on alternative medicine. I would recommend don't go at all, but I would much much more strongly recommend at the very least seeing a proper doctor as well if you insist on it.
What is a proper doctor, a good one? Sens players use them every week for physical ailments. He said he had back problems 6 months ago. How does a doctor fix a bad back....pills. You go to someone who understands how your back works (the back might not actually be the problem) and they release/re-align what's not wright. It's seems so simple once you've done it.

Last edited:

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Be careful with this kind of advice – by most accounts, the limited body of research that says osteopathy can be effective points specifically to muscle and bone issues. This sounds like it could be a nerve issue, which is why it's important to get it diagnosed correctly first. Otherwise, you could waste a lot of time treating a symptom rather than the cause.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Symptoms are usually constant. At least the past 30 hours or so. And progressively gotten worse. It's in my leg and up my back a little too now. My feet feel like they are frozen. I've had really bad back problems the past 6 months but that's been much improved the past 2 months or so. Not really sure what's the cause.

How is your blood pressure? Are you ever dizzy? Blood clots can move around and cause an array of problems that move with them.

Either way, follow Variable's advise and get yourself to a doctor asap.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
You should only go to see an alchemist. Either that or pray away your medical issues. If that fails, I have a good Necromancer you can use.

In all seriousness, you're likely looking at some kind of spinal issue. If it has gotten worse since you last saw your doctor, make an appointment to see them and be very concise in explaining the symptoms are getting worse. Theyll then request a MRI then refer you to a neurologist.

Reactions: 18Hossa

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Be careful with this kind of advice – by most accounts, the limited body of research that says osteopathy can be effective points specifically to muscle and bone issues. This sounds like it could be a nerve issue, which is why it's important to get it diagnosed correctly first. Otherwise, you could waste a lot of time treating a symptom rather than the cause.
No doctor is going to fix a pinched nerve. Getting diagnosed correctly is a journey in most cases. Osteopaths etc. are always looking for the cause, it's the doctors who look to treat the symptoms. Go to a doctor with a sore back they will give you a prescription to lower the inflammation and after it may go away. They don't know tightness in your leg muscle is causing the problem. As Daffy said the doctor said come back in a few weeks if it doesn't go away. That's what doctors know from experience, that pain usually goes away on its own. They do the same thing at the hospital. Daffy was wondering if anybody has had any similar issues/have any recommendations and I raised my hand. I'm sure he asked that because the doctor told him to come back later.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
No doctor is going to fix a pinched nerve. Getting diagnosed correctly is a journey in most cases. Osteopaths etc. are always looking for the cause it's the doctors who look to treat the symptoms. Go to a doctor with a sore back they will give you a prescription to lower the inflammation and after it may go away. As Daffy said the doctor said come back in a few weeks if it doesn't go away. That's what doctors know from experience, that pain usually goes away on its own. They do the same thing at the hospital. Daffy was wondering if anybody has had any similar issues/have any recommendations and I raised my hand. I'm sure he asked that because the doctor told him to come back later.
Hey, I'm not here to argue the efficiency of the hospital system. I'm just saying it's irresponsible to recommend a specific course of treatment without knowing what the issue actually is. It's the same reason I wouldn't recommend that someone gets glasses when they may have cataracts.

Reactions: Variable26

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Hey, I'm not here to argue the efficiency of the hospital system. I'm just saying it's irresponsible to recommend a specific course of treatment without knowing what the issue actually is. It's the same reason I wouldn't recommend that someone gets glasses when they may have cataracts.
Fair enough. The goal is to determine what the issue is. I'm saying there are different avenue's to do it. He wouldn't of asked the question if the Doctor identified the issue.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Symptoms are usually constant. At least the past 30 hours or so. And progressively gotten worse. It's in my leg and up my back a little too now. My feet feel like they are frozen. I've had really bad back problems the past 6 months but that's been much improved the past 2 months or so. Not really sure what's the cause.
Sounds like you have a ruptured or protruding disc in your back. It pushes on the nerves and causes problems. If you wet yourself or crap yourself head to the ER. No joke. Beyond that they will recommend you start strengthening your core muscles with yoga and visit a chiropractor. Only after you have exhausted those options will they look at surgery.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Thanks everyone for the replies. Great group of guys and gals in here.

Went to the Carleton Place hospital last night. Nobody was there which was nice so didnt have to wait long. Told him my symptoms. That it had gotten significantly worse the past 24 hours or so. He wasn't able to give much answers right now. Mentioned that since I'm feeling the numbess and tingling on both sides that it wouldn't be a brain tumour because that would mean I'd have 2 tumours in the brain. Not that that was likely anyways. Mentioned MS as a rare case that sometimes starts like this, but mostly he is probably thinking it's a nerve issue. He's sending some paperwork off the to Ottawa hospital, so they will contact me at some point about doing a nerve study. Said if it gets really bad or keeps getting worse to come back.

So still kind of stuck in the same place. Sucks being in limbo. Knowing there is something wrong but not knowing what it is or what steps to take to fix it.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Sounds like you have a ruptured or protruding disc in your back. It pushes on the nerves and causes problems. If you wet yourself or crap yourself head to the ER. No joke. Beyond that they will recommend you start strengthening your core muscles with yoga and visit a chiropractor. Only after you have exhausted those options will they look at surgery.

When I was having my back problems I was seeing a chiropractor then a physiotherapist. It got so bad I couldnt even bend over at all when I woke up in the morning. The pain was terrible. But the back pain has been mostly gone for a few months now. Hopefully it's related to something like that. At least then I know what it is and it's fixable.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City

Went to the Carleton Place hospital last night. Nobody was there which was nice so didnt have to wait long. Told him my symptoms. That it had gotten significantly worse the past 24 hours or so. He wasn't able to give much answers right now. Mentioned that since I'm feeling the numbess and tingling on both sides that it wouldn't be a brain tumour because that would mean I'd have 2 tumours in the brain. Not that that was likely anyways. Mentioned MS as a rare case that sometimes starts like this, but mostly he is probably thinking it's a nerve issue. He's sending some paperwork off the to Ottawa hospital, so they will contact me at some point about doing a nerve study. Said if it gets really bad or keeps getting worse to come back.

So still kind of stuck in the same place. Sucks being in limbo. Knowing there is something wrong but not knowing what it is or what steps to take to fix it.
Wow, that sucks. Been there before.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

That was the most important step: seeking actual medical assistance.

While you wait I'd recommend seeing a chiropractor, they should be able to alleviate the pain and offer some guidance in the short-term. It does sound like it could be a disk issue, I've had that and seeing a chiropractor did a lot of good.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
That was the most important step: seeking actual medical assistance.

While you wait I'd recommend seeing a chiropractor, they should be able to alleviate the pain and offer some guidance in the short-term. It does sound like it could be a disk issue, I've had that and seeing a chiropractor did a lot of good.

The thing is though, I dont really have any pain right now. Just a lot of numbness and tingling. And it's just uncomfortable. But I'm not in any physical pain right now. Some general aches and pains but that's it.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road

Shit, thought you were in the city.

The only time I have ever been to Carleton Place hospital, it was closed too. They woke up the doctor for my buddy and stitched him up.

Hey, I hope you feel better soon @Daffy

I suggest using Ontario Telehealth in the future. RNs on call 24/7. - provides best advice in situations like this.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/get-medical-advice-telehealth-ontario

Last edited:

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
When I was having my back problems I was seeing a chiropractor then a physiotherapist. It got so bad I couldnt even bend over at all when I woke up in the morning. The pain was terrible. But the back pain has been mostly gone for a few months now. Hopefully it's related to something like that. At least then I know what it is and it's fixable.
I've been there. There were days I couldn't walk. Next time you see your family doctor ask if they can do an MRI on your back. My L5 is destroyed and my L4 is on it's way to being done. If I lay done on a soft bed it causes pain and issues for me. If I lay on one side too long my ass falls asleep. Weirdest feeling. If I sit in a bad chair my arms fall asleep and my hands tingle. Other stuff happens too but you get the idea.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
I've been there. There were days I couldn't walk. Next time you see your family doctor ask if they can do an MRI on your back. My L5 is destroyed and my L4 is on it's way to being done. If I lay done on a soft bed it causes pain and issues for me. If I lay on one side too long my ass falls asleep. Weirdest feeling. If I sit in a bad chair my arms fall asleep and my hands tingle. Other stuff happens too but you get the idea.

Sorry to hear about that. Not fun stuff to go through. My family dr retired and I havent found one yet. My wife and daughters dr retires in April so I figured we'd all try and get the same one going forward. I would like to get an MRI though.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Sorry to hear about that. Not fun stuff to go through. My family dr retired and I havent found one yet. My wife and daughters dr retires in April so I figured we'd all try and get the same one going forward. I would like to get an MRI though.
Have you had any injuries which could be the problem?

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Have you had any injuries which could be the problem?

Maybe related to the back problems I was having. My physiotherapist thought I had a bulged disc.

Also tore my mcl/meniscus last may but I dont think it would be because of that.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Maybe related to the back problems I was having. My physiotherapist thought I had a bulged disc.

Also tore my mcl/meniscus last may but I dont think it would be because of that.

The disc could be "gently" pushing a nerve which could explain the numbness without pain. Building disks happen a lot to people who lean forward a lot (working out the abs, chest and shoulders help a lot on that front!)

I'd still recommend going to see a chiropractor if at all possible, while you wait for the medical stuff to happen. If you had serious back issues and now you are having hip issues, the odds seem good that there is a link and the chiropractor might be able to help or even maybe tell you if it is serious.

I understand that chiropractor can be expensive and hard to get to however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad