Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
giphy.gif

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
That guy was STONE cold out before he got the second concussion on the way to the concrete floor

Yep. Look how rigid his body is as it falls over - his legs lock up straight as a board and don't move even as he hits the ground.

Textbook fencing reaction. Dude is KTFO the second he hits the glass.

Reactions: Variable26

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Joker was freaking awesome. Wow.

Was thinking about seeing it (I almost never go to the movies) but by this point I think I've heard too much positive reaction and I'm doomed to be underwhelmed due to high expectations

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Was thinking about seeing it (I almost never go to the movies) but by this point I think I've heard too much positive reaction and I'm doomed to be underwhelmed due to high expectations

Maybe. It’s just a really good movie to be honest. I haven’t been gripped by a slow burn movie like that in some time.

Reactions: DrEasy

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Maybe. It’s just a really good movie to be honest. I haven’t been gripped by a slow burn movie like that in some time.

I was a bit undewhelmed by it but that was because of the hype, not because the movie wasn't good.

I felt that it spent a bit too much time setting up the breakdown and that it did so in a rather superficial manner. The 3rd act was very good though.

The best critic I read was that it really didn't need to be Joker, it could have been a regular Joe and it would have been fine. So not really a negative because it being set in a superhero universe didn't detract from it but it didn't elevate it either. In fact, the Joker being a mystery makes his character scarier, explaining how he came to be that way lessens it. It is why Heath Ledger's Joker is so effective: no rationale, just chaos.

That's more of a meta-critic with the state of cinema today though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boud and DrEasy

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012

It's not a perfect film by any sense, but I think Joaquin Phoenix's performance alone is worth the cost of admission.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
I was a bit undewhelmed by it but that was because of the hype, not because the movie wasn't good.

I felt that it spent a bit too much time setting up the breakdown and that it did so in a rather superficial manner. The 3rd act was very good though.

The best critic I read was that it really didn't need to be Joker, it could have been a regular Joe and it would have been fine. So not really a negative because it being set in a superhero universe didn't detract from it but it didn't elevate it either. In fact, the Joker being a mystery makes his character scarier, explaining how he came to be that way lessens it. It is why Heath Ledger's Joker is so effective: no rationale, just chaos.

I can get behind this take to be honest. It would have been even better without the Batman references. I thought the buildup was really well done though. Almost schizophrenic it was cool.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Do either of you use VPNs or are you on a public network? Instagram might block your IP.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Might be your adblocker or scriptblocker. I've had issues in the past, since the embeds would constitute a form of cross site scripting I believe.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI

I heard the movie is pretty much Taxi Driver but with the Joker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad