Post-Game Talk: Sens lose 2-1 to Montreal

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Habs players are a bunch of cowards going after Stuetzle the way they did in this game. Wish his teammates had served up a little justice for it.

Really hoping that Watson or Paul give Chiarot the Carkner treatment next game. Gladly take the instigator.

Reactions: Cosmix

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
I think he's getting a little predictable and forwards are realizing that he'll usually try to make the quick move and skate up the ice himself.

He's a great skater but he's not uncatchable and his puck handling isn't perfect.
This is a fair and realistic comment. Chabot is a huge talent. He needs more situational awareness and a better sense of risk and reward. He needs to realize that he can't always pull off a great play. Sometimes you punt. But there are Sens fans who need scapegoats to pick on. This is not unique. Just read other forums. ( There are lots of examples, none better than this: Remember Larry Murphy? Hall of Farmer with four Cup rings? He was booed mercilessly and run right out of Toronto.)

Reactions: NyQuil

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
I'm having to exert effort to remember prime Karlsson defence because of the listlessness that has characterized his play more recently.
The year the league donated Karlsson's Norris to Drew Doughty, Erik was probably the most effective all-round defender in the league. I think his injuries hurt his defensive game more than his offence.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It's a bit tough because with young players there's a temptation to just take players out and put other players back in.

I'm on the fence. Part of me thinks that Norris just needs an ugly goal to dribble in and he'll be back on track.
Norris has never really driven play or created on his own. He has been less and less noticeable while gifted prime minutes. If there was ever a time to have him watch from the press box it's now. My biggest issue with this coaching staff and management is the lack of consistency in awarding ice time and opportunity. Sometimes for a young player taking a step back is important. Giving the same opportunity to L. Brown or Chlapik will make them all better.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Norris has never really driven play or created on his own. He has been less and less noticeable while gifted prime minutes. If there was ever a time to have him watch from the press box it's now. My biggest issue with this coaching staff and management is the lack of consistency in awarding ice time and opportunity. Sometimes for a young player taking a step back is important. Giving the same opportunity to L. Brown or Chlapik will make them all better.

And game after game Tkachuk is suffering from it too. He is trying to do to much since Norris is struggling to find traction with the puck and such. I really don't get why it's so hard to scratch Brown for Norris for a few games. Scratching young guys for a few games has always proven very positive because they take it positively and it gives them a look from above. This isn't rocket science, lmfao, we have a more capable and needed asset just sitting while the other is struggling and making his linemates struggle too.

Even if they don't wanna scratch Norris, waive someone else and bring up Brown if it's that difficult.

I was allll for Norris starting and Brown playing in the AHL for half a season then called up full time after trade deadline, but the guy hasnt even been playing, and with AHL next weekend, I doubt he's called up until Stepan or someone of the like is also moved.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Norris reminds me a bit of Fisher in that he is very north south in his game. I feel like his production depends a lot on playmaking wingers.

He's going to be a very good middle 6 center imo, or rather, he already is, but 1st line is asking a lot from him if its for more than just a short term thing.

Reactions: aragorn

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
I saw a few posts criticizing Zaitsev today. Terrible takes in my opinion, he covered up a lot of Chabot gaffes. Go back and watch the game objectively and you will see how many really smart plays he made.

Tkachuk and Nick Paul were both off today, but overall nice game from the Sens.
Zaitsev has a target on his back for many posters.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Habs players are a bunch of cowards going after Stuetzle the way they did in this game. Wish his teammates had served up a little justice for it.

I didnt love it, but Timmy gonna have to get used to being targeted out there. Its not gonna get easier. Hopefully less face shots tho

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
So we're just going to let our golden boy take shots all game and do nothing about it? Weak. On another note Batherson is one if the worse playmakers I've ever seen right now, can't make a simple pass or a basic play, he tries to make low percentage plays too much, getting annoying

I completely disagree that DB is a terrible playmaker, overly harsh take.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Bang on with Norris. I think he will be an excellent second line centre but he is a rookie who will have ups and downs. I think it’s time to maybe insert Brown and see how he does, my hopes of him having success outside of PP against this division are very low. I desperately want him to succeed but he just doesn’t seem to have the necessary compete to be successful.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I'd much rather see Stepan out & L. Brown in than replace Norris since Stepan has done nothing of consequence since the season started. The sooner they move out these UFAs the better for this team to improve IMO. Both L. Brown & Formenton should be in the lineup & Stepan & Galchenyuk out, but given they haven't played a meaningful game in over a yr it seems they could both be quite rusty & it could take a while to get up to speed. Get it, up to speed with Formenton?

Reactions: Cosmix and NyQuil

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Norris reminds me a bit of Fisher in that he is very north south in his game. I feel like his production depends a lot on playmaking wingers.

He's going to be a very good middle 6 center imo, or rather, he already is, but 1st line is asking a lot from him if its for more than just a short term thing.
Fisher isn’t a bad comparison in some ways actually. Never thought of that one.

But I think Norris is better off on RW. He has a wicked shot from over there.

Fish was better up the middle of the ice. Just a bit too much tunnel vision and lack of speed range.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Fisher isn’t a bad comparison in some ways actually. Never thought of that one.

But I think Norris is better off on RW. He has a wicked shot from over there.

Fish was better up the middle of the ice. Just a bit too much tunnel vision and lack of speed range.

I'm hopeful that Norris has a bit more offensive creativity than Mike Fisher.

Fisher always felt like the best 3rd line centre in the league and then we'd feel like he was missing something as a 2nd line pivot.

Not a great PP guy because a lot of his offense came from the cycle, forecheck or in transition.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

The tough vets that are supposed to lead have shown they are not willing to do so. Dump them all asap.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I'd much rather see Stepan out & L. Brown in than replace Norris since Stepan has done nothing of consequence since the season started. The sooner they move out these UFAs the better for this team to improve IMO. Both L. Brown & Formenton should be in the lineup & Stepan & Galchenyuk out, but given they haven't played a meaningful game in over a yr it seems they could both be quite rusty & it could take a while to get up to speed. Get it, up to speed with Formenton?

Stepan and Anisimov should be out, waived, traded, whatever. Same with J. Brown. I would keep Galchenyuk as he has not been given enough time to fit in and he has looked decent on occasion.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
The year the league donated Karlsson's Norris to Drew Doughty, Erik was probably the most effective all-round defender in the league. I think his injuries hurt his defensive game more than his offence.

The media voted for the Norris trophy and the fawning idiot named Dregger was a big part of that injustice!

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Galchenyuk does have that very narrow but extremely valuable skill in terms of his shot on that right-hand side on PP2.

Between him and Brannstrom, they are actually competing with PP1 in terms of creating offensive chances on the PP.

Reactions: DrEasy and Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

I expect our two idiots (Dorion and DJ) to put Haley into the lineup as the response. It is a very sad thing to think that Haley is the size and type of player determined by Dorion needed to address this crap.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I expect our two idiots (Dorion and DJ) to put Haley into the lineup as the response. It is a very sad thing to think that Haley is the size and type of player determined by Dorion needed to address this crap.

Haley will be in prime position to shake his fist angrily at the Montreal players who speed by him.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Is any other poster having difficulty typing posts and having the text get into HFBoards. Quite a few of my posts cause the system to stop accepting them and reboot the page, losing my typed text?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad