Post-Game Talk: Sens lose 2-1 to Montreal

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Stepan and Anisimov should be out, waived, traded, whatever. Same with J. Brown. I would keep Galchenyuk as he has not been given enough time to fit in and he has looked decent on occasion.
Surprisingly I doubt they move J. Brown since he has a 2 yr deal although I would agree with you. I would much rather keep Gudbranson at half his contract, but it could also be that of all the UFAs Gudbranson might be the more valuable & return more. And given J. Brown has a two yr contract it's much more likely he stays & Gudbranson goes because they both play 3rd pairing RD.

With Galchenyuk he is a left shot & we have Tkachuk, Stutzle, Paul & if we add Formenton four left wingers & IMO Formenton with his speed will get more chances to score & be much more disruptive defensively. What do you think? Ottawa needs a lot more point production from their right side & centre spots, but I don't see Galchenyuk replacing any of those guys either. It's a tough call on Dadonov, C. Brown & Galchenyuk because we know & have seen them all do something just not consistently, especially offensively. I prefer Formenton to Galchenyuk, but that doesn't necessarily mean he would be better, I just think he could be.

Reactions: Cosmix

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
I'd much rather see Stepan out & L. Brown in than replace Norris since Stepan has done nothing of consequence since the season started.
Stepan has as many even strength points as Norris and 1 more than Batherson. He's not the complete tire fire people make him out to be. At the same time Norris and Bath have looked very good at times but they are not producing the way they should. Maybe sit Norris for a game or two.

Reactions: Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I would like to give L. Brown and Formenton a chance to play too. We ned to see what they can do in the NHL. We know what Stepan, Anisimov and a few others can do.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Yep from iPhone

I am using an iPad. It has happened so many times that i was about to toss the iPad out the window.

The keyboard lag was so bad i had to check out the issue on the internet. I disabled almost all keyboard features to try to fix it. It seems to be an issue on the HFBoards site with iPad/iPhone iOS.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I get a system message saying "The webpage was reloaded because a problem occurred". VERY ANNOYING.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
I am using an iPad. It has happened so many times that i was about to toss the iPad out the window.

The keyboard lag was so bad i had to check out the issue on the internet. I disabled almost all keyboard features to try to fix it. It seems to be an issue on the HFBoards site with iPad/iPhone iOS.
Happen every day for me. Just shut down the iPhone or iPad and you be good for one or two days

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
You dont think saying those things impacts peoples perception of and treatment of players? This is a pattern throughout years and years of Sens fandom. It is what ran Spezza out of town.

Apparently not, but judging from all these popular people closing their social medias accounts, it seems there is an effect somewhere. At some point, the negativity comes to you. It's much worse when it's a lot more than just "negativity"

Norris reminds me a bit of Fisher in that he is very north south in his game. I feel like his production depends a lot on playmaking wingers.

He's going to be a very good middle 6 center imo, or rather, he already is, but 1st line is asking a lot from him if its for more than just a short term thing.

Which is why I want Stutzle-Norris-Batherson

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Is any other poster having difficulty typing posts and having the text get into HFBoards. Quite a few of my posts cause the system to stop accepting them and reboot the page, losing my typed text?
Copy-paste acts weird in the text box. The pasted text doesn't show up, but in fact it's there.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
I completely disagree that DB is a terrible playmaker, overly harsh take.
It is, I'm just saying that he needs to simplify his game, work on his cross ice pass, it constantly bobbling off his stick, so it doesn't matter if he threads the needle, the recipient of the pass isn't going to do anything with it the way it's going right now

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Stepan has as many even strength points as Norris and 1 more than Batherson. He's not the complete tire fire people make him out to be. At the same time Norris and Bath have looked very good at times but they are not producing the way they should. Maybe sit Norris for a game or two.
Dadonov with 3 pts in 12 games has been another huge disappointment & he's signed for another 2 yrs, at least with Stepan he's a UFA & hopefully on his way out.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Dadonov with 3 pts in 12 games has been another huge disappointment & he's signed for another 2 yrs, at least with Stepan he's a UFA & hopefully on his way out.

Agreed. Dadanov is a huge dissappointment. He is turning 32 soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad