Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Lightning Oct. 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I'm looking forward to this one. We always tend to play Tampa tough, and Bishop does not worry me at all (he is due for big time regression). I think we have a decent shot.

I would like to see Lehner start, simply because I am a big believer in getting everyone some ice time early on in the season. Put in the scratches from last night too and see what they can do.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Tweak the lineup:
MacArthur - Turris - Stone
Hoffman - Legwand - Ryan
Michalek - Zibanejad - Chiasson
Greening - Z. Smith - Neil

Boroweicki - Karlsson
Cowen - Ceci
Phillips - Gryba/Wiercioch

Anderson - Lehner
No no no we know Macarthur Turris and Ryan works! Don't break them apart

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Why bench Neil? He had a good enough game and was far from the problem last night

Re-read what I wrote. No need for a fighter against TB. He was part of the problem last night. Our defensive coverage was terrible. When his line was on the ice, we got hemmed up in our zone a number of times. I think Condra can help in that regard.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Re-read what I wrote. No need for a fighter against TB. He was part of the problem last night. Our defensive coverage was terrible. When his line was on the ice, we got hemmed up in our zone a number of times. I think Condra can help in that regard.

So it was ALL Neil's fault and not the fact that his center was 19 years old making his professional debut and his other winger being a guy early into his career as well.

ALL NEIL'S FAULT!

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I'm one of the biggest Neil haters on here

He was fine last night

i can understand the argument that although may not have been part of the problem he wasn't a big part of the solution. whereas a guy like condra may have been able to help more.
also, i see the benefit of having neil on lazar's wing (probably necessary for now)

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
So it was ALL Neil's fault and not the fact that his center was 19 years old making his professional debut and his other winger being a guy early into his career as well.

ALL NEIL'S FAULT!

No, not blaming Neil directly. Lazar was all over the ice in a bad way, and Hoffman is average at best defensively. Condra is a RW. Neil is a RW. We don't need a fighter for TB, bingo bango Condra for Neil.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
No, not blaming Neil directly. Lazar was all over the ice in a bad way, and Hoffman is average at best defensively. Condra is a RW. Neil is a RW. We don't need a fighter for TB, bingo bango Condra for Neil.

If Radko Gudas catches Lazar with his head down and obliterates him, I'm pretty sure I want Neil there to cave his face in.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
If Radko Gudas catches Lazar with his head down and obliterates him, I'm pretty sure I want Neil there to cave his face in.

If that were to happen, Neil going after Gudas changes absolutely nothing. Its fun seeing the Habs or Leafs get punded, but beyond that fighting is pointless.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
If that were to happen, Neil going after Gudas changes absolutely nothing. Its fun seeing the Habs or Leafs get punded, but beyond that fighting is pointless.

Very true, what does a fight accomplish in a hockey game? Pointless indeed

Oct 10, 2010
Very true, what does a fight accomplish in a hockey game? Pointless indeed

You call it pointless and i call it necessary.

I don't think we'll see Boyle or Kane have their way with Karlsson ever again.

Plus, it's extremely entertaining when guys beat the crap out of each other.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I had a horrible realization that I don't get Sportsnet one and I'm having a huge party tomorrow for my sis' going away party and hockey. F me. This deal is getting worse all the time.

Parliament

Jul 15, 2014
Neil has a purpose on this team, I think most of us know this. However, in my opinion, that purpose is not on the power play or to be even remotely close to the ice when we are down a goal with less then a minute to go.

Oct 10, 2010
Neil has a purpose on this team, I think most of us know this. However, in my opinion, that purpose is not on the power play or to be even remotely close to the ice when we are down a goal with less then a minute to go.

Yup, people are hating on him when they should blame the coach for putting him in a position to fail.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
i can understand the argument that although may not have been part of the problem he wasn't a big part of the solution. whereas a guy like condra may have been able to help more.
also, i see the benefit of having neil on lazar's wing (probably necessary for now)

I'm also a big fan of Condra

I'd have no objection to replacing Neil with Condra no matter the matchup

I think Condra's skillset is something we could use everygame and that's just not the case with Neil

Karlsson2Turris*

Was not expecting Lehner to start after Andy's solid performance yesterday.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Totally good with the Lehner move. Huge proponent of Andy, but realistically I think a 40-40 split can be expected this year. Starting Lehner tells him he can expect regular game time and tells Andy that it has nothing to do with his performance.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Totally good with the Lehner move. Huge proponent of Andy, but realistically I think a 40-40 split can be expected this year. Starting Lehner tells him he can expect regular game time and tells Andy that it has nothing to do with his performance.

I don't have a problem with it either since they lost with him in nets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad