Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Lightning Oct. 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I'm expecting a shocking performance, but hopefully the players don't bolt back to the locker room if things get gloomy. We need our young kids to play well because that's the candy in the rain of a lost season. If they don't, there'll definitely be a storm cloud on the horizon of the season.

bigsby

Jul 11, 2014
Ottawa
I think Hoffman's wheels are gonna grab him a goal this game. Lehner to start, and Legwand to play better now that he's out of Nashville.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Tweak the lineup:
MacArthur - Turris - Stone
Hoffman - Legwand - Ryan
Michalek - Zibanejad - Chiasson
Greening - Z. Smith - Neil

Boroweicki - Karlsson
Cowen - Ceci
Phillips - Gryba/Wiercioch

Anderson - Lehner

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I'm expecting a shocking performance, but hopefully the players don't bolt back to the locker room if things get gloomy. We need our young kids to play well because that's the candy in the rain of a lost season. If they don't, there'll definitely be a storm cloud on the horizon of the season.

:thumbu: Keep it up.

Tweak the lineup:
Hoffman - Legwand - Ryan

Boroweicki - Karlsson
Cowen - Ceci

Anderson - Lehner

Come on, man. Your obvious bias to big players is mostly hilarious and we love you for it, but you're being over the top here.

"Let's take out the forward who played the most minutes of any forward 5 on 5 last night with no glaring errors, and put the soft hulk in! That will help us win!" Give me a break.

If you want t put Greening in, fine, but you don't take out Lazar for it. Plus, by our play yesterday, Condra would be the one I would put into the lineup.

Playing Boro with EK is.... an interesting thought. Not sure how that would work out. Boro did have a good game, though. There aren't too many other options other than Cowen atm.

I think Andy plays tomorrow and then Lehner gets the Panthers.

I'd put Lehner in for this game. If he loses, you go with Andy who likes playing back in Florida. If Lehner wins, you roll with him, like management said they would in the off-season.

Fully expecting Mac to come back with Andy, though, which wouldn't be a bad choice... he did play quite well.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
:thumbu: Keep it up.

Come on, man. Your obvious bias to big players is mostly hilarious and we love you for it, but you're being over the top here.

"Let's take out the forward who played the most minutes of any forward 5 on 5 last night with no glaring errors, and put the soft hulk in! That will help us win!" Give me a break.

If you want t put Greening in, fine, but you don't take out Lazar for it. Plus, by our play yesterday, Condra would be the one I would put into the lineup.

Playing Boro with EK is.... an interesting thought. Not sure how that would work out. Boro did have a good game, though. There aren't too many other options other than Cowen atm.

I'd put Lehner in for this game. If he loses, you go with Andy who likes playing back in Florida. If Lehner wins, you roll with him, like management said they would in the off-season.

Fully expecting Mac to come back with Andy, though, which wouldn't be a bad choice... he did play quite well.

Why take Andy out? He's the starter and had a great game. Play him against the stronger team, give Lehner the weaker one.

Makes sense to me.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Tweak the lineup:
Hoffman - Legwand - Ryan

Boroweicki - Karlsson
Cowen - Ceci

Anderson - Lehner

probably one of the worst possible things maclean could do at this point

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
They should be able to beat the Bolts...but getting waxed here might be the thing MacLean needs to bring back Wiercioch or at the very least impose some disciple on the backend. If we allow 40ish shots to a Stamkos-led offence...it's going to get ugly.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
They should be able to beat the Bolts...but getting waxed here might be the thing MacLean needs to bring back Wiercioch or at the very least impose some disciple on the backend. If we allow 40ish shots to a Stamkos-led offence...it's going to get ugly.

I don't understand how getting waxed (aka getting scored on lots) would make Mac put in a defenseman who's biggest shortcoming is defense.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I don't understand how getting waxed (aka getting scored on lots) would make Mac put in a defenseman who's biggest shortcoming is defense.

While I dont think its necessarilly a solution but dressing 4 bottom pairing that cant move the puck will result in many shots against. Atleast Wiercioch can pass it.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
probably one of the worst possible things maclean could do at this point

Re-uniting GSN is probably the worst I would say.

How about benching Neil for Condra? No need for a fighter for a skilled team like TB. Bottom 6 like this:

Smith - Leg - Stone
Hoff - Lazar - Condra

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Expecting Lehner to start for a few reasons, it was between him and Bishop essentially so time to show us your better blah blah blah also Craig always goalers well vs Florida. Disappointed with the opening game ( allthough when you really think about it: rinne, west conf road game, late-post to tie, 1 goal game, new group first game) but saw lots of improvement in certain areas and a team that truly battles top to bottom....no more room for passengers

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Re-uniting GSN is probably the worst I would say.

How about benching Neil for Condra? No need for a fighter for a skilled team like TB. Bottom 6 like this:

Smith - Leg - Stone
Hoff - Lazar - Condra

Why bench Neil? He had a good enough game and was far from the problem last night

Sarcasticus

Mar 25, 2010
Ottawa
Twits:
Ottawa Senators ‏@Senators 9m9 minutes ago
#Sens coach MacLean confirms post practice that @RobinLehner will start in goal on Saturday. Remainder of lineup to be determined.
--

RELEASED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad