Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Leafs | Must Win |

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 248215

Must score on power play. Sens had 6 of them last game and not a single goal?

That's right, they even had a 5v3 for like a minute and a half. I think we'll see a big game from them though. Big boys will step up.

SaltyPete

May 7, 2014
MacArthur - Turris - Stone
Hoffman - Zibanejad - Ryan
Condra - Pageau - Lazar
Prince - Legwand - Chiasson

Is what I wouldd like to see until Michalek gets back. I'm expecting Smith in instead of Prince though.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
If "lock down defensive style" means turtling around the net and standing in front of a barrage of slap shots from the point then that's the absolute worst game plan the Sens could possibly pick. The Leafs are an awful hockey team, particularly at even strength. If the Senators pursue the puck and attack with numbers they will score several goals and win this game fairly easily.

The only thing that can hurt them is letting the Leafs dominate possession and take a lot of shots at Dreidger, which is exactly what turtling is going to do.

The Rangers team the Sens played last night was by far the best team they've played all season. If they play with some intensity against the leafs the game will feel a whole lot easier for them.

That's not what I'm talking about at all. I'm talking about playing a well structured game. We can't afford to give up ANY quality scoring chances with the state of our goalies right now.

The Sens never have an easy game against the leafs.

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
Fully expect Andy and Mac back tomorrow. Should be interesting to see line combinations in the morning skate in Toronto.

Expecting these:

Hoffman-Zibanejad-Ryan
Mac-Turris-Stone
Condra-Pageau-Lazar
Smith-Legwand-Chiasson

Could see Cowen back in too.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
You never want to sit around and simply wait for your chances, but this is where a good PP would come in handy. Play tight hockey and wait to pounce on the PP. Unfortunately that's not a good strategy for us at this time.

You don't get so many power plays when defending all the time.

Open things up, try to score.

ColinM

Dec 14, 2004
Halifax
#optimism

Ottawa has a good opportunity to get back on track here. We had a poor game from most players, combined with playing arguably the best team in the league, and 5-1 is the result. The only question mark going into this one is our goaltending. I would expect the boys to come out with some fire for this one.

Putting Dreidger in on a HNIC Saturday in Toronto might not be ideal, but if Andy's a no go, we don't have a choice. Simple as that.

Exactly. It's not ideal but Dreidger might be the best option. If we are going to throw him out there it might as well be against a team in tank mode.

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
I think Driedger might be the best option too.... If Anderson still isn't ready, it might be tough for Cameron to sit Hammond unless Hammond says he's a no-go... He didn't want to get pulled last game, but he left it up to the coach, who decided to rest him and not risk further injury in a 5-1 game. I'd ask Anderson point blank, are you starting Saturday ? if not, leave his *** in Ottawa, and dress Driedger and Hammond....

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
Who would be our backup if Driedger starts and the other 2 cant go?

Dont think have anyone??

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Who would be our backup if Driedger starts and the other 2 cant go?

Dont think have anyone??

Bryz is a UFA right now... he'd be a hilarious option to back up an ECHL goalie!

I'm going to be honest, I just want Bryzgalov: The Quote Machine in a Sens jersey. I really don't care about the hockey part of it.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
If Ottawa and Boston loses both games on the weekend and Florida wins both games on the weekend, Florida is in a playoff spot.

I personally don't pay any attention to those percentages. They can change in an instant.

Agreed. This close to the playoffs the swings in percentages are ridiculous. What I look at is the record we need to get to make the playoffs. I'm guessing it's going to be 98 points this year.

Which means we need to go

6-2-1
5-1-3
4-0-5

Anything less than that and we're going to need a lot help from other teams.

Looking at it again 97 points seems like it might be ok.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Definitely nervous about this one. The Leafs look like they're fed up with the crap surrounding the team and might just come out on fire.

If our goalies don't feel ready, then put the kid in nets.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I hope Anderson plays. I am just too nervous going with Driedger.

I honestly don't think we can expect Driedger to pull a Hammond.

Ugh, i am just nervous about our goalie situation going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad