Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 20m20 minutes ago
MacArthur is cleared to play. #Sens

Darren McLeod ‏@Darren_McLeod 34m34 minutes ago
I'm not a doctor, but if MacArthur needs a tinted visor to keep concussion symptoms at bay he probably shouldn't play anytime soon

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 21m21 minutes ago
Chris Driedger may start. Certainly hasn't been ruled out. #Sens

Wayne Scanlan ‏@HockeyScanner 22m22 minutes ago Ottawa, Ontario
Cameron not sure who starts. Two goalies banged up. "We'll see what tomorrow brings." Driedger is still a possibility.

Bruce Garrioch @SunGarrioch · 45m 45 minutes ago
Anderson says he is close.

Bruce Garrioch @SunGarrioch · 44m 44 minutes ago
Anderson will make trip.

Bruce Garrioch @SunGarrioch · 1h 1 hour ago
Pretty much every shot is at Anderson's blocker side. Driedger is on emergency recall. If Anderson is ready he has to go back. #Sens

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I left the game last night with 10 minutes left in the third, but I am assuming Dreidger didn't let in any goals? So thats hope.

I don't really think you can't make any judgments on Dreidger play though during that time. I didn't watch the rest of the game because i was too pissed, but i am assuming that the Rangers like pretty much every team in the nhl who are up 2+ goals relaxed a little bit.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
You can't make any judgments on Dreidger play though during that time. I didn't watch the rest of the game because i was too pissed, but i am assuming that the Rangers like pretty much every team in the nhl who are up 2+ goals relax a little bit.

Really classy move by Hagelin letting Dreidgers first shot against be a save ( I think it was Hagelin)

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I don't really think you can't make any judgments on Dreidger play though during that time. I didn't watch the rest of the game because i was too pissed, but i am assuming that the Rangers like pretty much every team in the nhl who are up 2+ goals relaxed a little bit.

Rangers definitely eased up. They went into cruise control, but they also shut us down in the process. We weren't even getting a sniff in tight on them.

Clamshells

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 11, 2009
End the record-tying Hamburglar career start, Start the record-tying Dreidger career start?

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
End the record-tying Hamburglar career start, Start the record-tying Dreidger career start?

#optimism

Ottawa has a good opportunity to get back on track here. We had a poor game from most players, combined with playing arguably the best team in the league, and 5-1 is the result. The only question mark going into this one is our goaltending. I would expect the boys to come out with some fire for this one.

Putting Dreidger in on a HNIC Saturday in Toronto might not be ideal, but if Andy's a no go, we don't have a choice. Simple as that.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Not a fan of playing injured goalies. Hopefully the team can play a lock down defensive style and wait for their chances, we could squeak out a 2-1 win.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Not a fan of playing injured goalies. Hopefully the team can play a lock down defensive style and wait for their chances, we could squeak out a 2-1 win.

You never want to sit around and simply wait for your chances, but this is where a good PP would come in handy. Play tight hockey and wait to pounce on the PP. Unfortunately that's not a good strategy for us at this time.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
You never want to sit around and simply wait for your chances, but this is where a good PP would come in handy. Play tight hockey and wait to pounce on the PP. Unfortunately that's not a good strategy for us at this time.

You do when you're playing 1 of 2 injured goalies or a 20 year old east coaster.

Every facet of the Sens team is better then the leafs right, except for the goaltending. We need to protect the weakest link.

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008

If "lock down defensive style" means turtling around the net and standing in front of a barrage of slap shots from the point then that's the absolute worst game plan the Sens could possibly pick. The Leafs are an awful hockey team, particularly at even strength. If the Senators pursue the puck and attack with numbers they will score several goals and win this game fairly easily.

The only thing that can hurt them is letting the Leafs dominate possession and take a lot of shots at Dreidger, which is exactly what turtling is going to do.

The Rangers team the Sens played last night was by far the best team they've played all season. If they play with some intensity against the leafs the game will feel a whole lot easier for them.

member 248215

The good news is that the Senators controlled the play until two key injuries happened mid game to the same position and lines started to shuffle. More good news is despite the assignment confusion and the mixed up lines they pulled out a win.

Bad news is that two key players got hurt in this game plus Sill looked like he was trying to take out a few more. Hopefully the team can stay healthy from here on out.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
It would be such a shame if we fall out of the playoff race because of this. **** injuries.

Hopefully Anderson comes back soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad