Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Leafs HNIC - The return of Murray

Status
Not open for further replies.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
So Murray just left morning skate with groin discomfort :/ Samsonov likely the starter and we'll have to sign a random amateur goalie as the backup

Big night for the random amateur because with our luck, he’ll be the goalie of record tonight. Good luck anonymous University goalie.

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
At this point the only issue is he takes up a contract spot. So if he isn't going to be useful at either level it would be good to move on.
Doesn't a player usually get suspended at this point for failing to report to the AHL team? Clearly no other team is interested in taking on his current contract as he passed through waivers and has been offered around the league.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
think the title needs to be changed or maybe the o.p. knew about Murray's injury history, and predicted he would return to I.R. :huh:
:sarcasm:

Reactions: kb

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
I think this will be an easy win but I am a bit worried about Debrincat and Stutzle blowing by the D tonight. They look beatable by speedsters so far and those 2 are elite versions, whereas habs have a bunch of bootleg players on their roster.

Mediocre opponent, but some pieces that can provide a good test to see if we can remove some of the "too slow" concerns game 1 created.
They can score some yeah, if our number one goalie samsonov cant catch them all. They have speed, but we got More Power and we dig those pucks better than them. They got soft giroux, Who always loses In the playoff, we have much More stronger tavares. Our team is More like dads to them. They are More of Kids. Dads always Win In the end. Cause they teachers and others are noobs.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I find it shocking that Kampf, Malgin, and Kerfoot have not registered a hit, especially since I believe I remember all of them making a hit.

It's arena dependent, IIRC Toronto and Montreal are on the stricter side for what constitutes a hit/takeaway.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
It's arena dependent, IIRC Toronto and Montreal are on the stricter side for what constitutes a hit/takeaway.
Not according to the research a poster did this summer, leaf’s third in the league at home.

Last edited:

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I find it shocking that Kampf, Malgin, and Kerfoot have not registered a hit, especially since I believe I remember all of them making a hit.
Even Nylander has at least 1 hit. First period against Montreal for sure off the top of my head.

I find the hit count always to be a little suspect

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I can't believe how badly the title for this episode aged. It just had to make it to the evening!

Well I guess it's welcome aboard the Samsonov train. I always believed he'd take the starters job :laugh:.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
We should play a little better tonight. Last game was a bit less sloppy than the 1st.
If we can slow down on the penalty parade and get our #1 PP unit clicking we'll be fine.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Not according to the research a poster did this summer, think it was on the mains.

I only saw some charts from the north division year, it was Ottawa and Edmonton calling everything a hit by a huge margin and us around neutral. I guess it doesn't apply to takeaways.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I only saw some charts from the north division year, it was Ottawa and Edmonton calling everything a hit by a huge margin and us around neutral. I guess it doesn't apply to takeaways.
I updated above post
Ottawa getting a lot of hits is because that’s the way DJ has them playing, that’s not new.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I updated above post
Ottawa getting a lot of hits is because that’s the way DJ has them playing, that’s not new.

Ottawa gets hits at home by a massively higher margin than on the road, teams playing in Ottawa also record more hits than they do in other arenas.

I'm not saying they're not a physical team, the numbers are just inflated.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
I updated above post
Also because they're not a possession team and so are more often chasing and defending, you don't hit a whole lot when you play offense, you're busy doing other things like getting open or getting pucks or getting in front of the crease.....

So Murray just left morning skate with groin discomfort :/ Samsonov likely the starter and we'll have to sign a random amateur goalie as the backup

Is Zamboni Dave still around?

Reactions: AvroArrow

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Ottawa gets hits at home by a massively higher margin than on the road, teams playing in Ottawa also record more hits than they do in other arenas.

I'm not saying they're not a physical team, the numbers are just inflated.
You didn’t comment on what you originally said, about leafs being stingy at home takeaways. Third most generous vs away.
Do you have a chart for hits like the takeaway ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad