Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Leafs HNIC - The return of Murray

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
While I don't think Keefe has named his goalie I would be shocked if he didn't go back to Murray. He said before the season he would rotate goalies for the first while and let it sort itself out. So I expect Murray gets a chance to show Samsonov how you play your former team by trying to outperform Samsonov's solid performance overall.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I typically don't like going against the hot hand (it's been all of one game, I know). I would do exactly that here though considering the opponent - Matt Murray takes the net on HNIC.

Reactions: Bellzy

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Agree they should go back to Murray based on the reasons all stated above.

I think it's Murray's net to lose. So he'll be given every opportunity to take it. Unless he really craps the bed and Samsonov puts up solid performance after solid performance.

Reactions: AvroArrow

GrizzLeaf

Registered Bear
Aug 13, 2010
Quebec
Weird that they had Samsonov play against his old team last night, and Murray might play against his.

Would be a slight advantage to the other team. Shooters would know their goalie and former goalie's weaknesses.

Tairy Greene

Feb 2, 2020
Weird that they had Samsonov play against his old team last night, and Murray might play against his.

Would be a slight advantage to the other team. Shooters would know their goalie and former goalie's weaknesses.
And vice versa. I think most goalies are just competitive guys so they welcome the challenge.

Reactions: GrizzLeaf

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Ottawa will play hard against us as always. We will need to bring the same level of intensity that we did against the Caps.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
I'm betting on Samasonov being number one by game 20. We have to play Murray and find out what we got or don't got. If the entire nhl knows about Murray(glove), we could be paying $4 Million for a backup no one wants again.

Dubas trades first rounder again in genius move and unloads Murray!

Reactions: centipede2233

On-the-Fly

Feb 6, 2007
Thats about as close to the deep end as you can toss 50, no? Beach balls over the glove, old team, counter part takes W in GM2. About as much pressure as you'd want for an early season, 'what have we got in 50?' kind of game. He starts no doubt.

Sink or swim till ya swim or sink tho.

Same with Geno, as I see it.

Also. When does 91 vacate the C? And let 34 take his rightful place? I feel like JT should swallow that bullet sooner rather than later.

Reactions: geo25

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
Murray deserves a bit more rope to settle. I expect the 1st line to finally be on point this game and Leafs should ideally control play for mo

I am going to be at the game tonight 'holy sheeeeeet! first live Leaf game since 93 at the Gardens watching our warriors, Wendel, Gilmour, Potvin!!! I am beyond excited to see the boys at the 'new' Scotia Bank Arena! I am also getting to drop into Brampton before the game to meet my newborn niece for the first time 'first time uncle' so such a cool day! and I got a pair of tickets, and I am taking my mom :) GO LEAFS GO!!!!!

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Didn't help he missed training camp.
Exactly. Of everyone on the roster, he deserves some time to get back up to speed. Considering, he hasn't been terrible, just off on timing for the most part.

Murray is the starter for me. Good chance it backfires, but I think with 4-in-6 to start the season we just rotate for now.

Team was better in game 2, and I expect them to be better again tomorrow. Our 3rd line has been awful despite the nice goal last game. They need to pick it up. Same with the top line, though they were starting to roll. Second line needs to keep doing what they are doing and I don't know what the fourth line is right now... minute eaters I guess but I have not been impressed with them at all and I feel Kampf is wasted on that line; he might need time to adjust to that role I suppose.

Holl was surprisingly very good in the 2nd and 3rd last game, that is the guy we need more consistently. I thought everyone else on the back end was at least decent.

Sens are going to be running around no doubt. Interested to see how we respond to that. Smile and wave, or push back.

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
Exactly. Of everyone on the roster, he deserves some time to get back up to speed. Considering, he hasn't been terrible, just off on timing for the most part.

Murray is the starter for me. Good chance it backfires, but I think with 4-in-6 to start the season we just rotate for now.

Team was better in game 2, and I expect them to be better again tomorrow. Our 3rd line has been awful despite the nice goal last game. They need to pick it up. Same with the top line, though they were starting to roll. Second line needs to keep doing what they are doing and I don't know what the fourth line is right now... minute eaters I guess but I have not been impressed with them at all and I feel Kampf is wasted on that line; he might need time to adjust to that role I suppose.

Holl was surprisingly very good in the 2nd and 3rd last game, that is the guy we need more consistently. I thought everyone else on the back end was at least decent.

Sens are going to be running around no doubt. Interested to see how we respond to that. Smile and wave, or push back.

I agree... Holl.... I am not a fan... he can be good but most time he is garbage... his defensive play and his stupid passes... AHHHH!!!!!!!! I will be at this game tonight! with my mom! I hope the boys put on a good show and kick some Sens ass! GLG!!

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
I am going to be at the game tonight 'holy sheeeeeet! first live Leaf game since 93 at the Gardens watching our warriors, Wendel, Gilmour, Potvin!!! I am beyond excited to see the boys at the 'new' Scotia Bank Arena! I am also getting to drop into Brampton before the game to meet my newborn niece for the first time 'first time uncle' so such a cool day! and I got a pair of tickets, and I am taking my mom :) GO LEAFS GO!!!!!
That's awesome! Win or lose enjoy the experience. I think either way you're going to have a memorable day, and that's what it is all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad