Post-Game Talk: Sens @ Leafs Feb 1. (7 p.m. Eastern) - Mod Warning: Post 471

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
You're going to need to show some evidence to back that up because, according the rules, there's an argument to be made about no penalty nor suspencion due to the fact that Ceci did in fact turn.
I still expect the refs to call it a penalty because these kinds if hits are dangerous BUT I can also understand the ref missing it/thinking Ceci turned and put himself in a vulnerable position and the League saying that, in accordance to the rules, cannot suspend him

The closest ref didn't see the incident at all, and because Ceci didn't sell it, had no reason to make a call.

The far ref likely had his view of the hit obstructed by the net, and therefore wouldn't have seen it, either.

The non penalty boils down to the referees simply not actually seeing the hit.

The non suspension likely boils down to a combo of trying to avoid admitting a mistake on a controversial non-call by the refs, and then that was further justified when Ceci made his post-game comments (that he turned intentionally to protect the puck and that he should have dove to draw a penalty). It was still boarding, and the league should have still acted to fine Kadri for it.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
I can't be the only one who fully expects these type of efforts in meaningfull games from this team? It's tried tested and true this team does not show up for big games, never have and i havent seen a thing telling me that will change.

Also no need to be surprised by the Ceci missed call, 4 super soft penalities against leading up to the incident was all one needed to see to understand where this game was headed. You could feel the screw job coming a mile a way, as you knew the refs were going to blow a call for Ottawa, literally lol'd when it went down....glad Ceci didn't get paralyzed though

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
Lost in all this talk about the missed call was that the team didn't even really deserve to win at all. The leafs started to push back in the 2nd even before the Kessel goal. Until the team can actually compete for 60 minutes and cash in on their limited pps they will always have a tough time with the leafs. The team seemed content to try and play for a point after the Neil goal which you just can't do vs the leafs or any other team for that matter. Hell just look at the pens game last night as an example of that too. They were still trying to win the game in regulation while the team was trying to hang on for a point and that's a team that is a lock for the playoffs.

I had no problem with the Anderson quote. It wasn't his fault we lost though I felt like he should have been able to save Kessel's PP goal. He was just telling it like it is because it's the same breakdowns we see so much game after game. If the team managed the puck better we'd have beaten the leafs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad