GDT: Sens @ Leafs - 7pm SBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I’m surprised I’m mama didn’t fight. He was a beast in the A.

I don’t love McCabe. Thought he would be better. There were better players for a 1st I think.

Cowan. Robertson. Gregor. Rafi looked really good (in that order)

Top line was great. Topi was not good. The rest kind of just melded.

It’s early. Means nothing. I hated reaching for Cowan and not dropping back but he looked good at least

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
IMO Cowan looks NHL ready, probably best to let him bake but he can skate, shoot, create offense and play physical. What a pick. I hope it pans out for him.

I’m surprised I’m mama didn’t fight. He was a beast in the A.

I don’t love McCabe. Thought he would be better. There were better players for a 1st I think.

Cowan. Robertson. Gregor. Rafi looked really good (in that order)

Top line was great. Topi was not good. The rest kind of just melded.

It’s early. Means nothing. I hated reaching for Cowan and not dropping back but he looked good at least

Honestly I think Cowan would have been a first round pick regardless. There were other teams high on him. So it’s better we got our guy at our pick and not risk it.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
We really must be watching a completely different player if you don't think his skating is smooth and agile. He isn't Cale Makar here but it's definitely above average. Made a few nice plays at both ends of the ice due to his skating.

People already hate Klingberg to the point where they've made up their made for some reason. It won't matter. Nothing about his game tonight suggests he was an issue... but people just want him to be one.

I don't think he's wrong that his skating doesn't look the greatest, but hey I don't think he was going full throttle or anything in the first pre-season game.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Robertson has heart. Can’t help but cheer for guys like him.

Cant imagine being the third guy on the Kampf Reaves line. That line may not score a goal all year.

Marner was really good. Klingberg needs to simplify his game and not take so many needless risks. Doesn’t need to on this team. If he does that he will be fine

Was hoping to see 34 unleash a few to make me feel better about his wrist. Guess I have to wait a bit.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Gio was bad there but that rebound tho
Started with Matty - you can't miss the net and have it come all the way out in that situation. Mitch probably should have left the puck carrier to Gio and taken the trailer. And a bad rebound. Bad all round.

Reactions: fahad203

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Cowan looked good. Mitch and Matty had some good good stretches - par for regulars in preseason.

Other than the slow start and bad all round finish, not too bad.

At least our A team got a point against their B team, while our B team came up short against their A team.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
As a finn I'm interested of hearing what did you think Niemelä and Kokkonen ?

I thought Topi was pretty underwhelming
He needs plenty of AHL time to sort out how he's going to defend bigger bodies on NHL ice surfaces, he seemed to struggle with that a bit today

Kokkonen is solid but unspectacular, he doesn't do anything really well which limits his ceiling imo
He needs to be on the Marlies and play a ton because I'm struggling to see an NHL player honestly

First pre season game obviously but I'd have said this about both of them at the end of last season

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
As a finn I'm interested of hearing what did you think Niemelä and Kokkonen ?
Topi had a bad clearing attempt that led to a goal against. A few giveaways. Needs to get stronger, but I saw some real fight in the O zone when we were trying to tie it up, a few good plays and he got in position A for a real good shot on goal. He has good instincts on that side of centre.

Kokkenen had a safer game than game 1, just steady. Tops out as a depth D unfortunately.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Chych and Chabot playing over 30 minutes each in the second game of preseason is crazy to me...
It reminds me of the days the Leafs would 'win' the preseason. Preseason is for warning up your regulars, trying different things and assessing it and your young hopefuls.
The send have things to prove this season so it looks like they are getting ready to sprint. What I did like is the easy they clog up the slot and filter picks in. How much success will they have against a full NHL roster is anyone's guess.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Thought Cowan was real good — Maybe it was the 1st game hype for him, but wasn’t expecting play like that from him.

Robertson has a motor, seems determined to make the roster — the top 6RW is up for grabs.

1st line with Bert was good..

McCabe / Klingberg wasn’t as good as people predicted, but you could tell they had rust to them, I think Brodie needs to play beside Klingberg to let him do his thing.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
What specifically is the difference between appropriate criticism and being a "whipping boy"?
its a thin line between love and hate

Cowan can't even drink a beer at a bar in Toronto. Let's put his accomplishment in perspective.
He is another (like Minten) super young draftee.
Lets hope he is what he appears to be, super stocky and not small, with a never quit engine and lots of drive to the net

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
We really must be watching a completely different player if you don't think his skating is smooth and agile. He isn't Cale Makar here but it's definitely above average. Made a few nice plays at both ends of the ice due to his skating.

People already hate Klingberg to the point where they've made up their made for some reason. It won't matter. Nothing about his game tonight suggests he was an issue... but people just want him to be one.
I thought Gio was much more concerning.
We need a stud left d man, to be our shut down guy.
It isn't going to be McCabe or Rielly.
And not Gio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad