Post-Game Talk: SENS @ JETS, TSN5, Sunday 8pm

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Both Sens goalies were really good.
The diminutive duo on D were also really good... buzzing around getting the puck out and up the ice.
Pinto, Forms, Ennis and Greig were our best forwards with an honorable mention to Parker Kelly.

Shaw, Kastelic, Sokolov looked like AHLers. Not surprised Socks wasn't able to do much but still disappointed.

I thought Lassi struggled to contain the big Jet forwards at times.

Brannstrom should absolutely be on the opening night roster. He was way better than Josh Brown tonight.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Pretty amazing of the boys to go out there and show solidarity with their captain by only scoring beauties tonight. They’re saving all the garbage goals for Brady.

Reactions: Boud

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Reminds me of that Hossa goal once upon a time.

playoff game vs Philly. crowd went into crazy excited murmur when Hossa was circling with the puck because it was so unusual in that clutch and grab to see players skate with the puck for so long, Hossa scored and the place went mental. Send also trailed badly after 1st period and won the game.

only difference is Hossa did it 5 on 5

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
If they really go by the « best players play » stuff they’ve been saying, Pinto is easily the 2nd best C on this team. He just has it. Made a couple nice passes around the net, hit Ennis a couple times in front. And its not just that, his reads and takeaways with his stick position were greats.

I am obviously biased cause I absolutely dislike the player Tierney is, but I really dont see where Pinto is weaker as a hockey player. He was also great with Stutzle and Brown last year, so why not keep it that way? Maybe they want him to earn it, Id say he’s doing it.

I liked Formenton’s game tonight, he can be pretty physical on top of all the speed he brings, nice player

I hope they put Brannstrom in the top 4. I know he has his flaws but his puck moving/transition is really important and Id like to see the team not dig itself a hole while getting hemmed in their own zone while playing vets above their slots.

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
I really liked Greig out their. Totally fits our style. I don't mind sending him down and a year in the AHL he is going to be a gem we just need to be patient and not rush him.

Gus is the Sens Bus, I don't want him sitting on bench too much and rather him get bulk of the starts and dominate the AHL some more. Next year the back up and challenge Murray for the starting goalie job.

I thought Brannstrom was average, specially considering the lineups. His shootout goal buys him some serious street cred however.

Lassi leaves me wanting more.

Igor did not play like he can, he was nervous. He played okay but will need to create more offense and better 200ft game.

Forms has the speed just wish he was more consistent in his offensive play cause he has the tools.

Love Watson! He is great team guy!

Pinto played a solid game but turned on the after burners in OT and the shootout. I am not going to get to high or low on him, his time is near!

Honestly the line-up was not great for the Sens but we did well for half the game.

Look forward to the next game!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad