Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Jets, Sat 3 pm (automatic loss)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
Lines at practise today:

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 13m
3-65; 4-5 and 46-62 are d pairings. Not sure if Cowen will play. #Sens

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 14m
68-7-6; 9-19-83; 14-15-25 and 28-93-22-

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 16m
Paul MacLean having a long talk at centre ice. #Sens

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 20m
No sign of Clarke MacArthur at practice #Sens. May have been hurt in that incident with Hudler

Haha Zibby must be loving his line mates.

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 1m
There were punches thrown. May have been Cowen's first fight of the year. #Sens

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 2m
Cowen and Neil in a little tussle here. Players step in. #Sens

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
nice to see some emotion too bad more players dont have the fire that Neil has

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Lol funny to see Neil fight a young kid ( big one though ) in practice when he's a ghost on the ice away from home. Absolutely invisible lately and playing way too much (coach's fault) 2nd time this year would be nice to see him show that passion in games

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Lol funny to see Neil fight a young kid ( big one though ) in practice when he's a ghost on the ice away from home. Absolutely invisible lately and playing way too much (coach's fault) 2nd time this year would be nice to see him show that passion in games

someone needs to wake Cowen up

he has been putrid

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
someone needs to wake Cowen up

he has been putrid

I agree with you. But so has the whole team, including Neil especially, a leader, who killed any of our momentum we had last game with a stupid selfish penalty. It happens in hockey but maybe he could do it on other teams

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I agree with you. But so has the whole team, including Neil especially, a leader, who killed any of our momentum we had last game with a stupid selfish penalty. It happens in hockey but maybe he could do it on other teams

the reason Neil and Phillips play so much is cause the young guys have been terrible. If Greening and Cowen/Weir played anywhere close to their potential then Neil and Phillips would be on the bottom line/pairing consistantly.

Remember going into the season our d lineup was

Methot- Karlsson
Cowen - Weir
Phillips - Boro

so it was clear what the plan was. Neil and Phillips are old now they shouldnt be relied on to lead the team in hits/blocked shots/fights and whatever others are hoping for. Guys like Smith, Greening, Condra,Cowen, Weir need to find a way to elevate their game

people want to see the mantle passed to the youth....but who exactly has proven this year that they are ready to carry this team? Cowen? no Karlsson? not really Zibby? no Weir? no...the only one who is decent is Turris

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
the reason Neil and Phillips play so much is cause the young guys have been terrible. If Greening and Cowen/Weir played anywhere close to their potential then Neil and Phillips would be on the bottom line/pairing consistantly.

Remember going into the season our d lineup was

Methot- Karlsson
Cowen - Weir
Phillips - Boro

so it was clear what the plan was. Neil and Phillips are old now they shouldnt be relied on to lead the team in hits/blocked shots/fights and whatever others are hoping for. Guys like Smith, Greening, Condra,Cowen, Weir need to find a way to elevate their game

I agree with everything you say. My point is what the **** is Neil doing go throw that frustration on somebody else. Haven't seen him throw a hit lately he looks lifeless and doesn't seem to care about losing, and that's the same for every ****ing one of them, no life no passion, this team is dead, i was proud when Ryan got pissed

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
Mac seems to push them hard today. They have been on ice for 75 mins and still going on.

Edit: They just ended it at the 80 min mark.

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
They deserve it IMO... Should bag skate them too

No question about them deserving it. Hopefully it won't tire them out too much since we have a game starting in less than 23 hours.

Last edited:

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 1m
There were punches thrown. May have been Cowen's first fight of the year. #Sens

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 2m
Cowen and Neil in a little tussle here. Players step in. #Sens

Good.

Maybe this will remind Cowen that he's 6'6 235 and can play tough.

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
Everytime this team poops the bed this year they should be rewarded with a 90mins practice.

You don't leave everything you have on the ice? Well, you can sure as hell skate at extra 30mins at practice then.

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
So Neil is no longer just post game hero, he has now turned into a Practice Hero. What a loser. Guy can't even take a pass. Franzen was right. Total non factor in basically every game.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Cowen has to be mean and nasty to play well, and I am completely ok with him mixing it up with Neil. If he can carry the ugly streak into the next game maybe he'll stick in the lineup and help us get a W.

Big Giant Head

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
It sounds to me (in general) that these overboard Neil haters have never played hockey or want to see the NHL switch to the European style of game. I was never the best but I played organized hockey from development to juvenile and guys like these are loved in the room for the most part. I also know that this is sort of a blanket statement but whatever.

I'm happy to see that we have a few players who are visibly angry about the position this team has put itself in. Granted "skill" players can show they aren't satisfied with the status quo by playing hard overall but that isn't happening mostly. As an example I for one am happy that Neil/Methot weren't gonna just do nothing when Detroit walked all over us in our own building.

It's not his fault he's over played, he's a perfect fourth line guy who can play a very specific role IMO.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
It sounds to me (in general) that these overboard Neil haters have never played hockey or want to see the NHL switch to the European style of game. I was never the best but I played organized hockey from development to juvenile and guys like these are loved in the room for the most part. I also know that this is sort of a blanket statement but whatever.

I'm happy to see that we have a few players who are visibly angry about the position this team has put itself in. Granted "skill" players can show they aren't satisfied with the status quo by playing hard overall but that isn't happening mostly. As an example I for one am happy that Neil/Methot weren't gonna just do nothing when Detroit walked all over us in our own building.

It's not his fault he's over played, he's a perfect fourth line guy who can play a very specific role IMO.

Oh don't worry, I've played some strong hockey in my life.
It happens to get angry in practices, point is why the F isn't he showing that in games? The day I fought in a drill you could be sure the next game I would hit someone pretty hard. Let's see if he's a non factor again in WPG

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
Sylvain St-Laurent ‏@Syl_St_Laurent 4m
Clarke MacArthur est rentré à Ottawa, blessé à une main. Il pourrait jouer lundi soir au Centre Canadian Tire. #Sens #ledroit

Sylvain saying that MAc is returning to Ottawa with a hand injury, is even doubtful for monday

Cowen and the Kaptain are back:

James Gordon ‏@SensReporter 4m
Anderson, Cowen and Kassian in tomorrow, Wiercioch out.

and:

Clarke MacArthur est rentré à Ottawa, blessé à une main. Il pourrait jouer lundi soir au Centre Canadian Tire. #Sens #ledroit

Sylvain saying that MAc is returning to Ottawa with a hand injury, is even doubtful for monday

And:

Erik Karlsson ‏@ErikKarlsson65
I hate when you can't understand why people do or say certain things that has no meaning.

A shot at Maclean?

:sarcasm:

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2006
Calgary

and:

And:

Erik Karlsson ‏@ErikKarlsson65
I hate when you can't understand why people do or say certain things that has no meaning.

A shot at Maclean?

:sarcasm:
Just a reminder:

Karlsson and Phillips are the only two defensemen on the roster to not have been healthy scratched once this entire season.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
I swear to god! why the hell does Neil keep fighting other players on the team. It happens all the time and its so ******* stupid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad