Pre-Game Talk: SENS in Winnipeg, Wednesday 8:00 pm on TSN

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Draft ranking is not always based on potential. It it also based on chance of reaching the said potential. Zboril back then was arguably the safest defensemen in the draft. Great all around game while Chabot had already shown flaws defensively (which is why he got scratched). Chabot had the better offensive skillset for sure, but how many guys dominate the Q to neber even play a game in the NHL? A million. Until Chabot took a bigger role (going from 3rd pair to 1rst pair) he wss obviously no lt considered as good as Zboril. Only agter the injury of Zboril that people started to see that Chabot could play well defensively against top opposition.

Zboril was not a bad pick, that being said he has not had the best draft +1 season, if he can stay healthy he will deifnitely become a great NHL player. Chabot on the other hand had a great season.

Zboril wasn't even close to the safest defenseman in the draft. Hanifin, Provorov, Werenski, etc.. He wasn't a safe pick because he doesn't have a whole lot to fall back on. He's average sized, has average skill, average hockey sense and average skill. He has a great shot, but that's not enough to fall back on to make him a safe pick.

He was a terrible pick at 13, especially considering who was left on the board. It's not just hindsight either, felt that he was a 20-30 guy on draft day.

Reactions: Benjamin

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I'm starting to get concerned about our forward group this year. The only guys that appear to show up game in game out so far are Hoffman, Stone and Formenton. Yeah, that's a problem.
I'd start worrying if this was a consistent issue during the regular season

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
I wonder when the local media is going to do their jobs and actually grill Boucher about our god-awful PP zone entries at some point. It seems like they only know how to ask him happy go lucky questions pre and post game.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Chabot h
Stone and Thompson both went for the puck instead of skating back. I don't feel like this is on Chabot.
Well partly... it was his shot that was blocked that sent the jets away ... 2 on 1 goalie has the shooter... D's job is to deny the pass ... so .. at least partly his fault

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I wonder when the local media is going to do their jobs and actually grill Boucher about our god-awful PP zone entries at some point. It seems like they only know how to ask him happy go lucky questions pre and post game.

I want to know what that backpassing is all about when it hasn't worked once.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad