Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna
is-in-san-die-thatescalated-quickly-memes-com-14029890.png

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The disappointing part of that period is that it could have been much different.

Paajarvi hits a post, an inch to the left and it's a goal.
White misses the open net,
3 on 1 but a bad pass turns it into a break for a goal the other way.

Was that no goal this period too? Half an inch from crossing the line...

We've been sloppy, so I'm not saying we deserve better, the mistakes we make are self inflicted many times, but we're doing some good things too, the chances are there.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
This team hurts itself constantly, they had a 4 minute power play & wasted so much time just trying to get organized. They had a 3 on 1 & blew that only to have the stinking Leafs come back with a 3 on 1 of their own to show us how it's done. I blame GB & the coaching staff for them constantly wasting so much time getting organized on the PP & the players for ineptitude on that last goal. It's not that the Leafs have been so much better, it's that this team constantly hurts itself with stupid decisions & blowing opportunities. Does any other team have so many stupid plays go against them constantly as this team does?

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Some thoughts:

Anderson is nothing special and I think gets more credit than he deserves.

Nice pass, Dzingel. Idiot.

Melnyk is a desperate liar.

Variable, if you see this, please go find Eugene and dump a beer on his head. I'll pay for it.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
so Euge says from 2021 to 2025 the sens will spend close the cap.

I heard that as "and until 2021 we will spend to the floor". a negative for signing our two FA.

Melnyk will asked his GM to always be rebuilsing so that he doesn't have to spend to the cap.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
"Credibility issue" that's putting it lightly

This is how you deal with gaslighting however. Memes don't beat other memes haha.

The main problem with ownership is it's complete lack of credibility. There is of course more to it than that but that gets to the point: no one believes Melnyk.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'lL believe it when I see it
Only way it makes sense to me is if there's a cash infusion, so either Lebreton deal or a purchase/partnership of the team.

Lebreton deal on it's own seems like it would put more stress on the finances, so I'm thinking this is tied to a potential new partnership/cash infusion.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Only way it makes sense to me is if there's a cash infusion, so either Lebreton deal or a purchase/partnership of the team.

Lebreton deal on it's own seems like it would put more stress on the finances, so I'm thinking this is tied to a potential new partnership/cash infusion.

It could also be sheer desperation. Doubling down is classic behaviour from scum like Melnyk.

It is very hard to gauge what the statement could mean: Melnyk is a con artist and while we did up spending as things were looking better, the money spent on the roster dried up instantly at the first sign of trouble.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
This is how you deal with gaslighting however. Memes don't beat other memes haha.

The main problem with ownership is it's complete lack of credibility. There is of course more to it than that but that gets to the point: no one believes Melnyk.

I don't see Melnyk spending to or near the cap. But there has been tons of rumours and speculation about new partners or selling the team. A new owner coming in would absolutely see repairing fan trust as a priority, and this is one way to heal some of the wounds.

IpsoPostFacto

No opinions, just reactions
Dec 17, 2017
You realize Stone and Duchene would have 7 years left entering the 2020-21 season? If they’d sign 8 years of course
I do. I also imagine that the team plans to spend as little as possible for the next few years. so do they sign one of the fa to get to the floor and even if they want to do that, do either of those guys think that "sure, starting 2 years from now we will start bringing in better players with the increased budget; maybe even win a cup towards the end of those five years". that's the decision those guys have to make. the could also say "or, sign and trade me or just let me walk and i'll sign with some team I think is contending today and might win over the next few years.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I don't see Melnyk spending to or near the cap. But there has been tons of rumours and speculation about new partners or selling the team. A new owner coming in would absolutely see repairing fan trust as a priority, and this is one way to heal some of the wounds.

Agreed.

New partners would do a lot to help the credibility of the franchise. A promise from a con artists unfortunately doesn't do much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00