Post-Game Talk: SENS in NY Isles, Friday December 01, 7:00 pm on TSN

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
We are talking about him because he was almost solely responsible for both Habs goals in our last game.
Really??But the top 6 that has 5 complete no shows again,has nothing to do with losing??We have scored what 9 goals in our past 7???We have a top 6 that cant win a 50/50 puck battle anywhere on the ice ,and cant score.....Add in our best player playing some of the worse hockey we have seen since he was a rookie ,yet the problem still lies with Codi freaken Ceci....lol

Reactions: Cosmix

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Really??But the top 6 that has 4 complete no shows again,has nothing to do with losing??We have scored what 9 goals in our past 7???We have a top 6 that cant win a 50/50 puck battle anywhere on the ice ,and cant score.....Add in our best player playing some of the worse hockey we have seen since he was a rookie ,yet the problem still lies with Codi freaken Ceci....lol

I never said he was the reason we lost, but he was definitely a played a big part in the loss.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I expect a win tonight....and I expect Erik to put on a dominating performance. If he wants to get paid, show us you're still worth it with that zombie foot.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I never said he was the reason we lost, but he was definitely a played a big part in the loss.
The top 6 is entirely responseable for everything.The cant score,or maintain pressure in the offensive zone.That has a huge trickle down effect in every other part of our game,the bottom 6 ,goaltending and most of all defensmen being forced to play far too much in their dzone.The top 6 has been absolute garbage,and we wont win consistantly with this inconsistant group ever

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
TBH i dont see us being any better with Turris either.....We just dont have the players up front

At least with Turris the team could get through the neutral and into the O zone and set up a play.

The Duchene trade is a massive bust, Duchene doesn’t create offence, he’s just a puck retrieval hound and amazing skater. His offensive hockey IQ is way below what I expected, I’m actually afraid about his skill level, it’s way below what I expected

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
At least with Turris the team could get through the neutral and into the O zone and set up a play.

The Duchene trade is a massive bust, Duchene doesn’t create offence, he’s just a puck retrieval hound and amazing skater. His offensive hockey IQ is way below what I expected, I’m actually afraid about his skill level, it’s way below what I expected
Yep he has been far far too overrated as a player..Turris while I agree had more to his play wasnt the answer either,we need an elite center...Not a very good one like Spezza,but a real game changer in all 3 zones.And a big fast franchise winger

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Yep he has been far far too overrated as a player..Turris while I agree had more to his play wasnt the answer either,we need an elite center...Not a very good one like Spezza,but a real game changer in all 3 zones.And a big fast franchise winger

I agree. But if we added Duchene and kept Turris, we’d have Duchene playing W on the top line and then we would of had depth - I like how Duchene plays he’s just not an elite player, he’s a compliment to a top line.

We needed to add Duchene and keep Turris - brutal trade

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
The top 6 is entirely responseable for everything.The cant score,or maintain pressure in the offensive zone.That has a huge trickle down effect in every other part of our game,the bottom 6 ,goaltending and most of all defensmen being forced to play far too much in their dzone.The top 6 has been absolute garbage,and we wont win consistantly with this inconsistant group ever
What a frustrating exchange to follow here. You're arguing with yourself. No one was placing 100% blame on Ceci, probably everyone here thinks the top 6 has been a key contributer to the slide and then you double down by literally placing the full blame on the top 6 ignoring the play of the defense, goaltending, coaching and special teams that have ALL been complete dog shit.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
What a frustrating exchange to follow here. You're arguing with yourself. No one was placing 100% blame on Ceci, probably everyone here thinks the top 6 has been a key contributer to the slide and then you double down by literally placing the full blame on the top 6 ignoring the play of the defense, goaltending, coaching and special teams that have ALL been complete dog ****.
Welp you win and lose with your best players.....Usually that is your top 6 and top 4 we havent been losing games because we cant defend,goaltending could be better but cant say its the sole reason.But the one constant has been the complete lack of production,from our money players up front.Asking your team to win games 1 to nothing everytime out is impossible

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Welp you win and lose with your best players.....Usually that is your top 6 and top 4 we havent been losing games because we cant defend,goaltending could be better but cant say its the sole reason.But the one constant has been the complete lack of production,from our money players up front.Asking your team to win games 1 to nothing everytime out is impossible

Yip and Ceci is part of the blame. I see you got triggered by someone mentioning that Ceci had a couple of rough games. Which is true. Was he the sole reason we lost? Of course not. But he has been one of the main reasons on the D. Phaneuf and Ceci need to be split up.

I think we miss Wideman more than you guys thought. He provided that puck carrier on the bottom pairing. Now we got no one there. Hopefully Chabot provides some of it.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

Tough to evaluate when the team is playing poorly. Karlsson is playing as poor as he has ever played. When he is not going, and Anderson/Condon are not going How the bleep can you really make an assessment on Duchene or Turris? Karlsson and goaltending are killing this season. Guess what? Karlsson plays most of the PP, and as mentioned before, he is playing poorly. Guess what happens to the PP? People are so dense...

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
I'm just hoping we display some chemistry tonight. Since Doosh arrived our chemistry is that of the Timbits that play during intermissions at CTC.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Tough to evaluate when the team is playing poorly. Karlsson is playing as poor as he has ever played. When he is not going, and Anderson/Condon are not going How the bleep can you really make an assessment on Duchene or Turris? Karlsson and goaltending are killing this season. Guess what? Karlsson plays most of the PP, and as mentioned before, he is playing poorly. Guess what happens to the PP? People are so dense...

I guess to that I’d say if Duchene needs the goalies to be playing well and Karlsson to be playing for himself to play well then he isn’t a good player.

Stone and Karlsson didn’t need Bobby Ryan to be playing well to get to the top of their game, so shy does Duchene. He could be a difference maker but he isn’t which I think says it all

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Yip and Ceci is part of the blame. I see you got triggered by someone mentioning that Ceci had a couple of rough games. Which is true. Was he the sole reason we lost? Of course not. But he has been one of the main reasons on the D. Phaneuf and Ceci need to be split up.

I think we miss Wideman more than you guys thought. He provided that puck carrier on the bottom pairing. Now we got no one there. Hopefully Chabot provides some of it.
Iam not triggered by anything said about Ceci ....Its just why mention him specifically ...When others that have supposed bigger roles on the team have failed much harder than him....The big names that receive all the PP and OZ start times have done absolutely nothing,yet we go on about how Ceci made a mistake or how Boro is unskilled.....Yet nothing about the massive fail going on by our money players ,that are paid to lead the team...

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Iam not triggered by anything said about Ceci ....Its just why mention him specifically ...When others that have supposed bigger roles on the team have failed much harder than him....The big names that receive all the PP and OZ start times have done absolutely nothing,yet we go on about how Ceci made a mistake or how Boro is unskilled.....Yet nothing about the massive fail going on by our money players ,that are paid to lead the team...
Hello strawman, my old friend.
I've come to argue with you again.
Because lack of vision is creeping.
The #System has me sleeping.
And decisions to acquire Burrows hurts my brain.
With the sound of Boucher's pressers.

Reactions: BuckyDornster

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau

You have been triggered by any negative thing said about Ceci for 2 years now.

Also, you and all the majority of the Pro-Ceci crowd have only talked about "how big and difficult his role is", so now you are downplaying the importance of being the top shutdown d-man?

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

Because he's had a couple of rough games. So we can't mention him? Are you so sensitive about Ceci that now we can't criticize him?

Don't worry all the guilty parties are being skewered as well. Just check out the Duchene thread. It's not only Ceci that is at fault.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

The top players and goaltending have been the major issues imo....EK and Andy im looking at you, tending has come around but the top 6 save for Stone has almost completely disappeared, would I like Ceci, Phaneuf and Oduya's game stronger? Of course but focusing on them or specifically just Ceci as the problem is laughable.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I guess to that I’d say if Duchene needs the goalies to be playing well and Karlsson to be playing for himself to play well then he isn’t a good player.

Stone and Karlsson didn’t need Bobby Ryan to be playing well to get to the top of their game, so shy does Duchene. He could be a difference maker but he isn’t which I think says it all

You think any coach wins the Jack Adams if their goalie isn't playing well? Find me one.

EVERYONE needs the goalies to stop the puck. Including Karlsson, Duchene, and the coach. Like I said, dense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad