Pre-Game Talk: SENS in Nashville, 8:00pm on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
There is no incentive to build a competitive team. Why? Even when competitive cheapest seats at playoff games are unsold.

Paying Karlsson 10+ is far from a no brainer. He ruined the game tonight singlehandedly, for example. On top of the fact season tickets are going badly , he won't spend 10+ without adequate revenues .

Hope I'm wrong

No need to hope, you are definitely wrong. If you think the stands will be empty next year with EK, just wait until after he is traded.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
I heard it from a quality source that even Bobby Orr had games where he was a minus, and the great Patrick Roy occasionally had games with poor sv%. I mean, the source is rock solid, but it's pretty crazy hard to believe, right?

Yeah but not on the same night on the same team. Stop cherry picking stats

Reactions: Polansky

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
What is this? How can anyone be this wrong?

Well, the real world may hurt your feelings, FQL, but there are things such as business plans, objectives and such. Sure, fans will not come out but inevitably, they will come and watch as Chabot develops and becomes the anchor and other players roles change. Life goes on.

I know everyone thinks smoking Melnyk out of his bunker will be the solution here. I am not part of that group. I would love Karlsson to be a Senator for life as Dorion has stated, but without major payroll restructuring based on revenues incoming to sign him, it won't happen.

Find me an NHL team that has a player making north of 10M, and check their revenues or team success. I see Carey Price and Mcdavid. What are the differences to Ottawa? The teams both suck, but their revenues are a lot higher. And they play to full arenas. They have the revenues to justify the salaries.

So now you want Ottawa to have a similar player on a team that has 75% capacity? With 8K and falling seasons renewals? Why because FQL, L'Aveuglette think I'm stupid? hahahahahahaha

Stay home guys, stay home, it's a great plan! NHL owes you nothing. Melnyk owes you nothing. You wanna watch Karlsson? All the morons who stay home saving their bucks can still stay home and watch him play elsewhere. Enjoy!

Last edited:

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
No need to hope, you are definitely wrong. If you think the stands will be empty next year with EK, just wait until after he is traded.

Haha well I know they are empty with EK now and they will be with him next year (how proud) so what's your point? Melnyk will fillet this team like Nusret to make the numbers work , but g'ahead, you show him lol

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
yeah, what better way to earn fans back than by trading off the best player the franchise has ever seen. You talk about fan's sense of entitlement but you know, teams aren't entitled to fans, they need to earn them to. It's a two way street, you commit to the fans, they commit to you. A team starts talking about relocation and trading off the best players the franchise has ever known to save money, and the fans get cold feet.

They are relocating... to Lebreton. let it go already.

If they sign Karlsson, will you sacrifice Stone for it to happen? He can't get rid of Ryan, so where else is he going to cut? Stone is getting 7+. Maybe 8. Duchene will get 7+. More likely 8. Based on revenues, and attendance issues, give me a reason why he should sign Karlsson? Because HF militants want to continue watching him for free?

He won't sign him, go young and the revenues he loses from fans that are mad, do you think it adds up to $12M? Legitimately asking. They might have attendance that averages 12K all season. Is he losing more than 12M?

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
They are relocating... to Lebreton. let it go already.

If they sign Karlsson, will you sacrifice Stone for it to happen? He can't get rid of Ryan, so where else is he going to cut? Stone is getting 7+. Maybe 8. Duchene will get 7+. More likely 8. Based on revenues, and attendance issues, give me a reason why he should sign Karlsson? Because HF militants want to continue watching him for free?

He won't sign him, go young and the revenues he loses from fans that are mad, do you think it adds up to $12M? Legitimately asking. They might have attendance that averages 12K all season. Is he losing more than 12M?

Quite easily, and Stone is my second favourite Senator. Karlsson is a generational talent and a franchise player, between the two I will choose EK65 8 days a week.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Based on revenues, and attendance issues, give me a reason why he should sign Karlsson? Because HF militants want to continue watching him for free?

Because Karlsson is one of the few reasons left to cheer for the team? Honestly, if you think fan apathy is too high now, just wait and see what it's like without the leagues most exciting Dman in the lineup. Trading a player like Karlsson is extremely high risk, and if you don't hit a homerun with the return you end up hurting the brand in a way that you might never recover from. There's only so many times management can spin a trade as the player wanting out and their hands were tied before the fanbase starts questioning why every good player wants out.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Quite easily, and Stone is my second favourite Senator. Karlsson is a generational talent and a franchise player, between the two I will choose EK65 8 days a week.

Well, we have one. And that is very likely to happen.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Haha well I know they are empty with EK now and they will be with him next year (how proud) so what's your point? Melnyk will fillet this team like Nusret to make the numbers work , but g'ahead, you show him lol
The situation is such a spinning Wheel..

Fans : i won't go because Melkyk
Melnyk : I can't pay player X or Y more, because fans don't come to game.
Fans : See Melnyk is cheap
Melnyk : Fans suck, we have talented players they should come...
Fans : F.U. Melnyk.

I'm not saying fans are wrong, if they don't like him, that's their right to no pay. But be ready to see a bad product until EM is gone, maybe it will take several year.
I sincerely don't have the luxury to go more then once a year to the CTC since i'm from MTL, unless their is a solid package.

If EK don't sign, people will not go for some time, then will come back when the team will find success.. I know i won't quit, i'm excited for a lot of our prospect.

Reactions: coladin

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Because Karlsson is one of the few reasons left to cheer for the team? Honestly, if you think fan apathy is too high now, just wait and see what it's like without the leagues most exciting Dman in the lineup. Trading a player like Karlsson is extremely high risk, and if you don't hit a homerun with the return you end up hurting the brand in a way that you might never recover from. There's only so many times management can spin a trade as the player wanting out and their hands were tied before the fanbase starts questioning why every good player wants out.

Micklebot, the most exciting Dman is playing in front of 6000 empty seats right now. How much lower will it go. The diehards will renew for many reasons: love of the game, other players, etc...Corporations and small biz need the Sens regardless of the product. Will losing Karlsson, compared to paying make that much of a difference.

If we were pre-tarp, and they had attendance, paid attendance, in the same ballpark as other Canadian markets, there would be much, much more to lose. At this stage, they are hitting record lows. I wish he stays, but I don't see how THIS particular owner will be able to do it. His track record is not exactly comforting to say the least.

I am a realist, and this is a developing tragic story for this fanbase.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Micklebot, the most exciting Dman is playing in front of 6000 empty seats right now. How much lower will it go. The diehards will renew for many reasons: love of the game, other players, etc...Corporations and small biz need the Sens regardless of the product. Will losing Karlsson, compared to paying make that much of a difference.

If we were pre-tarp, and they had attendance, paid attendance, in the same ballpark as other Canadian markets, there would be much, much more to lose. At this stage, they are hitting record lows. I wish he stays, but I don't see how THIS particular owner will be able to do it. His track record is not exactly comforting to say the least.

I am a realist, and this is a developing tragic story for this fanbase.

I don't think you're being very realistic in thinking that attendance won't take a hit with prices going up and the product taking a major hit (trading Karlsson). Agree to disagree I guess...

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I don't think you're being very realistic in thinking that attendance won't take a hit with prices going up and the product taking a major hit (trading Karlsson). Agree to disagree I guess...

Fans will take a bigger hit than small biz and corporations. They are just tools for them, tickets. I am likely going to renew, and others I speak with laugh off the increases, corporations don't care much! Fans are a different story, but they typically don't sign too much n the Lower bowl, club seats, Club Bell, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad