Pre-Game Talk: SENS in Montreal, Saturday Night 7:00 pm on TSN

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
McCormick is an agitator, but that hit wasn't right. Definitely charging, and not needed right at the whistle like that.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Got 100s tickets for this one

Chabot had a terrible first

McCormick has a one way in the next few years? What has he done to deserve that? The guy is a pro I swear he hasn't done one clean zone exit on his side and the outlets were clean

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
I agree with the comments about Chabot, he looks nervous or unprepared.

He's not making good reads defensively.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
because its one thing if he showed up to play and is getting shelled, he looks fast asleep along with wideman and harpur

So, again, why would you pull him? You haven't actually given a reasoned explanation.

Is it just because you don't want to watch him anymore? We don't get points for these games. Would you pull Anderson out of a practice because he was struggling, or have him practice more? I'd probably have him practice more.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Can someone explain why Gallagher bumping Anderson on a breakaway, without even a feigned attempt to avoid him, is not a penalty?

I remember years ago Foligno would play the bumping goalies game and eventually the refs caught on and when in doubt they called him for GI. Why hasn't this happened to Gallagher yet? He's constantly hitting goalies on purpose. Why does the NHL give him a free pass?

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
So, again, why would you pull him? You haven't actually given a reasoned explanation.

Is it just because you don't want to watch him anymore? We don't get points for these games. Would you pull Anderson out of a practice because he was struggling, or have him practice more? I'd probably have him practice more.

a player showing up fast asleep should not be playing, its not about not watching him its about being ready for a game.

Even though this is preseason its all about the mentality in the game, if we could i would say sit wideman/harpur because they look fast asleep as well

if your not ready to play you should not be playing practice/preseason/regular season whatever

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
As a Habs fan I have no problem with that hit on Mete. A period is 20 minutes long and he can cut out some of those junior habits. That being said, I expect Max will get some extra attention in the next few periods.

Reactions: Gil Scott Perron

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
The defense in front of Andy have really broken down in front of him on a couple of those goals. The first goal could've been called goalie interference.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
His passing is way off, doesn't look good breaking out
So does our other 5 D.

Our better Dman tonight is Mark Stone.. and he is a forward. That say that A) our D aren't playing well tonight and B) Stone is so good.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Fomenton broke out of our zone really well, peeling off the end-boards after reading the Habs forecheck along the boards.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
As a Habs fan I have no problem with that hit on Mete. A period is 20 minutes long and he can cut out some of those junior habits. That being said, I expect Max will get some extra attention in the next few periods.

Looked like max wasn't even going to chase him and then when he noticed Mete was just standing there he took his shot and rushed in. Had Mete just skated it up a little he probably doesn't get touched.

Reactions: loudi94

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
McCormick shouldn't have done that with a second or so left in the period. That was just stupid!

Chabot is being caught up the ice in the neutral and the MTL zones. He's doing it without support from a forward to cover for him. He can't get back fast enough. His junior speed won't save him against NHL quality skaters. If he doesn't get it he will have to learn it in the AHL.

Refs called hooking on Brown for trying to lift the stick near mid-ice but didn't call the hook on Smith who had a perfect chance taken away right in front of Price. I don't get it!

All the Sens D including Harpur are having trouble with the quick 3 man pressure from the MTL fore checkers. On many shifts the Sens forwards are leaving the zone too fast leaving too wide a gap and even if they get the pass along the wall outside the zone the MTL D pinches them on the boards

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
A bit of jitters by the young guys tonight. Not unexpected tbh and not overly concerning. Not liking the effort by the non-prospect young guys like Claesson, Harpur (I guess he's still a prospect despite playing last year) and wideman. I don't get the feeling they are guaranteed a spot and their play in the offseason hasn't waranted a spot either. All Defensemen too which is a bit concerning. Still, no real harm done until we play regular season games.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
lol, this commentary on TSN. The refs are soooo strict, and don't deviate from it (unless it's a Hab doing the slashing, that is)...:confused:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad