GDT: Sens in Long Island | Trap Game Edition | March 5th 2019, 7pm

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Was Jaros a healthy scratch? You know instead of Boro, Harpur and Ceci? Who in their right mind makes this decision. Someone please tell me he is hurt.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Does management think Ben Harpur is going to become the next Chara or something?

He's 24. We have a pretty good idea of what he is and it's not an NHL defenseman.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Yes the Harpur experiment needs to stop.

I don't think I've seen a worse player at getting the puck out of the zone than him that has played for this team.

Reactions: Deku

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
Yes the Harpur experiment needs to stop.

I don't think I've seen a worse player at getting the puck out of the zone than him that has played for this team.
Borowiecki on the first goal was pretty bad, but Ceci’s giveaway in his own zone on the 3rd(?) goal was other level. He had like 4 seconds to find a passing lane and bam, giveaway, goal. Most painful part of the “rebuild” is management deciding him, Boro amd Smith are pieces to build around smh

Good game by the kids tonight though, sucked seeing Smith start OT and then going 2 d with Ceci being one of them, but points in 2 straight!

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Was Jaros a healthy scratch? You know instead of Boro, Harpur and Ceci? Who in their right mind makes this decision. Someone please tell me he is hurt.
Injured and missed warmup. D will be taking turns when healthy.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
It's incredible to me just how much better this team could be if the people in charge took a truly honest account of our players and said "this guy hurts us more than he helps" and moved on.

I know there are always attachments to vets or other role players but this is pro sports. Hard decisions are made every day.

For years this Ceci stuff has constantly felt like the Emperor's New Clothes fable. Surely they have to be seeing the same thing as everyone else. Why can't they just admit it? Who is this helping???

And Ceci's just one of several although at this point it's far too late for it to really have any sort of consequence.

Reactions: bert and DrEasy

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I'm genuinely curious who was our planned third shooter in the SO. And I bet it still wasn't Duclair somehow.

Our org just doesn't value skill. And it's been that way for quite a while. Remember who MacLean used to pick for the SO?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Dorion specifically canned Boucher because he didn't play the kids enough and he let the one guy who would trust them even less become the man in charge for the last month. It's hilarious really.
Boucher was fired to misdirect attention away from Melnyk screwing up the Lebreton deal and Dorion for gutting the team at pennies to the dollar. These two cowards dont do anything for the good of the organization its all B.S and lies. Its all so obvious and has been for a long time. The consistency of the constant lying and disingenuous behavior has been repeated over and over again. Its insulting to the fanbase and truly remarkable how much these two people underestimate our ability to see right through it. Tone def is a term that is used so often but truly does not exemplify how off Melnyk and Dorion are. I think at this point not only the terrible moves that have been made show how much these two seriously lack intelligence but its the negligence to acknowledge that anyone paying attention can see right through the press releases and timing of things like the letter to the season ticket holders. They are so transparent, i can only come to the conclusion that they are extremely selfish, simple people.

Gary Bettman and the NHL need to step in, they are destroying the NHL brand in the capital of Canada. This effects the league as a whole, driving market value down in one franchise effects the soon to be 31 other teams. Both Melnyk and Dorion are unqualified as owner and general manager. They lack the four of the major traits to be in these positions business ethics, hockey knowledge, media relations and overall self awareness. Someone please step in and make a change before its too late.

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'm genuinely curious who was our planned third shooter in the SO. And I bet it still wasn't Duclair somehow.

Our org just doesn't value skill. And it's been that way for quite a while. Remember who MacLean used to pick for the SO?

Tbf, Duclair didn't have a shift in the last 10 mins of the 3rd or OT, so he'd have been ice cold in the shoot out.

Best bet is White or Balcers. Both were playing well late in the game.

I agree though that Duclair needs to get more icetime. Maybe they are seeing something with his effort level away from the puck, because when he has it he seems to be putting in the work.

Reactions: DrEasy

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Tbf, Duclair didn't have a shift in the last 10 mins of the 3rd or OT, so he'd have been ice cold in the shoot out.

Best bet is White or Balcers. Both were playing well late in the game.

I agree though that Duclair needs to get more icetime. Maybe they are seeing something with his effort level away from the puck, because when he has it he seems to be putting in the work.
So the team is down two goals late and doesnt play one of the few skilled players on the team and one off the fastest skaters on the team in 3 on 3?

Oh he was bad away from the puck so they bench him? Well Ceci and Boro were bad with the puck but they still get to play.

Gross incompetence just slapping us in the face. No accountability for some players but others who are learning a new system get punished.

Starts at the top but right through the organization this is rotten.

Reactions: Deku and DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad