Post-Game Talk: SENS in Detroit, Thurs. 7:30 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaMai

Mar 6, 2011
Canada
If the sens wanna attract fans to their next home game, they should do something similar to the 67s.

-$20 gets you a ticket and a beer.
- bud and Bud light $7 during the first period.

So you could pay $34 and have 3 beers while watching the game. Sounds pretty sweet. Might have to do that and catch a winning team.

After the trade deadline they should give out tickets for the 67s as an incentive to buy Sens tickets :naughty:

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Let's get out of the basement of the league with a win tonight!

Oh wait...:sarcasm:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Friedman 31 thoughts from yesterday

Trade them or sign them?
The best information I can give you as I write this: You are going to hear both possibilities in each case. My belief is the Senators are going to test the market for all of them, while reserving the right to keep any particular player if they can agree on terms.
The players obviously have a big say in this, and, even though the organization would like to know as soon as possible, the fact is that deadlines spur action — and the only deadlines now are soft. One of the difficult things about covering this on a daily basis is that feelings change. While Duchene has been very public with his thoughts, Stone, a more private person, hasn’t. He’s made it very clear he doesn’t like anyone guessing what he thinks, so you have to be careful.
The safest thing to say is that, at different times, feelings change. A player may lean one way, then another. The Senators, wisely, have held the position that if they want to keep someone, they will wait out any uncertainty as long as they possibly can.
To protect themselves, my belief is they are going to look around. But, again, until told they’ve got no chance at keeping people — or they decide they can’t — they will wait.
So, let’s check the market. The big-game hunters for rentals
are Calgary, the Islanders, Nashville and Winnipeg for sure. I’ll have more on Boston below, but the Bruins are lurking. Columbus is incredibly intriguing, because, if they don’t keep Panarin, they will use what they get for him to add. I think Pittsburgh and San Jose would be there if they had more assets. Jim Rutherford and Doug Wilson are fearless, but previous moves prevent this.
Vegas is another interesting one. They did it last year. But does George McPhee feel strongly enough about his group to do it again? I could also make arguments for Tampa, Toronto and Washington to pull surprise moves. They have the pieces; I just can’t measure the will.
Things are about to get busier. But, as I’ve been warned, don’t jump to conclusions.

ahhhh let me sleep on it...

Reactions: Peptic Balcers

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
There was a big Ottawa contingent on the flight, organization people and who knows who else, hopefully agents!

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
Hey .. it is what it is.. You are already on the record for not being able to care less about the game .. so just passing along info to some that might care a little
Haha it wasn't a jab at you, it was just a reflection of the times we're in. We're about to lose our studs but hey take your pick at one of these scrubs to dress tonight. Also, I'm ranting

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
"One is expected to play," shared the coach. "I'll make my decision after warm-up whether we're going 11 & 7 or if we're going 12 & 6."

Dzingel - Duchene - Ryan
Tkachuk - White - Stone
Smith - Pageau - Paajarvi
Archibald - Tierney - Balcers

Chabot - DeMelo
Lajoie - Ceci
Jaros - Harpur
Goloubef

With 6 wins in his last 9 games, Anders Nilsson (9-13-1) will make his fourth start in a row tonight for the Senators

Game Day Notes: Sens @ Red Wings

Reactions: OscarsCards

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
Iets go sens couId be the Iast sens game I watch this Season. if duchane and stone both traded I going fuII on jets fan for rest of season IoI.:naughty::laugh:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Hopefully Gaborik will be able to play.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Senscore

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
The current point cutoff for making the playoffs is 67 points... will we finish over or under that amount? We are currently on pace for 68.8 pts with 47 after 56 games

If we win we'll be on pace for 70.4...
If we get 1 point we'll be on pace for 69.0...
If we lose flat out we'll be on pace for 67.6...

I am guessing we finish with more than 65 but less than 70

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Here's hoping for a win tonight. Detroit is one of the tems they're going to be battling for the basement with.

Not finishing worst in the league would be a good pride thing for the youngsters.

Reactions: Deku

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Here's hoping for a win tonight. Detroit is one of the tems they're going to be battling for the basement with.

Not finishing worst in the league would be a good pride thing for the youngsters.

Really? I am not sure they will find much pride in 3oth vs 31st... Maybe as a joke like "Hey we weren't the worst team" .. but not much pride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad