Post-Game Talk: SENS in Detroit, Thurs. 7:30 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I feel like the refs have really put the whistles away in the past month

They certainly didn't want to call any penalties this game if they could help it.

wtf was dzingel not out there instead of ceci?

I didn't think Dzingel had all that great a game tbh, though with 5 seconds left, yeah, no reason to have ceci out there.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
They certainly didn't want to call any penalties this game if they could help it.

I didn't think Dzingel had all that great a game tbh, though with 5 seconds left, yeah, no reason to have ceci out there.
Down by a goal, you put your goal scorers out. Don't park him them the bench for the 2 mins of 6-5, that's idiotic

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Anyone with half a brain doesn't have Ceci on the ice in the final two minutes. Dzingle should have been out there. Another dynamic game by him

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Feels like there's such a massive black cloud over everything right now. It never should've gotten to this point.

If there was any doubt of guys signing, they should've been moved in the summer. Letting this crap linger is creating toxic mold in the very foundations of this franchise. It will take more than an ownership, management and player change to get it out.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Feels like there's such a massive black cloud over everything right now. It never should've gotten to this point.

If there was any doubt of guys signing, they should've been moved in the summer. Letting this crap linger is creating toxic mold in the very foundations of this franchise. It will take more than an ownership, management and player change to get it out.
Disagree.

Change the owner and everything changes.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

Well put.

I mean, I don't even get why they're still "negotiating" at this point. What more can Dorion do to convince them to stay? Has he not made his best offer yet? If not, then does he have oatmeal for a brain?

As you say, either they should have been signed or moved long ago, or the only thing left to do is work the phones to get the very best deal available.

There's really nothing anyone can say that will justify arriving at this junction with all three UFAs. Nothing at all.

Reactions: Deku

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
I haven't been this disinterested in my Senators in over 10 years. I've been through rebuilds but this one just gives me no hope and if we lost Stone I might never be able to look at the Senators the same way.

I always hated people who talked like I just did, but man it's getting depressive, I care too much about this

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I beg to differ.

Those first couple of teams were absolutely devoid of skill. Anderson, Tkachuk, Nilsson, White, Chabot, Tierney . . . all of them would be far and away the best players on that team. Arguments can be made for another half a dozen players if not more.

Those teams were baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I haven't been this disinterested in my Senators in over 10 years. I've been through rebuilds but this one just gives me no hope and if we lost Stone I might never be able to look at the Senators the same way.

I always hated people who talked like I just did, but man it's getting depressive, I care too much about this

Last edited:

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018

it's fine to lament the downfall of something you've loved and cared about for a long time, despite what a few choice posters here say

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Tkachuk's postgame comments are always solid. Kid really knows what's up. Wasn't happy with how he lost the fight, admitted his 3rd period penalty was selfish, and overall always has good analysis of the game.

Reactions: Beville and DrEasy

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Well put.

I mean, I don't even get why they're still "negotiating" at this point. What more can Dorion do to convince them to stay? Has he not made his best offer yet? If not, then does he have oatmeal for a brain?

As you say, either they should have been signed or moved long ago, or the only thing left to do is work the phones to get the very best deal available.

There's really nothing anyone can say that will justify arriving at this junction with all three UFAs. Nothing at all.

Ragging the puck to see if a few more STH will renew.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Has there been a worse time to be a Sens fan? The first few years give it a run for its money, but in those days expansion teams weren't expected to compete

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Anyone with half a brain doesn't have Ceci on the ice in the final two minutes. Dzingle should have been out there. Another dynamic game by him
"Hes there to protect the empty net!!".. im surprised it wasn't demelo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad