GDT: SENS in CBJ, Fri 7pm ON TSN

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
They have no trust in each other. Some doing nothing others trying to do too much to cover up for the slackers.
Either they think trying to play their teammate's position instead of their own is having your teammates' back or they don't know what their role is in their position lol.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Yep, I agree with this.

No one wants their favourite Uncle as a coach. Even though it would be all buddy-buddy they wouldn't get to learn anything.

I want a guy like Sutter who just makes sure to hold people accountable and he doesn't rave about his players, all of his press conferences are just the straight honest truth without saying too much.

For example a media member might say well "Quick wasn't so quick tonight, what are your thoughts?" Sutter would say something like "defense was slow, offense was slower, so yeah quick had an off night."
From what I have heard, Sutter focuses on individual play and tells his players what he wants them to do with and without the puck. He then holds them accountable. Some players don't like being held accountable.

Reactions: LiseL

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
Does Korpisalo get any blame here? He was pretty weak on the 2nd and 3rd.. and even the 4th. I know the 3rd and 4th were tips, but goalies are supposed to stop tough shots. Merzlikens shut the door at the other end. Why can't our goalies ever do that? It's just pathetic.

The Sens came out great. They pushed back after getting down 4-2 and ended up outshooting 43-22. The effort was there. They know their season is on the line. They played desperate. They just couldn't beat Merzlikens. Opposing goalies have a habit of doing that to us. Meanwhile, our goalies have a habit of folding like cheap suit.

But according to you all, DJ is the source of all that plagues this team.
It's huge when a goalie stops a tough shot, it is not commonplace for any goalie. On Monday, Korpi made some amazing saves in that 1st period, we scored none. Our PK sucks. On Monday, 2 of the goals were tic-tac-toe. Others were screened. In this game, the first 2 goals were screened, all shots from the slot. A team can't give up so many quality shots and not expect to get burned.

Could our goaltending be better? Absolutely. But our defensive structure, poor PK and decision making is a huge factor. Their problems go way beyond goaltending. Lack of structure, poor execution and roster issues come to mind. A new coach may solve some of these probems. Would also help identify if there's also a roster issue. If they wait till the summer to hire a new coach, then they'll only find out next year if the roster is also a problem which will delay things further. I hope I'm wrong but I think we're in for difficult times for an extended period of time.

Reactions: DrEasy and Cosmix

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
On one pp the player on the right one timer side got a great pass but took the time to cradle the puck to tee it up then hesitated til the goalie squared to him and then took a weak sweep shot.... yes a sweep shot right at the goalie! It's unbelievable how slow developing and predictable the pp is.
Their dump/chase entries are also predictable as is their defensive coverage. Any team who watches just a bit of tape will know what they need to do to win, sigh.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Their dump/chase entries are also predictable as is their defensive coverage. Any team who watches just a bit of tape will know what they need to do to win, sigh.
zero creativity

otown

Sep 4, 2009
Dump, chase and hope is DJ's system. In the D zone there is no pressure on the opponent to force turnovers. Very tentative allowing an easy setup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad