Confirmed with Link: Sens Hire Le Chiffre aka Guy Boucher, brings the Crawdaddy with him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Would rather have Yeo.

Boucher only has 2 and a half season NHL experience. One season he made round 3 of the playoffs. Next season he missed and then the next he was fired.

Yeo had a 173-132-44 record in Minny.

Boucher had 97-78-20 record in Tampa.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Why stop there, we probably would have preferred Quenneville or Babcock; stupid hawks and leafs not firing there guys so that we could get out top candidate.

There was a legitimate chance of Julien being let go...

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
Ya! I like Le Chiffre as a choice here.

610996-le-chiffre.jpg

The Redden Rocket

Nov 15, 2015
Southern Ontario
I don't know much about Boucher, but I am worried this is a typical Sens panic move responding to pissing off the fan base after blowing it with Boudreau. Just like the Alfie fiasco, we go out and trade for Bobby Ryan and it appeases us slightly, and then when people actually sit down and look at the mechanics of the deal, it turned out to be a poorly calculated knee jerk reaction.

That said I'm just glad it's not Hartley or Crawford, hope the best for Guy. Still disappointed about Boudreau but let's see what Boucher can do!

That's what I was thinking. I hope he does well, personally I just wanted the search to be over. Some part of me thought we would wait and see if Hitch came loose but that's probably me just wanting to see Ads for Hitch vs Bab battle of Ontario games.

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
Bad news for a guy like Bobby Ryan, considering in all likelihood we're now going to trap teams to death.

Would've preferred Yeo myself, but will give Guy a chance.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes

If Boucher was ahead of Boudreau in preference, he would have been signed a few days ago. Instead we got this reactionary signing.

If Boudreau was our #1 and Boudreau hinted at preferring here but didn't sign here, its clearly money related.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Bad news for a guy like Bobby Ryan, considering in all likelihood we're now going to trap teams to death.

Why Bobby in specific? Everyone should suffer a little bit.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
don't have too much knowledge about Boucher to have an educated opinion. I just hope he helps make the team fun to watch again.

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK

Damn, doesn't take much to get a reputation around here. Yeo is a hot head and Boucher only runs a trap system. Truth be damned

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
I was disappointed about brucey, but people need to relax about Guy. He took two different Q teams to the memorial cup (neither as host), took the lightning to the conference finals with Dwayne Roloson. This past year (2015) he coached the Canadians to the Spengler cup and made Cory conacher an all star in the tourney...;)

I know **** about coaches but ihad him up above Yeo and Hartley.

Let's wait to pass judgment guys. We need to chill

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
For what it's worth - Boucher was coaching in Europe.

I'm assuming 1-3-1 doesn't work so well there so he adjusted his style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad