Confirmed with Link: Sens Hire Le Chiffre aka Guy Boucher, brings the Crawdaddy with him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Would have preferred Yeo, but Boucher always seems to get more hate than deserved around here, so he seems like a perfect match for the franchise in that regard.

On the plus side:
-We have a bond villain as our coach
-He known as a good PP coach

On the downside:
His system failed miserably once the rest of the league caught on. Can he adapt?
Trap is boring...

Othello*

People need to chill out.

Never thought I'd be saying that on here lmao.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Taken from news release:

“Over the past three weeks, Pierre Dorion and our hockey operations staff have undertaken a thorough and comprehensive search for our next head coach. Following a detailed evaluation of all coaching candidates, there was overwhelming consensus that Guy was our top candidate,” said Senators owner Eugene Melnyk. “We wanted a great coach and this process yielded our top pick. I couldn’t be happier. On behalf of the entire Senators organization, the great city of Ottawa and our fans, I want to welcome Guy, his wife Marsha and their three children, Vincent, Mila and Naomi.”

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Hoffman is loving life right now as well, if it weren't for Boucher, he'd be selling Toyota's right now. He turned his career around.

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
I don't know much about Boucher, but I am worried this is a typical Sens panic move responding to pissing off the fan base after blowing it with Boudreau. Just like the Alfie fiasco, we go out and trade for Bobby Ryan and it appeases us slightly, and then when people actually sit down and look at the mechanics of the deal, it turned out to be a poorly calculated knee jerk reaction.

That said I'm just glad it's not Hartley or Crawford, hope the best for Guy. Still disappointed about Boudreau but let's see what Boucher can do!

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
He pretty much had to trap with that Tampa defence a few years ago.

He could work out. I don't know... my issue is more that he lacks recent experience or the longevity of Yeo/Hartley.

He was coaching in Europe for a bit, right? Hopefully he's a guy who can self-reflect and adapt well to this team and the players we have.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Im just going to go out on a limb and say Yeo was to pricey too. But i guess we will never know till Boucher's salary is released..

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
I'm not going to bash the hire just yet..even though I was a Yeo fan.

I'm very confused by this press release though. Did they or did they not make an offer to Boudreau?

Boucher is not their #1 guy if they made that offer....

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Taken from news release:

“Over the past three weeks, Pierre Dorion and our hockey operations staff have undertaken a thorough and comprehensive search for our next head coach. Following a detailed evaluation of all coaching candidates, there was overwhelming consensus that Guy was our top candidate,†said Senators owner Eugene Melnyk. “We wanted a great coach and this process yielded our top pick. I couldn’t be happier. On behalf of the entire Senators organization, the great city of Ottawa and our fans, I want to welcome Guy, his wife Marsha and their three children, Vincent, Mila and Naomi.â€

To be fair, it would have been a dick move to say we got our # 2 pick.

16w

Jun 23, 2003
So are we going with the french name... Gi Boo-shay or the english Guy Bow-cher?

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
To be fair, it would have been a dick move to say we got our # 2 pick.

He's likely our #3 given how much it was speculated we wanted Julien before the Bruins GM finally realized he'd look like an idiot letting Julien walk.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'm not going to bash the hire just yet..even though I was a Yeo fan.

I'm very confused by this press release though. Did they or didn't get not make an offer to Boudreau?

Boucher is not the #1 guy of they made that offer....

Agreed. I think they would have felt bad saying we got our second choice though. I don't know if they did make an offer for Boudreau (I hope they did, but if not whatever) but I fully expected them to say we got our top candidate no matter who we hired.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
So the timing shows Boudreau was clearly our #1 and we didn't get him because of money/term.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Taken from news release:

“Over the past three weeks, Pierre Dorion and our hockey operations staff have undertaken a thorough and comprehensive search for our next head coach. Following a detailed evaluation of all coaching candidates, there was overwhelming consensus that Guy was our top candidate,†said Senators owner Eugene Melnyk. “We wanted a great coach and this process yielded our top pick. I couldn’t be happier. On behalf of the entire Senators organization, the great city of Ottawa and our fans, I want to welcome Guy, his wife Marsha and their three children, Vincent, Mila and Naomi.â€

Why the **** is Melnyk the guy who is quoted in the press release, and not Dorion?

In case anyone was curious as to who is in charge of this team - look no further. Bleh.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I don't know much about Boucher. Was hoping yeo myself but I guess I won't **** on it and give him a chance.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He's likely our #3 given how much it was speculated we wanted Julien before the Bruins GM finally realized he'd look like an idiot letting Julien walk.

Why stop there, we probably would have preferred Quenneville or Babcock; stupid hawks and leafs not firing there guys so that we could get out top candidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad